Official Depth Chart for BG

Seeing a troll like SailingSam spend a day of his time here, it makes me wonder at his motivation. I mean, it's not like he's really said anything to hurt anyone's feelings other than Colton Jumper (who I'm sure hasn't a clue that Sam exists). So...why do it?

Need for attention, that's one clear motivator. Say something shocking, get people to react, prove that you exist ... same base impulse humans exercise from infancy on up until a certain level of maturity. So okay, I can get that motivation.

Family member of Bynum, Bates, Kirkland? Someone upset that their own didn't get the start? I don't want to believe that's true. Even while having strong bonds to a particular player, a family member would still want the program to do well. I'm not getting that vibe from Sam, he wants the Vols not to succeed I think. But this could be part of it, outside chance.

*shrug* Many here will feel it's not worth worrying about. And I'm sure they're right. I'm just a student of human beings, always trying to figure out what motivates them, makes them tick.

Okay, I'll leave it be now. Back to the depth chart at large.

Here's how I interpreted the non-depth-chart depth chart published today. Where more than one "starter" listed for a single position, I went with the one that was listed first; of course, we won't know for sure until kickoff:

2-Deep%20BGSU_1.png

(does list 12O and 12D...12O for the 10 personnel 4-WR build, as well as the more standard 11 personnel)

Sorry for the double post -- put it in the other thread until I realized the conversation had shifted here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I hope he is too. But comments like this remind me of the Dooley days. MLB is the most import position on the defensive side of the ball and this decision is questionable at best

The coaches picked Jumper to start this game, so before you jump off a bridge at least see how well he plays Saturday. I was being sarcastic about the all SEC thing (it would be nice though). I don't think I could take hearing Vern bring up "what a great story" Jumper is every time he makes a tackle, though.

Croom recovering from knee scope ... not sure how many weeks.

Did Butch talk about his surgery findings in today's press conference?

He said at most 5 weeks, but don't know how long. He said the surgery went well. The length of time depends on how his body responds.

Reactions: 1 person
Excited to see Jumper. He must have something about him if he got the nod over Kirkland.

I bet Coach Jones is reading this laughing his a** off. LOL..."let's throw in co-starters, that will really get them going!"

Sailing Sam the Florida troll says the florida posters are already making jokes about our starting MLB. Why would florida posters be checking out our depth chart for the Bowling Green game and already posting about it? The same day it was released no less? Because they are nervous. If Coach Jones says our Orange haired MLB is good enough to start...I say our Orange haired MLB is going to wreak havoc.

Reactions: 6 people
Excited to see Jumper. He must have something about him if he got the nod over Kirkland.

He is a great leader and has a good mind. He gets the team lined up in the correct positions and everyone is in the right spot. He will be a good MLB. With the talent this team has on defense the middle linebacker has to be a leader in the sense he is, so there won't be an issue. Now, I won't doubt that Kirkland will start to recieve substantial play time as the season goes. Kirkland can be great

Reactions: 8 people
Did you guys notice that Kenny Bynum is backing up Jalen Reeves-Maybin, not Cortez or Elliot. Not really sure what that means. Is Cortez still banged up?

He is a great leader and has a good mind. He gets the team lined up in the correct positions and everyone is in the right spot. He will be a good MLB. With the talent this team has on defense the middle linebacker has to be a leader in the sense he is, so there won't be an issue. Now, I won't doubt that Kirkland will start to recieve substantial play time as the season goes. Kirkland can be great

Any recollection of what it was initially that got the coaching staff looking more at Jumper and not thinking of him as a label? I am hoping that Knoll can get the same type of opportunity if he keeps progressing.

VN Store

Back