CBS says UGA loss should end it

If we lose to Georgia, I think the axe should fall the Sunday or Monday after the Third Saturday beatdown. I’m all on board for sooner, though.

Wishing, won't make it happen, 1st year Athletic director won't pull the trigger this year....it would take a 3-9 finish for Jones to be let go this year, unfortunately

If there is an interim, I hope we are smart enough not to consider removing the interim tag if we beat some of the dreck at the end of the season.

Reactions: 1 person
my big thing is the contingency plan. I just hope that we don't screw ourselves if/when we make a change. That might be asking a lot though...

Given our track record it's a certainty. We'd be lucky to get a coach from a major conference. Maybe the coach from Syracuse. Or Iowa state

The only way CBJ is fired during the season is a collapse of Titanic proportions like 3-5 headed into the final 4 games and even that is not a given. The UT administration if it is forced to replace Jones will try to limit the buyout as much possible meaning he will finish the season.

If they can him on the bi-week, they could at least salvage the season I think. The team is talented enough to go 8-4, even with the start so far. Dropping the Alabama and LSU game would put us there and could salvage a decent bowl game.

We wouldn't even need some lights out coach to go 8-4. Hell, if we just had a great highschool coach who could call time outs properly and run on the 1 yard line, that would go a longggggg way.

you should never fire a coach mid season period unless for a very legit reason ie. arrested, sexual assault, drug addict etc.

The loss to GA and Bama is a given.
The loss to KY "will do it" :thud:

You all must be watching a different Georgia team than I am. The one I have seen is as inconsistent as we are. At home we certainly can handle them. Maybe we will, maybe not, we'll see Saturday. I think we've also seen that KY is still KY, they will make our boneheaded plays look like genius by comparison. At least when we blew the game to FL, we had a man in the vicinity, he didn't run off the field.

If there is an interim, I hope we are smart enough not to consider removing the interim tag if we beat some of the dreck at the end of the season.

Unless he resigns, or the wheels come completely off, Jones finishes the season. He could be "gone" as soon as after an 0-3 run against UGA, USCe, and Bama, but I think Currie plays it smart and lets the season play out regardless. What we saw from Currie in the presser was "AD speak". Of course he's going to support CBJ publicly. In private, I doubt if he's returning Sexton's calls.

I still say the over/under for this team is 6.5 wins. As to whether or not CBJ gets another year, I have no idea. I don't fly at that altitude. What I do believe, firmly, is that CBJ's time at UT is running out. The only question is how much sand is in the hourglass.....

Go Vols.

The only way CBJ is fired during the season is a collapse of Titanic proportions like 3-5 headed into the final 4 games and even that is not a given. The UT administration if it is forced to replace Jones will try to limit the buyout as much possible meaning he will finish the season.

Whether he’s fired now or end of season as far as buyout doesn’t matter. That doesn’t roll over until March

Hoke will not be given any power 5 HC job right now......not even here.

If we lose to Georgia, I think the axe should fall the Sunday or Monday after the Third Saturday beatdown. I’m all on board for sooner, though.

You are an idiot if you think that losing to the #7 team in the country makes you a candidate for firing.

If morons like you ran the program we would never have a coach.

Reactions: 3 people
I would be shocked if a change is made after a loss to UGA (assuming we do lose). I don't foresee a change being made mid-season unless we lose the next 4. A loss in Lexington and an 0-5 league start would be the last straw.

Oregon received 3 years of probation, reduction of scholarships, but no bowl ban. Kelly received an 18-month show-cause penalty,

Oregon got 2 scholarships taken away for 2 years.

Because a scouting service (which most all teams use....just not that one any more), gave one recruit room and board and spending money (less than $200) on an evaluation visit to the service.

Should Chip and Oregon have been more careful of the people/services they used......sure.

10-3
12-1
12-2
12-1

O averaged 45+
D gave up 20-22
2 Pac titles
1 North titles.....and one more Pac title
A championship game
developed talent to a high level
2010 & 2012 coach of the year

With what we have seen from the East over the past several years, to me it looks like Chips Offense could most likely be dominate.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back