Jalen Hurts @Peyton's Camp

My son attended the camp & said he wasn't a very friendly person, said he was cocky.

Dobb's could not throw accurately ( he was drafted and signed a NFL contract.....we will see - and never appeared cocky) - this guy CAN NOT throw accurately - he had Bama's self proclaimed best defense ever to fall back on - as well as top flight receivers , not to mention a two deep 5 star offensive line of 23 year old men and stable of talented running backs -
Clemson exposed this, they scored at will (again) versus his defense - His lack of passing ability and accuracy was exposed against Clemson - hope he maintains the starting spot at QB - if they fall behind in a tight game - all bets are off in my opinion - if he is cocky at Manning's camp - he has yet, another thing or TWO coming.

Hurts looks like he's put on at least 15 lbs of muscle. Impressive.

Yeah, some of it may be muscle, but some of it looks like fat. He might just be out of shape because it's the off season, but he looks like he has a little beer gut, to me.

And his face looks fatter.

The last time Bama put a significant QB in the NFL was who? They've had bunch of guys go and be clip board holders but I think you have to go back as far as Stabler and Namath to find a significant impact QB from Bama in the NFL. No Richard Todd doesn't count.

Outside of Manning, couldn't you say the same about UT?

Reactions: 2 people
My son talked with Payton for about 20 minutes & one thing he ask him was why there wasn't any TN QB's there, his response was Butch didn't know which one to send so he didn't send one.

Interesting. On SportsTalk yesterday when Jimmy was discussing this he stated that Butch said neither QB went because they wanted to stay on campus to work out with their teammates.

Interesting. On SportsTalk yesterday when Jimmy was discussing this he stated that Butch said neither QB went because they wanted to stay on campus to work out with their teammates.

Is it possible that they know Peyton will be available to them in a more personal environment and benefit more than at his camp?

Honest question.

Is it possible that they know Peyton will be available to them in a more personal environment and benefit more than at his camp?

Honest question.

Very possible. Plus, I'm sure the counselors(which I'm sure Hurts is one) don't really get coaching from Peyton, other than a little advice here and there.

What Manning said is consistent with Jalen's stats and what Bama fans could see for themselves during the spring. His added weight is all weight room and our strength coach has to run him out of there. The long ball was spot on during the A-game and Manning and others have spoken about that part of his improvement at length.

This is the SEC offensive player of the year as a true freshman and it's obvious from all accounts that he's coming back as a stronger, more fundamentally sound QB in only his second campaign.

Reactions: 1 person
Outside of Manning is a pretty big mountain to try to hurdle is it not?

LOL

No. The hurdle isn't anyone better than Manning but another UT QB that has done anything in the NFL.

Yeah, some of it may be muscle, but some of it looks like fat. He might just be out of shape because it's the off season, but he looks like he has a little beer gut, to me.

And his face looks fatter.

Huh?

The dude is ripped.

Whatever Hurts strengths/weaknesses are, UA won every game until the last one with a Tr Frosh QB. They schemed to his strengths - which I admire from any coach, at any level, in any sport.

I don't appreciate "the system" coaches as much I as do those that can get the best out of their players - no matter their skill set.

How much do these camps really benefit college players that attend them in terms of learning? I thought their role was helping teach the actual campers who are 8-12 grade students.

Sounds like they are both focused on the coming season and Jones did not want to tell one of them they had to go to the camp.

It would surprise me.

A lot of Bammers seem to think (want?) Tua to take over, and it is purely because they lost the title game last year. Lotta Bammers put that loss on Hurts. Hilarious.

Our fans are the same way if you think about it. People want to make statements like Peyton never beat Florida and Dobbs never beat Alabama. Equally hilarious and ridiculous.

Outside of Manning, couldn't you say the same about UT?

You got me thinking.

After Manning, who would be the best NFL QB that either Bama or UT has produced in the past 35-40 years? I honestly can't make a case for anyone better than AJ McCarron, and he's only started 4 games.

You got me thinking.

After Manning, who would be the best NFL QB that either Bama or UT has produced in the past 35-40 years? I honestly can't make a case for anyone better than AJ McCarron, and he's only started 4 games.
Broadway has a ring.:)

Reactions: 1 person
You got me thinking.

Pat Ryan is the only one I can think of since Stabler. But I'm not sure he really played much at UT.

VN Store

Back