Jimmy Cheek stepping down!

Not all radical Muslims are terrorists but they could be. Not all frat boys are drunks, but they can be. Unless Greek life has changed since the early 80's, they contribute nothing to campus life for a majority of students.

So you're comparing your knowledge of an organization(s) to how something was over 36 years ago? You're probably one of those people that think Animal House and Old School are completely accurate portrayals of the majority of fraternities.

Reactions: 1 person
So you're comparing your knowledge of an organization(s) to how something was over 36 years ago? You're probably one of those people that think Animal House and Old School are completely accurate portrayals of the majority of fraternities.

You act as if I didn't go to UT for 4 years and actually witness the morons first hand. And no, I don't thank Animal House for anything. Never watched Old School. Get the impression it is as moronic as frats are.

Reactions: 2 people
Not all radical Muslims are terrorists but they could be. Not all frat boys are drunks, but they can be. Unless Greek life has changed since the early 80's, they contribute nothing to campus life for a majority of students.

Was never purported or designed to. They are, amongst other things, by invitation only for a limited, chosen few....

Reactions: 3 people
You act as if I didn't go to UT for 4 years and actually witness the morons first hand. And no, I don't thank Animal House for anything. Never watched Old School. Get the impression it is as moronic as frats are.

Well I wouldn't exactly describe you as the epitome of class or as having a kind nature seeing as you are going out of your way to generalize an entire group of students based off of a few instances of poor decision making. I won't even go on to describe the good that a lot of Greek organizations contribute because I doubt you would care in the slightest.

Reactions: 5 people

That's a mighty broad brush you're stroking there, 82. I pledged a fraternity as a freshman, got initiated, and enjoyed every aspect of my membership, including the social events. However, my brothers and I did several things to aid the Knoxville community and the less fortunate. I made some life-long friends and, through my association, got help in growing into responsable manhood.

Reactions: 8 people
I'm amazed no one on Facebook has been given us the death penalty yet . I could of swore the haters would

I don't recall going to college to contribute anything to other students. Is that the current purpose of higher education? To contribute to others? When I was there, I think most students were either trying to learn a profession or obtain a credential that would gain them entry into a class of employment that they aspired to.

Reactions: 4 people
That's a mighty broad brush you're stroking there, 82. I pledged a fraternity as a freshman, got initiated, and enjoyed every aspect of my membership, including the social events. However, my brothers and I did several things to aid the Knoxville community and the less fortunate. I made some life-long friends and, through my association, got help in growing into responsable manhood.

Just like a non-terrorist who buys an AR15, you've helped prop up a tool of oppression. And you don't demonstrate the appropriate level of guilt for the harm that your Greek-privilege wrought on others, even if you did make some vague allusion to community service. I won't even delve into the misogynistic overtones that your reference to "responsible manhood" conjures.

Reactions: 1 person
He tried to bring UT in top 25 public universities. I don't think it was his job to think about athletics. That's Dave Hart's job.

He made a few mistakes down the line, but he definitely contributed in retaining good staff and bringing in research money which is essential to provide good education!

"Tried" key word here. UT actually slipped in the rankings and with cuts in diversity funding - will likely see an even bigger slide this year.

"Tried" key word here. UT actually slipped in the rankings and with cuts in diversity funding - will likely see an even bigger slide this year.
Just hunch, but I'd guess that the people who won't attend due to limited diversity funding are probably not helping with the academic rankings. Of course, you're probably referring to some ginned-up BS press ranking where you get extra points for having the most Albanian lesbians.

Reactions: 4 people
Just like a non-terrorist who buys an AR15, you've helped prop up a tool of oppression. And you don't demonstrate the appropriate level of guilt for the harm that your Greek-privilege wrought on others, even if you did make some vague allusion to community service. I won't even delve into the misogynistic overtones that your reference to "responsible manhood" conjures.

You just got nominated for JERK-OFF post of the year, dude. Have you sought medical help for your issues? Better yet, just go back to sleep.... you are a menace to yourself, dip.

Oh man you're so right. There's no possible explanation for why someone would join a fraternity other than to purchase friends because they are too lonely and sad to meet people. What a bunch of losers. Really they are just a waste of space.

Sounds like you're describing yourself. Pathetic.

Sounds like you're describing yourself. Pathetic.

You're right. Now I'm going to go funnel a beer while doing drugs off a sorority girl's boobs and yell frat until I pass out. God I just hate how I conform to every single stereotype seen in the entertainment industry.

You're right. Now I'm going to go funnel a beer while doing drugs off a sorority girl's boobs and yell frat until I pass out. God I just hate how I conform to every single stereotype seen in the entertainment industry.

I am not going to allow you to bad mouth the United States of America.. Gentleman

Reactions: 2 people
:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::baloon::baloon::baloon::bed_time::bed_time::bed_time::mf_surrender::mf_surrender::mf_surrender::dance2::dance2::dance2::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::rtfm::rtfm::rtfm::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::toast::toast::toast::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::beerf::beerf::beerf::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::givemebeer::givemebeer::givemebeer::baloon::baloon::baloon::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

VN Store

Back