Your call: Worley or Peterman and why?

i get what you are all saying that he has been through the freshmen experiences and should be better from it...but i guess a part of it is i dont see worley as having a particularly high ceiling and i guess im more hoping for one of these freshman or peterman to be a prodigy and come in ready to go for 4 years

I believe that the AP game will go like this. Worley for the first half. Furgeson for the 3rd quarter and the 2 freshman in the 4th. That gives them all some experience. Also will help the coaches see each in real game experience. (As real as AP can give them.) This could change depending on fall camp performance. JMHO

I believe that the AP game will go like this. Worley for the first half. Furgeson for the 3rd quarter and the 2 freshman in the 4th. That gives them all some experience. Also will help the coaches see each in real game experience. (As real as AP can give them.) This could change depending on fall camp performance. JMHO

Furgeson is a freshman so I think you mean Peterman.

Hopefully, neither of the freshman's redshirts are blown just to get a little playing time in a game we should win by a very large amount regardless of the QB.

It's going to be Worley or Peterman, and I think Worley is the man for the job in the end. He has SEC experience, and he's physically built to play the QB position in this league. Not to mention, he ran a Spread offense coming out of high school, so this system shouldn't be very different for him. I've heard he's becoming more of a leader each and everyday, and I think he's going to surprise some of us this year to be honest. Dobbs and Ferguson are talented, but they look smaller than Beay coming out of high school. I think they need a year to beef up before they should see the field, jmo.

So Worley's in like Flint because of the gravitas his vast SEC experience gives him. Johnny football didn't care d-squat about SEC experience. All he did as a freshman was win the Heisman, while playing in the SEC.

Reactions: 1 person
I'd start Worley because I think he has better chemistry with wide receivers.

Worley is the only QB on the roster that understands the speed of the game. He is the only one that has played any college games. Even though Peterman has a year on the roster, he has not been exposed to the speed.

Worley also has much better chemistry, as you said, with the WR. Having a QB and WR trying to learn each other in live action leads to many, many mistakes.

Worley has the leadership ability over the other 3. its just like when Peyton ran on the field as a true freshman for the fist time, he couldn't lead. He started chattering to them in the huddle and was quickly told to shut the hell up and just call a play. So Worley's leadership and respect from team mates, crucial to this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
So Worley's in like Flint because of the gravitas his vast SEC experience gives him. Johnny football didn't care d-squat about SEC experience. All he did as a freshman was win the Heisman, while playing in the SEC.
Redshirt freshman. It was his second year in the program.

Here we go, fans trying to make decisions on who the starting QB will be at UT.....what a dumb post....let coach Jones do his job and coach, please.

Furgeson is a freshman so I think you mean Peterman.

Hopefully, neither of the freshman's redshirts are blown just to get a little playing time in a game we should win by a very large amount regardless of the QB.

Yes I agree. Getting my NFL Preseason mixed up with playing such lowly competition. Lol :crazy:

Worley is the only QB on the roster than understands the speed of the game. He is the only one that has played any college games. Even though Peterman has a year on the roster, he has not been exposed to the speed.

Worley also has much better chemistry, as you said, with the WR. Having a QB and WR trying to learn each other in live action leads to many, many mistakes.

Worley has the leadership ability over the other 3. its just like when Peyton ran on the field as a true freshman for the fist time, he couldn't lead. He started chattering to them in the huddle and was quickly told to shut the hell up and just call a play. So Worley's leadership and respect from team mates, crucial to this season.

Good post. I think Jim Chaney is clearly one of the best QB coaches in the nation. Time in the film room, practice, reading defenses, checking down to runs, etc. these are clear cut advantages Worley has on the freshman. I remember Bray checking down to run plays only to run his poor RB straight into the teeth of a blitz. Worley seems to have a better head on his shoulders, not quite as physically gifted but smart. Again, I don't see Worley throwing for 350-400 like Bray....even if Chaney were still the OC. I could see him being a 17/24 225yd 2td 1int type of guy, but having a much much better grasp on what's going on in regard to reading the D, etc. Hard for me to think that these freshman are gonna be on par in these various aspects of the game. This is real life, not NCAA 14' video game.

Last edited:
Worley will deliver the ball where it needs to be, if the O-line protects him, and the receivers run the right routes, our passing attack lead by Worley will be just fine.

I don't expect Ferguson or Dobbs to see the field in the AP game. Peterman will get reps in first two games so he can be prepared in the event Worley were to go down later on. As long as Worley is healthy, expect him to be the QB to games end except for AP WKY and SA.. Peterman will be in for experience and I believe they try to redshirt the two newbies

Redshirt freshman. It was his second year in the program.

Nevertheless, last year was his first game experience in a real SEC game. The point is; is that talent will win UTs starting QB position and nothing else. Coach Jones is looking for the cream that will rise to the top. One of the incoming freshman QBs has more raw talent than the other three vying for the job, this includes passing and running. When the Navy Seals came and worked with the team, this freshman was the one they noted out of the entire squad, as having the fastest problem solving skills. The Seals never won a game for UT; I understand. But there is little doubt who they would want on their team. Dobbs will be UTs quarterback.

Nevertheless, last year was his first game experience in a real SEC game. The point is; is that talent will win UTs starting QB position and nothing else. Coach Jones is looking for the cream that will rise to the top. One of the incoming freshman QBs has more raw talent than the other three vying for the job, this includes passing and running. When the Navy Seals came and worked with the team, this freshman was the one they noted out of the entire squad, as having the fastest problem solving skills. The Seals never won a game for UT; I understand. But there is little doubt who they would want on their team. Dobbs will be UTs quarterback.
I hope your right...lets get the best guy in, regardless if he's s freshman... I'd rather get the wrinkles out this year....Dobbs is who I'm hoping too.

Good post. I think Jim Chaney is clearly one of the best QB coaches in the nation. Time in the film room, practice, reading defenses, checking down to runs, etc. these are clear cut advantages Worley has on the freshman. I remember Bray checking down to run plays only to run his poor RB straight into the teeth of a blitz. Worley seems to have a better head on his shoulders, not quite as physically gifted but smart. Again, I don't see Worley throwing for 350-400 like Bray....even if Chaney were still the OC. I could see him being a 17/24 225yd 2td 1int type of guy, but having a much much better grasp on what's going on in regard to reading the D, etc. Hard for me to think that these freshman are gonna be on par in these various aspects of the game. This is real life, not NCAA 14' video game.

NCAA has Worley ranked a 75 overall probably lol. They botched those rankings so bad

Worley is the only QB on the roster that understands the speed of the game. He is the only one that has played any college games. Even though Peterman has a year on the roster, he has not been exposed to the speed.

Bubba Miller?

I don't understand all the Dobbs hype. Let's go back in time eh? Dooley gets fired and there is already uncertainty around who's transfering, who's going pro, etc.

Before Bray announced, TN was going to have a senior, junior, and 2 freshmen (Redshirt and true) right?

Do you think TN was gonna get Dobbs then? Or considering? When Bray left, that left TN with a junior and 2 freshmen. Also, the staff needed evaluate the players and the players probably wanted to see if they were going to want to transfer or not. So the staff had to basically get another guy... a freshmen would be great because you have the luxury of redshirting if needed.

I think the major battle is actually between Ferguson and Dobbs. Who's going to be 3rd?

VN Store

Back