Your Memphis Grizzlies Basketball Thread III

We got some 2nd rounds to package and trade up for what would be a late 1st round, early 2nd pick anyway?

Ehh, his projections are all over. ESPN has him going at 15. Zach Edey, Kel'el Ware, Pacers in 2024 NBA mock draft projections
According to ESPN's Jonathan Givony, "Edey has quite a few fans around the NBA at this point, and there are plenty of executives who say they have him ranked as a lottery pick, or even as a top-10 prospect because of how well he rates in their analytics models."

New to me but not new. I just saw that he lead the league in 3 pt shooting (46%!) and signed a nice extension.

I've never seen anything as unanimous as the blasting of the Grayson trade in 2021. Here are a few snippets..

Why did you guys trade Allen

I hate these guys

That trade makes ZERO sense

When did we rehire Chris Wallace?

Unless they are trying to get the team to Seattle...

True, but they get the value for taking on bad contracts. The Grizzlies got pennies on the dollar.

Pons will be in Southaven with our Top 10 pick, our other first round pick, and the guy we acquired for a double digit scorer that shoots 40% from 3

Reactions: TBrown
The Celtics gave up Marcus Smart (and his contract), Robert Williams, two net first round picks, a bunch of bad contracts and got back Derrick White, Porzingis, and Jrue.

The Grizzlies took on 72 million in bad contracts, gave up Jonas, Melton and used 4 first round picks to draft Ziaire, Roddy, and Jake...

Memphis players missed a league-high 561 games to injury or illness last season -- 185 more than the next-highest team.

Ja
Bane
Smart
JJJ
Adams
Clarke
GG
#9 pick

I wouldn't sell low on Smart and I would move Kennard if you can. There are a few teams (Orlando, Detroit) dying for shooting and you can probably get a couple early 2nd rd picks for him. You guys should be fun.

Ja
Bane
Smart
JJJ
Adams
Clarke
GG
#9 pick

I wouldn't sell low on Smart and I would move Kennard if you can. There are a few teams (Orlando, Detroit) dying for shooting and you can probably get a couple early 2nd rd picks for him. You guys should be fun.
Kennard and a couple picks to move up and get Clingan

I want to do anything but pick at 9

Trade up trade the pick don’t care

Just don’t stand pat and take a bum

I think there are plenty of good prospects in the middle of this draft. The problem is there are no guys that you would expect to see drafted 1-5, but if you pretend like that's where the draft starts, it's a pretty normal draft. You don't have a 9th pick. It's more like you have a 14th pick, and it's pretty reasonable to expect to find a rotation guy with a 14th pick. If nothing else, there are a couple bona fide shooters with size here.

That being said, I get why you wouldn't trust your team to draft the right guy.

I want to do anything but pick at 9

Trade up trade the pick don’t care

Just don’t stand pat and take a bum

What if that bum available at 9 is Knecht?

At this point, he probably won’t be.

And I agree. The Grizz need to trade it. Preferably package it away for a vet rotational piece.

VN Store

Back