Bray tweets about the Mizzou game

That was the day I officially jumped off the Dooley train and thought he 100% had to go ASAP.....I was obviously somewhat blind prior to that day. He had every factor in his favor and pi$$ed it away for a chance to lose it in OT, which of course is exactly what he did.

Wow took you that long? So you not liking our current staff bodes well for them.

I'll donate $1000 to a charity of your choice if you can find where I said anything negative about Bray or any other player? Oh that's right

Sorry for beating you to the punch and stealing your thunder. I was honestly trying to help because I knew how busy you were in all of the other threads this morning.

Reactions: 2 people
Well he was 100% wrong

We won so he was dead ass wrong

Just because we won and DOMINATED them does not mean Jones and team were right. Don't you get it? He is NEVER right. LOL amazing. We have to have the dumbest fans in the world. Complaining after last night's game. Wow just wow

Reactions: 1 person
Bray had a big bet on the game..... With Chase Daniel, backup QB with KC and former Mizzou Tiger. He didn't want to lose it. Would have to wear Mizzou stuff in practice and sing Mizzou fight song.

Sorry for beating you to the punch and stealing your thunder. I was honestly trying to help because I knew how busy you were in all of the other threads this morning.
I made you a deal. Take it and be a hero. I'll send the $ to Freak to make the donation. You can't because once again you sir are wrong.

Well he was 100% wrong

We won so he was dead ass wrong

He absolutely was not wrong. He didn't say "this is why we're gonna lose or why we lost tonight"....he said "this is why we've struggled this year"....and he was correct.

I was very glad that the team went into Missouri and beat the Tigers, especially given how good their defense was and the Pinkel situation. It was a very good win.

But Bray's assessment of Tennessee struggling in the second halves of games all year long is spot on. It doesn't mean that either he or I hate the coach and the program....quite the contrary. It means that he sees (and I agree) shortcomings with how the team and staff approach their play in the second halves of games. The commentators mentioned it last night. The stats back it up, as do the two lost games to Oklahoma and Florida. It's your right now to acknowledge it, but it's right there for anyone to see.

Reactions: 4 people
It is really amazing to me how many former players stay either very interested, or connected to this program. It is even more amazing when a kid like Bray who played in a very difficult era of UT football remains enthusiastic about the program.

Credit to Bray. Go Vols!

I would like to see Bray start a NFL game just to watch him sling that ball around again

You guys claiming that Dooley was Bray's problem forget how he quit on his team. Never wanted to be the leader he should have been. I'm not defending Dooley cause he obviously was in over his head but Bray did nothing to try to right the ship. It seems as though he has finally matured.

His attitude cost us our streak over Kentucky . Dooley didn't choose not to be a good coach but Bray choose not to be a good player. That's worse in my opinion.

Bray was sick as a dog that day and should not even have played. KY loss was TOTALLY on Doolittle, he should have put in Sims

Reactions: 3 people
If your memory serves you at all,recall at Kentucky where you mailed it in.Be a VFL;but,don't ***** about some conservative play calling,we(this year's team),didn't Quit.

Reactions: 3 people
Bray had a big bet on the game..... With Chase Daniel, backup QB with KC and former Mizzou Tiger. He didn't want to lose it. Would have to wear Mizzou stuff in practice and sing Mizzou fight song.

His sudden interest in the program driven by his gambling addiction? Dast you say? :eek:hmy:

Pretty cool of him, IMO. I agree with him 100% on the first tweet, and I honestly didn't think he cared that much about the program. I figured the Dooley era left a bad enough taste in his mouth that he could care less how the Vols do.

True however there was no way Misswho was coming back and CBJ didn't want to beat them to bad since it is GP's last home game and has cancer.

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

Those are great tweets. Bray could be a bit of a head case at times, but I always felt kind of bad for him. I know those Dooley losses really bothered me, it must have been much worse for the team.

Living in KC I guess he appreciates this one as much as anyone after the last 3 years.

Remember the first time we played them in 2012 that Doofus would not attempt a play in regulation, went to OT and lost it. :banghead2: I know Bray was frustrated about that.

The only good thing about it is that I think the Mizzou game is what finished Dooley, regardless of when he was fired.

AMEN,
With Dooley having Bray's Arm and the receivers on that team, and time enough to possibly get a field Goal. How could he not even try. I referred to him as "ARA" Dooley after that game.

His attitude cost us our streak over Kentucky . Dooley didn't choose not to be a good coach but Bray choose not to be a good player. That's worse in my opinion.

I see your point, but Dooley did choose to be a d*ck to literally everyone. And if Bray's attitude was that much of a problem, he sure as hell could have chosen to sit his ass on the bench.

Why it is considered playing timid when a team continues to do what was successful and worked really well in the first half? If the Vols had come out and abandoned what worked in the first half half and went 3 and out, folks would be complaining about that.

It's the "slow" ones that think that way.

He was a young and dumb college kid. He did some dumb stuff but wouldn't it be safe to say that Butch has a stronger grasp on the kids and Dooley just let them run wild because he frankly didn't care? Do you think if Butch coached Bray he would have been more behaved or the same? I'm not challenging you, just interested in your opinion.
He wouldn't have played. He would have quit like rocket arm did last season.

People aren't saying that just because of numbers. He had easily the most arm talent of any QB we've had post-Peyton

But without the mental part of being a QB, he's just a good arm...got him huge numbers against easy teams and got him destroyed against average to good opponents...

It's not a real tweet from Bray unless it includes beer bottle toss, drunk on SeaDoo, getting payola from a deli in Turdscalosa or throwing an int late in the fourth quarter with a chance to win or tie!

VN Store

Back