Your anger may not be a choice: brain formation clues point towards anger disposition

Saying that all or most BLM protests were violent riots is as idiotic as saying all or most people who get COVID die.

Believing either is a sure sign of stupidity.

Where did I say they were. They certainly caused more damage than any conservative protests? Hurtz huh?

Where did I say they were. They certainly caused more damage than any conservative protests? Hurtz huh?
I've just been defending my correct position that the vast majority of BLM protests were peaceful, and an even bigger majority of the protestors were peaceful.
If you are not one of the morons who took exception to my position, then my post wasn't targeting you.

Why do you find more comfort in wrongly believing that BLM protests were mostly violent?

An even better question.......Why was the right wing media so intent on portraying the BLM protests as violent riots?
Who said I find comfort in my beliefs?

I've just been defending my correct position that the vast majority of BLM protests were peaceful, and an even bigger majority of the protestors were peaceful.
If you are not one of the morons who took exception to my position, then my post wasn't targeting you.

Your point is irrelevant. The majority of AQ did not fly into the twin towers, but they certainly supported it.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Your point is irrelevant. The majority of AQ did not fly into the twin towers, but they certainly supported it.
So now you're moving to "even though the vast majority of protests and protestors were peaceful, they still supported the riots?"

So now you're moving to "even though the vast majority of protests and protestors were peaceful, they still supported the riots?"

The majority don’t have a problem with them. You’ll find that people that march for racist organizations aren’t very principled.

Why do you find more comfort in wrongly believing that BLM protests were mostly violent?

An even better question.......Why was the right wing media so intent on portraying the BLM protests as violent riots?

Because they were. It was the left wing media that claimed riots were “mostly peaceful” as the city burned in the background.

Because they were. It was the left wing media that claimed riots were “mostly peaceful” as the city burned in the background.
That is categorically false, and easily proven so.
Yet you choose to believe it.
I rest my case.

"New neuroscience research sheds light on the relationship between anger and brain structure" New neuroscience research sheds light on the relationship between anger and brain structure

Kim and his colleagues used the large fMRI dataset to conduct a connectome-wide functional connectivity study, which allowed the researchers to uncover connectivity patterns associated with trait anger across the entire brain. They found that higher levels of trait anger were associated with hyperconnectivity between three brain regions (the left supplementary motor area, right supplementary motor area, and right lateral frontal pole) and the sensorimotor network.

“Our analyses highlighted a possible role for action-related brain regions in the expression of trait anger, patterns not previously detected in studies with fewer participants,” Kim told PsyPost. “Our findings suggest a novel interpretation of higher trait anger as possibly reflecting a greater propensity to provoked action. In other words, people who are more likely to experience frustration and anger exhibit altered connectivity patterns in certain action-related brain networks.”

And you actually believe all of this.

93% of Black Lives Matter Protests Have Been Peaceful, New Report Finds
Still, many people continue to believe that Black Lives Matter protests are largely violent—contrary to the report’s findings. ACLED highlights a recent Morning Consult poll in which 42% of respondents believe “most protesters (associated with the BLM movement) are trying to incite violence or destroy property.” (I'm guessing that 95% of that 42% are republicans) ACLED suggests this “disparity stems from political orientation and biased media framing… such as disproportionate coverage of violent demonstrations.”

ACLED uses media coverage as means to analysis.

They are also not drilling down to specific events such as the summer riots but using year all events to get to 93 percent.

Specific riots were nearly 90 percent violent.

You're probably right. It just seems that there is so much anger in many on the right. Probably a result of my perspective.
There's anger everywhere right now.... No one feels we are on the right track. No one wants to admit it's been that way for decades. The last couple of years though have taken a great toll on the collective psyche in this country.

Reactions: LouderVol
The BLM protests were overwhelmingly peaceful. That's a fact. And that's a fact that the right tried to deny.
What percentage of republican protests turned violent? Can you also do that math?
1/1 = ????????????
By that train of thought your math on BLM protests breaks down. Apples to apples sir.

You're probably right. It just seems that there is so much anger in many on the right. Probably a result of my perspective.

It’s either that or perhaps you’re just intentionally suppressing any memories of watching the 2020 Summer of Love “peaceful protests”. 🤷‍♀️

It’s either that or perhaps you’re just intentionally suppressing any memories of watching the 2020 Summer of Love “peaceful protests”. 🤷‍♀️
I didn't see much of that on the news. I did go to a couple of protests and my kids went to numerous protests - all peaceful.
We may get our news from different sources.

I didn't see much of that on the news. I did go to a couple of protests and my kids went to numerous protests - all peaceful.
We may get our news from different sources.

Yea, I haven’t done MSM in years. I look for independent journalists in the mix on the ground streaming live video from the middle of it all. Harder to bias twist a live stream when you can hear and see everything in real time.

VN Store

Back