Nice piece on Jalen Hurd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I agree. Hell, we all agree. And he doesn't care about sitting out. It's more about getting in the right system, utilizing his skill set better, and not getting the crap beat out of him every week.

He may want to look at what Alabama did to LF. I think this system is fitting him wel

Reactions: 1 person
As for Jalen staying, of corse any Vol fan wants him on our team. He is a home state hero already. He has set the tone for putting Tennessee back on the map. He has proven that he is an NFL running back.

Go Vols!

I think him leaving would be a terrible decision. But as a Vol fan, nothing would surprise me anymore.

Our players are responsible for representing this university in an appropriate manner and this isn't a positive way.

There was absolutely nothing derogatory written in that article about 1. Criticizing the media is a no no especially considering this is an article that the masses would consider at positive minded story.

There is no escaping being compared to others and that article should have been flattering. It's 100% egotistical to be mad about that article. Shame on the tweet and I bet the UT sports information people and coaches are pissed about it.

BS. The media is not holy. I am an alumnus and take no offense to your so-called "inappropriate" tweet.

Reactions: 2 people
He hasn't made up his mind either way at this point. Everyone he knows wants him to stay, and he should stay, but that still doesn't change the fact that he might not. And if he does go, I'll come back and see how those "Lol's" taste coming out of your mouth.

Jalen Hurd isn't bigger than Tennessee football. He isn't the savior of our program. He's a really good player that's going to make a lot of money in the NFL. I'm a huge fan of him. However, it sounds like he needs a piece of humble pie.

Last edited:
74, his only legitimate complaint is getting hit a lot and I'd be willing to bet the line play is going to improve next year. To act like he isn't getting to showcase his skills here when pretty much the entire offense depends on him either pass blocking, catching, or running the ball is complete horse**** and honestly, a little insulting. He probably needs to stop acting like he is too good to get hit occasionally and do his ******n job and then go collect his paycheck. Leaving would be an all time stupid decision on his part and I really, really hope he is smarter than that. He sounds to me like he needs to get his ego in check a little bit.

Don't think transferring under the existing circumstances would allow him to better showcase his talent - especially his leadership talent. He's showcased his talent to me and I believe he should declare for the draft after 2016 - don't think there's anything more he could show the scouts by playing at UT in 2017.

IF 74 is correct, then I wonder how that type of attitude could not be caustic in a team sport? If I was an OL, I wouldn't hold up a RB for a picture if he was threatening to transfer because he thought his blocking was turrible.

Butch would never let it happen.

It sounds like frustration, but considering Hurd just broke 150 and is now on pace to easily coast to the all-time UT record, my money says he's staying.

Even if he's frustrated with Butch, I have a hard time seeing him turning his back on Dobbs, Kamara, and a fan base that would kill for him.

74, his only legitimate complaint is getting hit a lot and I'd be willing to bet the line play is going to improve next year. To act like he isn't getting to showcase his skills here when pretty much the entire offense depends on him either pass blocking, catching, or running the ball is complete horse**** and honestly, a little insulting. He probably needs to stop acting like he is too good to get hit occasionally and do his ******n job and then go collect his paycheck. Leaving would be an all time stupid decision on his part and I really, really hope he is smarter than that. He sounds to me like he needs to get his ego in check a little bit.

Be easy on Hurd. This is a rumour started by a poster on a message board. Hurd has been exemplary in every way as a player, a leader and an ambassador for UT. Don't fall for this BS.

Don't think transferring under the existing circumstances would allow him to better showcase his talent - especially his leadership talent. He's showcased his talent to me and I believe he should declare for the draft after 2016 - don't think there's anything more he could show the scouts by playing at UT in 2017.

IF 74 is correct, then I wonder how that type of attitude could not be caustic in a team sport? If I was an OL, I wouldn't hold up a RB for a picture if he was threatening to transfer because he thought his blocking was turrible.

You answered your own question.
Now ask yourself if this entire episode makes any sense? Of course it doesn't.

Be easy on Hurd. This is a rumour started by a poster on a message board. Hurd has been exemplary in every way as a player, a leader and an ambassador for UT. Don't fall for this BS.

Hurd is by far my favorite current Vol. However, 74 is a member of his family. If he's saying it, dumb or not, its likely at least partially true.

Last edited:
Vol74 confuses me a bit. I'm not sure what his connections are to the team, if any, but Hurd seems to be the focal point of his posting. Apparently it's been said that he's related to Hurd?

But oddly enough he seems to be well respected in the recruiting forum too. He told everyone Dormady was a lock before he committed, but how would a member of Hurd's family know that?

I also researched some of his older posts and he seemed to have "info" on Torrence Gibson's recruitment.

Is this a lucky guesser, or someone who is actually informed? I'm leaning towards lucky guesser.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Hurd is by far my favorite current Vol. However, 74 is a member of his family. If he's saying it, dumb or not, its likely at least partially true.

Must not be a close member. He would be completely out of my circle if he was sharing my business on a message board. If this thing grows legs, they likely came from volnation.

Reactions: 3 people

Do you know this to be true or is he just claiming to be a member of the family? I can tell you no member of my family would be stupid enough to talk about my business on a message board.

Do you know this to be true or is he just claiming to be a member of the family? I can tell you no member of my family would be stupid enough to talk about my business on a message board.

Would anyone care?
Everybody is connected to someone that can't keep their trap shut, most likely.

Would anyone care?
Everybody is connected to someone that can't keep their trap shut, most likely.

Someone might:)
Anyway my point is that I just don't believe this guy is actually connected. I've seen too many other posters that make false claims and Hurd has never done anything to make one think he is not totally committed to this team. He's not just one of the best players, he's one of the best leaders.

Someone might:)
Anyway my point is that I just don't believe this guy is actually connected. I've seen too many other posters that make false claims and Hurd has never done anything to make one think he is not totally committed to this team. He's not just one of the best players, he's one of the best leaders.

Yeah, its definitely best to take everything with a microgranule of salt around here. Sometimes things can really suprise you though..

It makes no sense for him to transfer. Hes a 1-2nd round draft pick next year, but if he transfers, he has to sit out a year and wait for his money. I don't see it.

It makes no sense for him to transfer. Hes a 1-2nd round draft pick next year, but if he transfers, he has to sit out a year and wait for his money. I don't see it.

And if his problem is "getting hit too much," then he'll have a heck of a time finding somewhere to transfer or playing in the NFL for that matter. Our OL has had it's struggles this year, but Hurd has shown a bit of a tendancy to rely on his elite athleticism instead of following his blocks at times.

I wouldn't want to run in this system. It is an inconvenience to bigger backs and hinders their ability. The 2 leading rushers in the SEC are roughly the same size and they are 7 yards in the backfield, running behind a fullback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back