Nice piece on Jalen Hurd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding our offense and issues with the read option, can anyone name an NFL team that doesn't use some sort of read option? I realize some rely on it more than others, but it seems that everyone uses a version of it. And isn't the running back also supposed to make the same read along with the QB? So the back really shouldn't be surprised when he doesn't get the ball, right?

Regarding our offense and issues with the read option, can anyone name an NFL team that doesn't use some sort of read option? I realize some rely on it more than others, but it seems that everyone uses a version of it. And isn't the running back also supposed to make the same read along with the QB? So the back really shouldn't be surprised when he doesn't get the ball, right?

There's really nothing other than a lone nut poster suggesting that Jalen is upset about sharing the ball/is frustrated with Oline and offensive scheme.

He's 4th in the SEC in rushing. Where can he go that would put him in that same level of elite?

Reactions: 1 person
Must not be a close member. He would be completely out of my circle if he was sharing my business on a message board. If this thing grows legs, they likely came from volnation.

My thoughts exactly. If I was Hurd and this supposed close member of my circle were sharing my businesses on a public forum, he would be put out of the circle.

On another note, Hurd's mom shared the article on FB, so I'm surprised at that if Jalen had a problem with the article. Oh well...

Vol74 confuses me a bit. I'm not sure what his connections are to the team, if any, but Hurd seems to be the focal point of his posting. Apparently it's been said that he's related to Hurd?

But oddly enough he seems to be well respected in the recruiting forum too. He told everyone Dormady was a lock before he committed, but how would a member of Hurd's family know that?

I also researched some of his older posts and he seemed to have "info" on Torrence Gibson's recruitment.

Is this a lucky guesser, or someone who is actually informed? I'm leaning towards lucky guesser.

He's Hurd's uncle. He also told us that Jalen would commit to Tennessee about 20 minutes before he did....correctly told us about Hurd's "alcohol situation" last year....and correctly told us why Jalen left the Vandy game early last season (helmet to the jaw). I'm certain there are others, I thought of those off the top of my head. If Vol74 says something about Jalen, you'd do very well to take the information he's giving very seriously....he ain't guessing.

Reactions: 2 people
He's Hurd's uncle. He also told us that Jalen would commit to Tennessee about 20 minutes before he did....correctly told us about Hurd's "alcohol situation" last year....and correctly told us why Jalen left the Vandy game early last season (helmet to the jaw). I'm certain there are others, I thought of those off the top of my head. If Vol74 says something about Jalen, you'd do very well to take the information he's giving very seriously....he ain't guessing.

If you watched the game, you saw why he was out

If you watched the game, you saw why he was out

Oh, ok, so he has no credibility. Got it. Did you by chance let anybody know that Jalen was gonna commit to Tennessee about 20 minutes before he did? I'll look back and check your posting history to see if you gave us a heads up. I'm certain you did. How about when Jalen got in trouble last for "underage drinking"? Did you give us the details or should anybody just have figured that one out??

Last edited:

And yet he knew Dormady was committing? Also, he was extremely vocal in the Torrence Gibson recruitment, why would being related to Hurd give him access to this information?

Oh, ok, so he has no credibility. Got it. Did you by chance let anybody know that Jalen was gonna commit to Tennessee about 20 minutes before he did? I'll look back and check your posting history to see if you gave us a heads up. I'm certain you did. How about when Jalen got in trouble last for "underage drinking"? Did you give us the details or should anybody just have figured that one out??

If I remember correctly he actually called his commitment the night before.

And yet he knew Dormady was committing? Also, he was extremely vocal in the Torrence Gibson recruitment, why would being related to Hurd give him access to this information?

What? Why would being close to/related to a player on the team give him access to information relating to what's going on with the team? Is that the question you're asking? Why would it not? Shouldn't it be the other way around? For example, if MZTerry (Croom's mom) came on here and said "we're about to get Mecole Hardman"...and then Hardman soon after committed, what would you say? Me, I'd say "well, makes sense. After all, her son is on the team and he would probably know".

