Jalen Hurts @Peyton's Camp

It would surprise me.

A lot of Bammers seem to think (want?) Tua to take over, and it is purely because they lost the title game last year. Lotta Bammers put that loss on Hurts. Hilarious.
same thing happened every year with Dobbs people always want the backup for some reason

It would surprise me.

A lot of Bammers seem to think (want?) Tua to take over, and it is purely because they lost the title game last year. Lotta Bammers put that loss on Hurts. Hilarious.

He completed only 40% of his passes for less than 140 yards lol. When he was asked to win a game with his arm he couldn't do it.

He completed only 40% of his passes for less than 140 yards lol. When he was asked to win a game with his arm he couldn't do it.

Greg McElroy only threw for 58 yards in the NCG.

Jay Barker went 4 of 13 for 18 yards in the NCG.

There are many ways to win.

It's untrue to say that Hurts was "asked to win a game with his arm." He had 200 total yards, didn't turn the ball over, and Bama's last offensive play was Hurts breaking off a 30 yard run to go up by 3. All of that as a true freshman with about a week working with his new OC. Hurts could have played better, but he's not why Bama lost that game.

Last edited:

So he ran for a TD to put them up by 3. Hurts wasn't why Clemson beat them.

Greg McElroy only threw for 58 yards in the NCG.

Jay Barker went 4 of 13 for 18 yards in the NCG.

There are many ways to win.

It's untrue to say that Hurts was "asked to win a game with his arm." He had 200 total yards, didn't turn the ball over, and Bama's last offensive play was Hurts breaking off a 30 yard run to go up by 3. All of that as a true freshman with about a week working with his new OC. Hurts could have played better, but he's not why Bama lost that game.

Hurts threw the ball 30+ times, McElroy threw it 11 times lol. When bama was struggling to move the ball they put the ball in Hurts arm to out score Clemson and he couldn't do it. He had to run to get it done, not passing. He struggled, ALOT

So he ran for a TD to put them up by 3. Hurts wasn't why Clemson beat them.

I'm not sure why you bring up his running TD. I said when it was put in his arm, he couldn't get it done. He passed over 30 times and had less than 140 yards and completed 40%. Bama put the ball in his hand to out score clemson because bama's defense wasn't playing great and he couldn't do it. He couldn't even consistently get first downs while passing. I didn't put the loss on him, I just simply said he couldn't get it done through the air. That's a fact

Hurts threw the ball 30+ times, McElroy threw it 11 times lol. When bama was struggling to move the ball they put the ball in Hurts arm to out score Clemson and he couldn't do it. He had to run to get it done, not passing. He struggled, ALOT

He got Bama a lead with less than 3 minutes to play. He had some poorly thrown passes, but he didn't throw a pick. Not to mention, his receivers also had 4 drops, 3 of which would have been 1st downs (and given that Clemson scored at the last second, any of those drops might have been critical).

Unless you are criticizing him for not playing defense, then you are talking nonsense.

I'm not sure why you bring up his running TD. I said when it was put in his arm, he couldn't get it done. He passed over 30 times and had less than 140 yards and completed 40%. Bama put the ball in his hand to out score clemson because bama's defense wasn't playing great and he couldn't do it. He couldn't even consistently get first downs while passing. I didn't put the loss on him, I just simply said he couldn't get it done through the air. That's a fact

What difference does it make how you win? When he had the ball late in the 4th quarter, Bama (Hurts) scored a TD.

So do you knock Manning or Brady for not being able to beat you with their feet? I certainly hope not.

The reason Alabama lost that game, is simple, DeShawn Watson willed Clemson to a win and Nick effed up switching OCs a week b4 the NC game, imo.

What difference does it make how you win? When he had the ball late in the 4th quarter, Bama (Hurts) scored a TD.

So do you knock Manning or Brady for not being able to beat you with their feet? I certainly hope not.

