Women's World Cup 2011

Just got in and caught the extra time goal and PKs. What was the controversy earlier in the match and why were we red carded?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Just got in and caught the extra time goal and PKs. What was the controversy earlier in the match and why were we red carded?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

There was a 50/50 ball in the box between Marta and Beuhler, Marta lunged in for it and went to ground, they called a pk and red carded Beuhler. Bang-bang call, but it was the wrong call.

Hope Solo saved it, and the pk was retaken for encroachment, which was ticky tack at best. Perhaps within the letter of the law, but I've never seen a ref make that call before.

Also, Brazil was offside on their other goal.

A friend of mine just changed his FB profile picture to this:

269120_10150227000990951_559830950_7742654_4242550_n.jpg

I was ok with the red card, not sure if the Brazilian player could have gotten to the ball, but I think so and thus it stopped a goal scoring opportunity. That said, there was nothing Solo did wrong on the first PK. She can move laterally all she wants. Either way, great header into the goal and a great pass to set it up. Had to like the US chances with Solo as keeper for the PKs. I think it's doo doo that a game comes down to that, but I guess it's necessary.

I was ok with the red card, not sure if the Brazilian player could have gotten to the ball, but I think so and thus it stopped a goal scoring opportunity.

No one was questioning whether she could've gotten to the ball, they were questioning whether it was a foul. If it's a foul, it's obviously a red (dogso). But it looked like a 50/50 ball to me.

Heather Mitts is probably the hottest. Heard Mia Hamm had a fantastic fanny.

Speaking of today's game the women were cool under penalty kick pressure. Hope Solo guessed right and sent her team to the semis. She's nice looking herself save for a few blemishes on her cheeks.

Ali Krieger is a fox. Hottest one on the team imo. Heather Mitts doesn't really do much for me.

VN Store

Back