Surely I'm misunderstanding your question.

I just came here to read and article about Hurd. I thought it was a nice article about his work ethic. If Hurd took exception to something in the article then by all means he has a right to be upset if something was taken out of context or his words were twisted.

Personally, I agree. Hell, we all agree. And he doesn't care about sitting out. It's more about getting in the right system, utilizing his skill set better, and not getting the crap beat out of him every week.

He knew CBJ was going to be running a read option. He knew we was going to have a depleted freshmen offensive line. I don't know why it would surprise him all of the sudden now.

You can add to that our lackluster passing game is also a key to 8 in the box waiting on Hurd.

Whether he transfers or in a year goes to the NFL he will always be getting the crap hit out of him. It's football not golf.

I just came here to read and article about Hurd. I thought it was a nice article about his work ethic. If Hurd took exception to something in the article then by all means he has a right to be upset if something was taken out of context or his words were twisted.

Exactly. Any of us would. And given The Tennessean's penchant for / long-standing tradition of "editorializing" articles and interviews, there's little to no doubt that happened here, given Hurd's tweet.

What? Why would being close to/related to a player on the team give him access to information relating to what's going on with the team? Is that the question you're asking? Why would it not? Shouldn't it be the other way around? For example, if MZTerry (Croom's mom) came on here and said "we're about to get Mecole Hardman"...and then Hardman soon after committed, what would you say? Me, I'd say "well, makes sense. After all, her son is on the team and he would probably know".

Surely I'm misunderstanding your question.

It would be one thing if the player they were close to was associated with the recruit (i.e. MZTERRY talked about Kamara coming here. Croom knew Kamara, they played at the same high school) but a guy who is related to Hurd knows what some High School QB in Texas is doing? 74 told us Dormady was a lock the night before he committed. The only way that makes sense is if QD tells the coachng staff, the coaching staff sends a mass text to the players, and Hurd immediately told his "uncle" who then reported it here.

I'm not being argumentative, I'm just trying to understand as well. This all sounds fishy.

Any truth to the rumor that he stood out side the bus and waited to hug each of the OL following the Missouri game?

Woooooooow. Such butthurt. Get over yourself. I could not care less who is related to who. You said he called hurds injury. Well I did too. Can I be a cousin or something?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Wow, a lot of assumptions being made about Jalen in here. I don't know him personally, but I've talked extensively with a couple people in Nashville who grew up with or around Jalen, some who still see him when he comes home, and the only thing I hear is how humble and incredible he is, not just as a football player or worker, but as a person. He wants to be the best, no comparison to anyone else because that's been his passion since he was little. I'm sure mid season he probably has vented frustration to his family that after the season, he will reflect and push himself and probably his teammates even more so to be better than anyone in the country. He's a very loyal guy, and he loves his team. He's not going anywhere but back to the gym and the film room.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm not even going to bother reading the article. What is more worrisome is that people related to or claiming relations to players stirring the pot. IMO, it's best to keep those relationships private and post accordingly. I know that can be hard since personal feelings come into play, but if one truly cares for the player, it would seem common sense to keep their private/personal business off a message board. Anyone remember Foster Mom posting up a storm?? Not a pretty sight from what I recall.

Wow, a lot of assumptions being made about Jalen in here. I don't know him personally, but I've talked extensively with a couple people in Nashville who grew up with or around Jalen, some who still see him when he comes home, and the only thing I hear is how humble and incredible he is, not just as a football player or worker, but as a person. He wants to be the best, no comparison to anyone else because that's been his passion since he was little. I'm sure mid season he probably has vented frustration to his family that after the season, he will reflect and push himself and probably his teammates even more so to be better than anyone in the country. He's a very loyal guy, and he loves his team. He's not going anywhere but back to the gym and the film room.
Very well stated. There's a lot of good in this post. Lol, more than you know sir. Your insticts are very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back