4* Shanon Reid FL OLB commits to UT

Everyone is saying 4* even from the site that has him 3*.

I hate recruiting stuff. One site says he's a low low 3 star and another says 4. I didn't see him in the ESPN 300 or Rivals 250 so I thought he must have been injured his senior year the way people were booming. I mean didn't we let go of a 3* to pick up another 3* or did I miss where this guy is a game changer?

I don't care what his stars are, 6-1 210 (we will get him bigger) and wants to be at UT and hang banners!! That's all I need to know!! Welcome to Big Orange country young man!

Reactions: 5 people
"Tennessee is getting a first team freshman All-American," Reid said. "I'm going to help them win championships in my first year. We are going show people that Alabama isn't the only place that sends people to the NFL."

Is this a real quote?

Attachments

• IMG_9372.JPG
    IMG_9372.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 615
Reactions: 9 people
I hate recruiting stuff. One site says he's a low low 3 star and another says 4. I didn't see him in the ESPN 300 or Rivals 250 so I thought he must have been injured his senior year the way people were booming. I mean didn't we let go of a 3* to pick up another 3* or did I miss where this guy is a game changer?

Put your stars aside . Look at his offers. What you will gather after you note multiple SEC offers , Michigan and FSU is that we got a solid prospect.

How about everybody quit arguing over whether he has an extra gold star next to his name or not. Offer lists are more accurate to go off of.

Maybe stay away from recruitment and concentrate on what you do best and rag on staff

Reactions: 11 people
Originally Posted by :
"They really stuck by me through the entire process," Reid said. "Even when things got crazy. They showed me love. Even when I didn't make it up for their camp they stayed on me to get me to campus for an official, and that's when I knew it was a great place. "They were there from the beginning and it felt like being a part of a family."

"All of the coaches really made an impact on me," Reid said. "I like coach (Tommy) Thigpen, coach (Larry) Scott and coach (Butch) Jones. They really worked me hard. They were always hitting me up. They are pushing my education. They told me it's second to none, and when I visited I saw that."

"I feel like I attack every play," Reid said. "I get to the football. I play sideline to sideline. I know I have to continue to improve the little things. I want to get bigger and stronger. Just the mental side helps set you a part as a player. That's where I want to improve day by day. "They want me at outside linebacker. They think I have a great chance to make an early impact."

And now it's on to Rocky Top next month where Reid will get a jump start on his football future and the college experience. He said he will be wearing No. 21 as he begins his Tennessee career. "I'm excited to get to Tennessee," Reid said. "It's going to be a whole new experience. It will be an adjustment to go from high school to college that fast. My time to shine is finally here and I can't wait."
Per Mr Swanson RC forum

Big time get for the good guys!

Reactions: 4 people
Ok, Dudley. Keep getting your cute little backhanded slaps in at the coaching staff, but it doesn't change the fact that coaches' evaluations of prospective student athletes are a big part of the process.
Cut em some slack, kindergarten just got out a little bit ago....they haven't had their cookies and milk yet !

Reactions: 3 people
Iowa State must be so disappointed. They were in the running for a good recruit and lost him.

I'm just assuming Iowa State can't recruit. Maybe I should check their page first. Lol

VN Store

Back