Your anger may not be a choice: brain formation clues point towards anger disposition

AshG

Easy target
"New neuroscience research sheds light on the relationship between anger and brain structure" New neuroscience research sheds light on the relationship between anger and brain structure

Kim and his colleagues used the large fMRI dataset to conduct a connectome-wide functional connectivity study, which allowed the researchers to uncover connectivity patterns associated with trait anger across the entire brain. They found that higher levels of trait anger were associated with hyperconnectivity between three brain regions (the left supplementary motor area, right supplementary motor area, and right lateral frontal pole) and the sensorimotor network.

“Our analyses highlighted a possible role for action-related brain regions in the expression of trait anger, patterns not previously detected in studies with fewer participants,” Kim told PsyPost. “Our findings suggest a novel interpretation of higher trait anger as possibly reflecting a greater propensity to provoked action. In other words, people who are more likely to experience frustration and anger exhibit altered connectivity patterns in certain action-related brain networks.”

How is this related to politics?

It provides greater understanding of the underlying trait structure of those who appear to be pissed off in every single post in here.

And I'm constantly reminded that science is inherently political any time I try to provide background on an issue.

"New neuroscience research sheds light on the relationship between anger and brain structure" New neuroscience research sheds light on the relationship between anger and brain structure

Kim and his colleagues used the large fMRI dataset to conduct a connectome-wide functional connectivity study, which allowed the researchers to uncover connectivity patterns associated with trait anger across the entire brain. They found that higher levels of trait anger were associated with hyperconnectivity between three brain regions (the left supplementary motor area, right supplementary motor area, and right lateral frontal pole) and the sensorimotor network.

“Our analyses highlighted a possible role for action-related brain regions in the expression of trait anger, patterns not previously detected in studies with fewer participants,” Kim told PsyPost. “Our findings suggest a novel interpretation of higher trait anger as possibly reflecting a greater propensity to provoked action. In other words, people who are more likely to experience frustration and anger exhibit altered connectivity patterns in certain action-related brain networks.”

We're gonna eventually discover there is a biological explanation for everything relating to human behavior.

I would love to see the study extended to identifying the correlation between the brain's proclivity to anger and party identification.

I would love to see the study extended to identifying the correlation between the brain's proclivity to anger and party identification.
Me too! I often wonder which political leaders provide angry inspiration to their constituents.....

Chuck-Schumer.png

1634320032446.jpeg
images

1634320287819.jpeg
1634320384577.jpeg
images

1634320493528.jpeg
1634320583271.jpeg

Reactions: luthervol
Those angry capitol rioters still make me livid. The peaceful protestors burning buildings and destroying their own communities inspired me to ponder on what is truly important in this life. Beer and football after long fervent prayer! The lord does in fact answer prayers.

Reactions: VolinWayne and NEO
Whatever you want to believe.
93% of Black Lives Matter Protests Have Been Peaceful, New Report Finds
Still, many people continue to believe that Black Lives Matter protests are largely violent—contrary to the report’s findings. ACLED highlights a recent Morning Consult poll in which 42% of respondents believe “most protesters (associated with the BLM movement) are trying to incite violence or destroy property.” (I'm guessing that 95% of that 42% are republicans) ACLED suggests this “disparity stems from political orientation and biased media framing… such as disproportionate coverage of violent demonstrations.”

Those angry capitol rioters still make me livid. The peaceful protestors burning buildings and destroying their own communities inspired me to ponder on what is truly important in this life. Beer and football after long fervent prayer! The lord does in fact answer prayers.
Only 99.4% remained peaceful. The 0.6% were human turds looking for a cover.

93% of Black Lives Matter Protests Have Been Peaceful, New Report Finds
Still, many people continue to believe that Black Lives Matter protests are largely violent—contrary to the report’s findings. ACLED highlights a recent Morning Consult poll in which 42% of respondents believe “most protesters (associated with the BLM movement) are trying to incite violence or destroy property.” (I'm guessing that 95% of that 42% are republicans) ACLED suggests this “disparity stems from political orientation and biased media framing… such as disproportionate coverage of violent demonstrations.”

So 7% were violent??? New York Times saying there were 4,700 BLM protests last year. Let's do the math. So only 329 violent protests!!! Awesome!!! If distrubted per state, that's only 7 per state! Not bad!!!

VN Store

Back