How long before we win SEC CHAMPIONSHIP????

Our roster is better than their roster is right now. It will be for the next year or two at least. But Butch's window is closing. If he can't deliver, the recruiting will fall off too if no change is made.

Tennessee can absolutely hire coaches who can consistently compete with Florida and Alabama and win our fair share of games against them. If Butch isn't one of them, we owe it to ourselves to find someone who can.

Our roster is better? We've had 2 top ten classes the past 5 years. How many top ten classes has UF had the past 5 years?

He does. I just see how much our team has grown as this year has progressed and how much we've grown over the past 3 years. This team is much different than they were and I have a tremendous amount of confidence in them going into next season.

So, the defending SEC east champs won't come in with confidence? You are the best. Only Tennessee can get better. Only Tennessee recruits. This team has "grown" against the scrubs of the schedule. Let's hold off on the crowning until they beat someone worth bragging about.

Reactions: 5 people
Our roster is better? We've had 2 top ten classes the past 5 years. How many top ten classes has UF had the past 5 years?

Would you trade our roster right now for Florida's? I wouldn't, and the only one here who might is the Gator fan.

If the roster was worth a ****, do you think Florida would need a last minute field goal against Vandy or overtime vs. Florida Atlantic.

Reactions: 4 people
So, the defending SEC east champs won't come in with confidence? You are the best. Only Tennessee can get better. Only Tennessee recruits. This team has "grown" against the scrubs of the schedule. Let's hold off on the crowning until they beat someone worth bragging about.

Where did I say anything about UF and confidence? Where did I say that ONLY Tennessee will get better? Come on you're better than that.

If the roster was worth a ****, do you think Florida would need a last minute field goal against Vandy or overtime vs. Florida Atlantic.

So if UT plays a game close against inferior teams it's coaching. If UF does its talent?
What's happened to all the top ten classes y'all have had the past 5 years? Hell, even longer than that.

So if UT plays a game close against inferior teams it's coaching. If UF does its talent?
What's happened to all the top ten classes y'all have had the past 5 years? Hell, even longer than that.

A lot of them were transfers/busts. There are a few position groups that are an absolute joke. There are other position groups that are solid, but not at the level Florida is used to.

And anyone who has seen me post all year knows I have been consistent about this.

Reactions: 2 people
1. Florida should always be difficult to beat. Not because of any streak, or any curse, but because they are one of the power schools of the East. Alongside Georgia, and of course us.

2. Florida's overall team talent is actually going to dip over the next two years, then I'm confident McElwain will have it rising again. Note, I'm not talking about dipping to Vandy levels, just a moderate dropoff as the best parts of the highly ranked 2012 and 2013 signing classes depart for the NFL. The freshmen and sophomores rising up to backfill them are, as a class, not the same collective talent level. So 99 is actually a bit wrong; it'll get a little rougher for them before it gets better again.

3. Never count Georgia out, either. Mark Richt can always find a way not to win the big one, but he can also always find a way to win some of the tough ones on his way to goofing it up overall.

From this point, every year is a potential championship year for the Vols. Unfortunately, FL and GA can say the same.

Go Vols!

1. Florida should always be difficult to beat. Not because of any streak, or any curse, but because they are one of the power schools of the East. Alongside Georgia, and of course us.

2. Florida's overall team talent is actually going to dip over the next two years, then I'm confident McElwain will have it rising again. Note, I'm not talking about dipping to Vandy levels, just a moderate dropoff as the best parts of the highly ranked 2012 and 2013 signing classes depart for the NFL. The freshmen and sophomores rising up to backfill them are, as a class, not the same collective talent level. So 99 is actually a bit wrong; it'll get a little rougher for them before it gets better again.

3. Never count Georgia out, either. Mark Richt can always find a way not to win the big one, but he can also always find a way to win some of the tough ones on his way to goofing it up overall.

From this point, every year is a potential championship year for the Vols. Unfortunately, FL and GA can say the same.

Go Vols!

Accurate posts are accurate. Good post sir

Go Vols!

As a roster, the problem the next couple of years will be youth.

Having said that, I take the 2016 roster over the 2015 roster right now and the ink hasn't hit the paper let alone dried on the 2016 signing class.

