Culinary, Arts, Thread.

We make spinach Maria for Christmas, and my son especially loves it.

The first Christmas at my married daughter’s home, she made the spinach with tablespoons instead of teaspoons of the red pepper flakes. We did our best, but my son was the only one who could eat it. He’s still mildly pizzed that she won’t make it that way again. View attachment 200352View attachment 200353

Did she loosely follow Calhoun’s recipe?

how-to-eat-mayonnaise-step-1-throw-it-in-the-trash.jpg

And don’t allow it in your house.

Reactions: volfanbill
In fact, in all seriousness, which is frowned upon in the Zone, if you really don’t know about the versatility of mayonnaise, maybe you shouldn’t post about mayonnaise. Im sorry, I’ve tried playing nice, but there is just too much total ignorance posted about mayonnaise all over VN.

One can use it in their recipes for their loved ones and others, and use it correctly, doesn’t mean we have to like it. Called being able to cook, dang good. Lol.

Reactions: volwindy
We don't eat bald eagles in America
We don't put mayonnaise in our iced tea
We still serve our eggs any way you like 'em
We like living right and bein' free

Reactions: hmanvolfan
Y'all ain't rite.

@Souce
I like mayo. It's the most versatile condiment, IMO.

This reminds me...the Japanese have grown very fond of mayo. They add it on sushi and into several other dishes. I've always admired the Japanese (post WWII). They're a very smart, respectful, and peaceful people. They also love a nice bowl of chilled shrimp smothered in mayo.

She followed the recipes online that are supposedly from Calhoun’s. As for “loosely”, she was very faithful to the published version, other than the tablespoon thing. View attachment 200367

We do seem to be backing off from the amount of cheese though. It’s sort of... overwhelming.

The reason I asked, love the Calhoun’s recipe, and I follow it to the letter. Tablespoon, teaspoon? What’s the difference? Lol.

Mayo is Mayo lolz regardless if it’s on a sandwich or mixed in deviled eggs or other recipes that call for mayo.

Mayo is still...Mayo regardless if it’s by itself or in tater salad.

P.s. I don’t like tater salad.
I don’t know anyone who would eat a spoonful of Mayo. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:

VN Store

Back