4* Shanon Reid FL OLB commits to UT

He is a 3 star on rivals, espn, 247, and scout.

3 stars can turn into great players, but I am just confused why the threads all say 4 star.

He's a 4* on 247. His composite score on 247 is a 3*, and I believe they determine that by calculating where he ranks on all the major recruiting sites.

Stars or not, I love this guy's attitude. If he comes in and puts in the work and effort then he will be a great player for us.

Reactions: 1 person
School Interest Offer Visit Recruited by
Tennessee
Committed
11/12/16

Arizona

Bowling Green

Central Michigan

Cincinnati

Clemson

Colorado

Florida Atlantic

Florida State

Indiana

Iowa State

LSU

Marshall

Miami (FL)

Michigan

Minnesota

Mississippi State

Missouri

North Carolina

North Carolina State

Purdue

South Alabama

Southern Miss

South Florida

West Virginia

Can anyone explain how this works?.... 16th in nation for LB but not a 5 star.

Each service, 24/7 rivals scout and espn, only give 32 players a 5 star rating. The composite is an average between the four services.

The reason they do this is those are the 32 players the services project to be first round draft picks in four years.

So the sixteenth best linebacker will usually be at best a four star player.

Edit: And since each service adjust star rankings as a season progresses, some four stars get a fifth, but an equal amount of five stars are downgraded.

That is why Jalen Hurd and Preston Williams were 5 star players when they committed to us, but since they were injured their senior years, they were 4 star players on signing day. But Kahlil MacKenzie managed to hang onto his. Shows how dominate he was while still living in Wisconsin.

Last edited:
School Interest Offer Visit Recruited by
Tennessee
Committed
11/12/16

Arizona

Bowling Green

Central Michigan

Cincinnati

Clemson

Colorado

Florida Atlantic

Florida State

Indiana

Iowa State

LSU

Marshall

Miami (FL)

Michigan

Minnesota

Mississippi State

Missouri

North Carolina

North Carolina State

Purdue

South Alabama

Southern Miss

South Florida

West Virginia

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/22754

Taken from the above site faderoute.

I like the confidence. However I must say I remember Kongbo posting workout with sign saying Bama We Coming!

I just hope Reid is best player that he can become.

Each service, 24/7 rivals scout and espn, only give 32 players a 5 star rating. The composite is an average between the four services.

The reason they do this is those are the 32 players the services project to be first round draft picks in four years.

So the sixteenth best linebacker will usually be at best a four star player.

Edit: And since each service adjust star rankings as a season progresses, some four stars get a fifth, but an equal amount of five stars are downgraded.

That is why Jalen Hurd and Preston Williams were 5 star players when they committed to us, but since they were injured their senior years, they were 4 star players on signing day. But Kahlil MacKenzie managed to hang onto his. Shows how dominate he was while still living in Wisconsin.

Thank you. I did not know 5 star related to projected 1st round NFL picks.

I hate recruiting stuff. One site says he's a low low 3 star and another says 4. I didn't see him in the ESPN 300 or Rivals 250 so I thought he must have been injured his senior year the way people were booming. I mean didn't we let go of a 3* to pick up another 3* or did I miss where this guy is a game changer?

Assigning the appropriate stars is a process.

That's two really good LB commits in this class...had two really good LBs sign last year. Sapp comes back from ACL and Kirkland will be healthy.

I hope Colton enjoyed his playing time and I love his heart but we should have SEC level talent at the starters and the second string next year.

I hope he's good. Seems to be some question about that since he was not offered by the florida schools and Iowa State was his second choice--that is atypical of a 4-star. And offer lists are always a little sketchy as, speaking generally, some schools offer and then back away; not all are seriously chasing the prospect. But as he is a Vol I must accord him the benefit of the doubt. We need linebackers, and so let's fill the cupboard at that position.

Reactions: 1 person
16th in the state, 38th in the nation as OLB

Shanon Reid

2017 Top LB

he's regarded as a four-star prospect by 247Sports, higher than anyone else in the industry.

he's regarded as a four-star prospect by 247Sports, higher than anyone else in the industry.
I think you have that backwards.

He's ranked as the nation's No. 16 outside linebacker and the No. 31 prospect in Florida in the 2017 class by 247Sports.

VN Store

Back