A blind guy could win at QB with Alabama lol! Doesn't make you a good passer. Hurts has not shown hes a good passer. Which isn't an ideal situation to be in because eventually you will need to beat a team with your arm.

The reason Alabama lost that game, is simple, DeShawn Watson willed Clemson to a win and Nick effed up switching OCs a week b4 the NC game, imo.

Saban didn't have a choice. Kiffin had checked out. The Peach Bowl was an embarrassment.

He got Bama a lead with less than 3 minutes to play. He had some poorly thrown passes, but he didn't throw a pick. Not to mention, his receivers also had 4 drops, 3 of which would have been 1st downs (and given that Clemson scored at the last second, any of those drops might have been critical).

Unless you are criticizing him for not playing defense, then you are talking nonsense.

And? That doesn't change the fact that he struggled all night passing the ball. A blind man could win at Alabama. At one point you will need to win a game passing the ball, when Hurts was asked to do this, he failed. That isn't debatable lol.

And? That doesn't change the fact that he struggled all night passing the ball. A blind man could win at Alabama. At one point you will need to win a game passing the ball, when Hurts was asked to do this, he failed. That isn't debatable lol.

He had the game won. How is this so hard for you to grasp?

So he's not a great passer. He still led his team down field and scored a TD when the had to. The last time I checked rushing and passing TDs counted the same.

That was the 1st game a Saban coached team at Bama lost a game when leading by 10 or more points after 3 quarters.

The problem wasn't Hurts.

Honest question, do you blame Dobbs for the loss vs UF in '15? Using your logic, you should. His stats sucked. Nevermind the umpteen 4th down conversions UF picked up. Blame it on Dobbs. SMH

He had the game won. How is this so hard for you to grasp?

And? I never said the loss was on him. I simply said he can't win using his ARM. Put Scarborough at RB and Bama would still make the playoffs. That doesn't make him a good passer, does it?

And? I never said the loss was on him. I simply said he can't win using his ARM. Put Scarborough at RB and Bama would still make the playoffs. That doesn't make him a good passer, does it?

I don't recall anyone saying he is a great passer.

So he's not a great passer. He still led his team down field and scored a TD when the had to. The last time I checked rushing and passing TDs counted the same.

That was the 1st game a Saban coached team at Bama lost a game when leading by 10 or more points after 3 quarters.

The problem wasn't Hurts.

Honest question, do you blame Dobbs for the loss vs UF in '15? Using your logic, you should. His stats sucked. Nevermind the umpteen 4th down conversions UF picked up. Blame it on Dobbs. SMH

Can you please show me where I said the loss is on Hurts?!?! I simply said Hurts wasn't able to win using his ARM. Had Hurts had a better game passing do they win? Yes. Does that mean the loss is on him? No. Why is that such a hard concept to grasp?

Put Scarborough at QB and Bama still goes to the playoffs. Does that mean he's a good QB, or a good passer?

Reactions: 1 person
He wasn't asked to win the game with his arm. Your entire argument is based on a false premise.

He threw the ball over 30 times lmao. When Scarborough went down they put the ball in Hurts arm. He failed to consistently move the ball. That's not debatable

Edit: He ran the ball only 10 times. Hurts was asked to pick up the slack from Scarborough's injury and couldn't do it's through the air.

Last edited:
Can you please show me where I said the loss is on Hurts?!?! I simply said Hurts wasn't able to win using his ARM. Had Hurts had a better game passing do they win? Yes. Does that mean the loss is on him? No. Why is that such a hard concept to grasp?

Put Scarborough at QB and Bama still goes to the playoffs. Does that mean he's a good QB, or a good passer?

I give up. Uncle!

He threw the ball over 30 times lmao. When Scarborough went down they put the ball in Hurts arm. He failed to consistently move the ball. That's not debatable

Bama ran 18 plays after Bo went down. 9 passes by Hurts, 8 runs, 1 pass by Stewart. Doesn't look like Bama started flinging it around. But, by all means, keep describing this fantasy game that only you witnessed.

VN Store

Back