Miles or Jones

Miles...experience and track record count.

Not even close...shouldn't be a question.

Not to worry though....our administration would never hire somebody with that much juice.

Butch will be fine as long as we temper our expectations. He recruits very well, runs a clean program, and is a great ambassador for our school. He's just never going to win at a high level in my opinion. 8-9 wins and a bowl game is about what can be expected...not much more.

and a surprisingly high number of people are ok with just that.

Reactions: 2 people
I would take Butch, if he would just stop being SO DAYUM SCARED when the game is on the line ........I want to see Butch start putting up 40+ points on teams like the talent dictates when we play teams like North Texas................Butch just needs to develop the KILLER INSTINCT as a coach ala Bobby Bowden, Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer, Pete Carrol..........those coaches always made it a point that its up to the opposite team to stop us as we won't stop ourselves from scoring..............

Reactions: 1 person
Wouldn't trade CBJ for:

1. Richt
2. Present day Spurrier
3. Urban Meyer.

UT and LSU are in polar opposite spots right now. We've been down and are going up, they've been up and are going down.

I was just talking with a friend who is an LSU grad and we thought it was funny how younger generation of LSU fan don't know how bad they used to be and how UT fans don't remember what it's like to be good. Hopefully we'll continue to get better and they'll continue to get worse

Reactions: 1 person
Since Miles NChamp season I thought he was one of the most over rated coaches in the SEC. Great talent with so so results. See Mark Richt

Richt has never one the big one and it amazes me that Miles gets called over rated for his achievements. He has been to 2 national championship games, has a ring from the 2007 game,and consistenly wins 9-10 games a year in the toughest conference in FB. TN fans would do back flips if we had these results on the field for the past decade.

Richt has never one the big one and it amazes me that Miles gets called over rated for his achievements. He has been to 2 national championship games, has a ring from the 2007 game,and consistenly wins 9-10 games a year in the toughest conference in FB. TN fans would do back flips if we had these results on the field for the past decade.

True, but what you have to remember about LSU fans is that they have a real inferiority complex/jilted lover thing going on about Nick Saban that is driving a lot of this.

...and you do have to admit, that is tough to see a coach that won a NC at your school leave and ultimately wind back up at a division rival, win multiple conference and national titles there, and almost always beat you despite your own team always looking like, on paper, you are as good as them.

Miles has balls, but can't develop a QB to save his life. Yes yes, time will tell if Butch can develop a QB

Even if he didn't work out in the end, Les still got a QB drafted #1 overall. Butch will never come close to such an accomplishment.

What would Miles be without all the studs in his backyard staying home. I dont recall his Oklahoma State teams being anything special. I dont know if Miles would do any better recruiting in this region than Butch.

What would Miles be without all the studs in his backyard staying home. I dont recall his Oklahoma State teams being anything special. I dont know if Miles would do any better recruiting in this region than Butch.

I guarantee Stoops was glad to see Miles leave Stillwater.

Even if he didn't work out in the end, Les still got a QB drafted #1 overall. Butch will never come close to such an accomplishment.

If Eric Fisher doesn't count as close then idk what does. If we're talking QB's only, there's thousands of coaches who haven't done that.

Les didnt do that. Jamarcus Russells physical attributes and bring able to throw the ball 80 yards. Al Davis always drafted poorly by going by workout wonders instead of pure field results.

Lawdy no....Les is crazier than a poop-house rat.

The VN whines about DeBord's age; Miles is even older.

If Eric Fisher doesn't count as close then idk what does. If we're talking QB's only, there's thousands of coaches who haven't done that.

Fisher wasn't coached by Butch except his freshman year. Butch does get credit for recruiting him, but no one is arguing that he can't recruit.

VN Store

Back