Yahoo claiming Bray and Couch (among others) took cash? (Merged)

I severely underestimated the amount of crazy in this thread. Kudos to the fine people that blew my preconceived notions out of the water

Understandable. At that point you quit football and get a job while finishing your degree to provide for your kids. Plenty of people do it. Football isn't everything but what kind of lessons are you teaching your kids if you take money from a scumbag agent and force your teammates (who turned down the same money) to vacate wins after all of the hard work they have put in. Still seems selfish to me.

Perhaps he still believes that there is a shot to play in the NFL. Perhaps he knows this crap goes on everywhere everyday. Fact is his family still needs to eat while he works toward his goals that could provide all that his family could ever need.
Hate the game not the player.

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe, but there is just too much dirt and fish in the air. It's all just too suspicious. I think we scared people...people with something to lose. Follow the money trail back, because the devil always leaves a money trail. That's my midlife experience talking.
Who in the hell would be scared of us right now? That's my midlife experience asking.

I really do understand the reasons behind this line of thought.

However there is also the father in me who would do whatever it took to take care of my family. Yes it was against the rules but I'm struggling to say I wouldn't do the exact same thing in his position

Yep, that's my line of thinking as well. Couch has a wife and child and bills. It may be a violation of NCAA rules, but what "legal" options does he have to earn money? If I'm honest with myself, I'm not sure I wouldn't take the money myself. Throw in circumstances like, being behind on rent, child needs medicine, etc... I'm not casting any stones.

and lose all those likes? Pshhhhhhhhhhh

If I needed likes I would change my name and follow the crowd like the rest of you. Fact is I had more likes and posts last year...they've been erased over time. Whatevers. I'm my own man...obviously.

oregon was my first thought, that's why I went to see if the guy that broke the story had connections with Oregon...and what do you know? It appears he's an Oregon grad. who now is involved with USC LAW program. He is also involved with politics and obviously is the kind of person you would look for in this instance. I used to an investigator...

There are others involved as well, Alabama connections.

Go ahead with your anti Tennessee wash now. I know. "nobody fears Tennessee, we suck"...blah, blah, blah. We are making noise. There was a very good chance of an upset this weekend and you know it.

Just stop it.

O.K., here's my working theory... no proof, it's purely speculation. This guy Rand Getlin goes to USC. He has connections. He's a well connected guy who makes some scratch. He is also an Oregon grad. So he puts some cash on the game. Makes some bets he should't have. bets the spread.

So now he's scared...he's not going to cover. he has connections with Kiffen and donates to USC. Maybe he has held back on a Kiffen story in the past and Kiffen owes him. See where this is going? He needs to increase the odds of covering his bets maybe? There are other people involved...obviously from BAMA. Kiffen says I know a guy you can talk to that will point you in the right direction...

Okay, you got me.
I honestly thought you were serious until I read this.
Good job, I loled.

I don't think those cases apply to Couch. If I am reading correctly those benefits were paid during recruiting. The Couch benefits were paid to him while he was actually playing at Tennessee. So if proven, any wins we have will vacated if I understand correctly.

You're right. It was during recruiting. My bad.

If I needed likes I would change my name and follow the crowd like the rest of you. Fact is I had more likes and posts last year...they've been erased over time. Whatevers. I'm my own man...obviously.

The Martians are abducting your likes and posts now?
Okay.

I have no problem with Tennessee paying as many dtackles as needed. I just wish we would pay more productive ones IMO JMO TIFWIW

I figure he has all his eggs in the football basket. Mo isn't an engineering major, he doesn't have a kush job lined up, and prolly needs all the academic help (tutoring) the football program gives him just to get by. I'm not saying he should have took the money, but taking out loans and just finishing up school isn't a very good option for him.

If we're having an ethics discussion, "expedient/convenient" is not the barometer of "right thing to do".

VN Store

Back