Would Butch Leave UT For Michigan State If Offered The Head Coaching Job?

he hasnt even coached a game for us yet and our already talking about him taking other jobs ???:loco::loco:

wouldnt be to upset about it cuz that would mean he did good things while at Tennessee

Why would he make a lateral move?

Do what? MSU a lateral move from UT? Maybe in the 60s, and still not really. Dantonio makes 1.8m a year, Butch makes 3+, they can't afford him. Really though, outside of Michigan, the state, CBJ doesn't have any ties to schools that we need to worry about. I will agree though, MSU has really made strides in their program since 00, up to 20th in valuation.

However, they still haven't shifted this profit to their football program budget, they are fighting with academics and the AD to add more to their $19 million budget. MSU's issue, is they have 25 collegiate sports, which cost a minimum of $1 million with a cost of, not counting basketball and football, an average $1.7 million per to run, which only Baseball, Basketball and Football make a profit, $62k, $9m, $31m respectively. Leaving roughly $40 million to cover 23 sports and academics. Basically, even though we are down, we have the revenue to provide top salaries while we have much superior facilities already, and play in a much better conference right now. Now I know our AD is in a deficit, but we still have much more financial backing and the facilities are already here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
he would get to go home... lateral move or not. i would say it's possible especially if he doesn't produce championships like he said he would...

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`

u r my hero

This reminds me of when Dooley was first hired and people were wondering if he'd leave us for Georgia.

Butch hasn't even coached a game yet and people are asking this is ridiculous.

Reactions: 1 person
Guess some people just can't stand prosperity. They sit around and think up this crap when our recruiting is going through the roof, and we have more excitement than we have had in many years.

Please take your negative thoughts and just go away.

We need, and deserve, to enjoy all the good things going on at UT. No time for anyone who wants to drag us down.

Butch is a VFL! He would not consider going back to the minor leagues. He is in the big time, and he is making a big time impact!

Go Vols!

Reactions: 3 people
He still has family up there and several of his assistants are from that area also. I work with a Mich State alum & he says it would be a done deal. Is Butch really a VFL?

I heard that he is like Jon Gruden and Kiffin and he has land there. Also, his mother in law still lives there. I have a cousin who plays hockey for the Michigan State hockey team ( I am not kidding about that) He says he saw the U.T. plane at the Lansing Michigan airport yesterday and that they are drawing up a contract for Jones, in the event that their current coach is fired and Jones can take his place.

It is a done deal, so book it!!! Jones is gone, after this one season.

I take Butch at his word when he said this was his dream job. I don't believe there is any way he would pull a "Kiffin". He may consider a move 8-10 years from now or after he has the Vols back in the title picture, and no, I'm not saying it will take 8-10 years to accomplish that.

dumb.gif

Butch coaches for 5 or 6 years with Peyton Manning as the OC for the last 2 of those years. Butch then takes a job in the NFL and turns the reins over to Manning.

I think I'm just coming down from the Lauderdale/McDowell high from earlier...

Reactions: 2 people
Why would he make a lateral move?

You are the worst poster on volnation. I can ignore you but I can't ignore when you're quoted. Just go find another team to cheer on with that defeated mentality, or stop with the battered wife crap

I heard that he is like Jon Gruden and Kiffin and he has land there. Also, his mother in law still lives there. I have a cousin who plays hockey for the Michigan State hockey team ( I am not kidding about that) He says he saw the U.T. plane at the Lansing Michigan airport yesterday and that they are drawing up a contract for Jones, in the event that their current coach is fired and Jones can take his place.

It is a done deal, so book it!!! Jones is gone, after this one season.

I'm trying to sort out which SEC school you're from. They're all scared now that Butch is cleaning their clocks for the 2014 recruiting class.

VN Store

Back