If you want to disagree with that, cool, but I know what they have and I have a pretty good idea of what they are bringing in.

Reactions: 3 people
As a roster, the problem the next couple of years will be youth.

Having said that, I take the 2016 roster over the 2015 roster right now and the ink hasn't hit the paper let alone dried on the 2016 signing class.

If you want to disagree with that, cool, but I know what they have and I have a pretty good idea of what they are bringing in.

We've learned on this site from some brilliant posters that youth is not an excuse. And injuries to key players aren't either. Wait maybe that's only with UT?!? My bad gator, carry on.

We frequently talk about having squandered opportunities. Most recently, for instance, we squandered the chance this year to take the East, Florida having a new coach, no OLine, no QB, etc.

But it's sometimes fun to look at things from the other teams' perspectives. Here's an interesting one:

Florida and Georgia sort of squandered the Vols' Dark Ages. Seven years they had us down in the dumps, completely out of contention, and each only came away with two trips to Atlanta (neither of them could get a win there, either). Gave away three of those precious years to USCe and Mizzou.

That's gotta be frustrating for them.

Like I said, just interesting to once in a while look at things from your rivals' perspectives.

We frequently talk about having squandered opportunities. Most recently, for instance, we squandered the chance this year to take the East, Florida having a new coach, no OLine, no QB, etc.

But it's sometimes fun to look at things from the other teams' perspectives. Here's an interesting one:

Florida and Georgia sort of squandered the Vols' Dark Ages. Seven years they had us down in the dumps, completely out of contention, and each only came away with two trips to Atlanta (neither of them could get a win there, either). Gave away three of those precious years to USCe and Mizzou.

Like I said, just interesting to once in a while look at things from your rivals' perspectives.

Very good point. The great news is we're coming out of those dark ages.

Reactions: 1 person
2016 UT will be in the SEC Championship game. I'd say with a 10-2 record. Nice to see the overall improvement bUTch has been making.

we might get 2 by 2020. if not bye bye butch. though i would prefer him gone before then as in after 2017 if we don't have one by then. but we will go back to the dooley days if we get rid of him before then. so let's just enjoy the bowls and take it for what it is.

From our perspective, it's like saying Kentucky being in the dark ages was a missed opportunity.

Reactions: 1 person
Guarantano starting (even as freshman) could be the one plus because we should finally again have a QB who can acurately pass the ball and therefore make use of talented receivers (which will help recruite more of them). However I do agree about everyone else being huge losses. Because of that the year Butch needs to win big (meaning at least SEC east) is next year. Hopefully Dobbs can improve some as well although I think by the end of junior years players are more or less developed/defined in terms of style and can't change all the much.

Maybe positional players but not QBs. Remember Dobbs is a TRUE junior. Most QBs redshirt. Dobbs should be compared to RS sophomores more than RS junior QBs. Just look back at the RS sophomore season's of Dak Prescott and Brandon Allen. They're the two best QBs in the SEC this year and Dobbs is ahead of where they were at the same stage.

It would be moronic to think this is as good as Dobbs can be.

Has Jones beaten Florida?

Doesn't it make sense that if it's difficult now, it may be even more difficult when Florida has a quality roster

LOL. Why are you acting like Florida doesn't have talent right now? According to the recruiting rankings the last 4 years, you have the 9th most talented roster. And even with our great recruiting classes the last 2 years we're still only in the 12-15 range.

You guys have always had talent. Like LSU it was bad QB play that hurt yall. You can have all the talent in the world but if you don't have a QB you'll continue to be underachievers.

A lot of them were transfers/busts. There are a few position groups that are an absolute joke. There are other position groups that are solid, but not at the level Florida is used to.

And anyone who has seen me post all year knows I have been consistent about this.

And let me guess other teams top recruits don't transfer or bust?

Florida has an NFL caliber defense. Mel Kiper said your top 5 nickel DBs are 1st or 2nd round picks. Bullard is a 1st rounder. Caleb Brantley should follow him next year. Morrison is an nfl player so is Davis.

So please stop complaining about talent. Your offense is garbage in terms of talent outside of Callaway and Taylor. But defensively, Florida has more NFL caliber prospects than everyone in the country. Maybe even Alabama.

VN Store

Back