Official Depth Chart for BG

Any recollection of what it was initially that got the coaching staff looking more at Jumper and not thinking of him as a label? I am hoping that Knoll can get the same type of opportunity if he keeps progressing.

He isn't a label. Jumper can play. What got him the nod is the fact that he will keep the team in the right positions and has experience. Jumper is athletic. Kirkland is young. Just a little note, opening day depth charts are about as relevant as pre season rankings. They will put out the "depth chart" but in game things will change in the middle of the quarter typically. And by game two a more definite depth chart will be in store.

Reactions: 4 people
He is a great leader and has a good mind. He gets the team lined up in the correct positions and everyone is in the right spot. He will be a good MLB. With the talent this team has on defense the middle linebacker has to be a leader in the sense he is, so there won't be an issue. Now, I won't doubt that Kirkland will start to recieve substantial play time as the season goes. Kirkland can be great

thanks for the insight travis, any observations on bates?

He isn't a label. Jumper can play. What got him the nod is the fact that he will keep the team in the right positions and has experience. Jumper is athletic. Kirkland is young. Just a little note, opening day depth charts are about as relevant as pre season rankings. They will put out the "depth chart" but in game things will change in the middle of the quarter typically. And by game two a more definite depth chart will be in store.

No, you took my post the wrong way. I definitely agree that CJ is a player. I just asked what it was that made the coaching staff realize that he was a player and actually give him a chance.

Look at the Mlb, isn't he so pretty!! I swear when Oklahoma offense takes one look at the frat boy mlb they will laugh so hard they wont be able to play!!

Then he will proceed to shut their mouths (and yours) posthaste.

Last edited:
I bet Coach Jones is reading this laughing his a** off. LOL..."let's throw in co-starters, that will really get them going!"

Sailing Sam the Florida troll says the florida posters are already making jokes about our starting MLB. Why would florida posters be checking out our depth chart for the Bowling Green game and already posting about it? The same day it was released no less? Because they are nervous. If Coach Jones says our Orange haired MLB is good enough to start...I say our Orange haired MLB is going to wreak havoc.

exactly

when that starts happening people are worried about you again. Theres literally no other reason. Start talking and bashing others behind their backs when youre scared. Trying to convince themselves we suck.

Reactions: 1 person
This team has the potential to be a top ten defense.

Yeah, I think so too, Travis, there is just a lot of talent all over the field, both starting and behind the starters. And maybe even more important, they all support each other and are there for each other. The cohesiveness is palpable. Really awesome to see.

Very high expectations defensively for Team 119. A fairly good (to very good, depends on the OLine) offense makes them a winning team; this defense makes them a contender for the East. Teams can't beat you if they can't score on you.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
Another version; sorry about the small font:

depthcharts_zpsalghuw1q.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Leave it up to some people on Volnation who thinks they know more about football than Butch. Jumper must be doing something right to win the starting spot if he beat out a 4* talented linebacker. I'll trust Butch on this until I find a reason not too.

He is a great leader and has a good mind. He gets the team lined up in the correct positions and everyone is in the right spot. He will be a good MLB. With the talent this team has on defense the middle linebacker has to be a leader in the sense he is, so there won't be an issue. Now, I won't doubt that Kirkland will start to recieve substantial play time as the season goes. Kirkland can be great

Love reading this stuff. I really don't know much about Jumper other than what I have read here recently. I forgot he was even on the team until I read reports of a three way competition for the MLB spot. Glad to see the young man shine.

No Soul. No Fear.

I like it. If he's starting he's clearly won the position. If you're so upset that a red headed white kid is starting over your favorite player, maybe you're not a vol fan? Most fans want the best players, who can win games to play..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 240
Reactions: 10 people
Just In Texans cut JJ Watt .
they found out he was a walk on at Wisconsin and just a 2 Star.

yea because there are JJ watt's that come out every year.

stop it dude. a walk-on starting over multiple 4 stars at MLB is not good news. it either shows our coaches are terrible at talent evaluation either when it comes to who should play or who to recruit.

yea because there are JJ watt's that come out every year.

stop it dude. a walk-on starting over multiple 4 stars at MLB is not good news. it either shows our coaches are terrible at talent evaluation either when it comes to who should play or who to recruit.

Or it could show that our coaches are really good at evaluating and developing walk-ons. :rock:

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back