One analyst believes Tennessee’s quarterback battle has already been decided

Do we really think Pruitt is going to let any info get out? He does come from the Saban school of media relations where no info gets out
No... which again begs the question of how Price or anyone else can be so certain... and especially when they don't give a reason for their opinion other than having held it for a long time.

Physically speaking. He may be. Just watching his games compared to JG's... he's physically well behind JG. But that has never been JG's issue.
I don't disagree with you there. I'm interested to see how much playing time Shrout gets with the new red shirt rule this year

No... which again begs the question of how Price or anyone else can be so certain... and especially when they don't give a reason for their opinion other than having held it for a long time.
They're just going off what they see during the 7 min at practice. Lol. I do think it's interesting that you have some media members in the JG camp and some in the KC camp. Makes me wonder what they're looking for

An analyst, by definition, should always offer some kind of real analysis of the circumstances instead of just offering a vehement opinion that this is the way it should be without giving any background content. It has been a constant narrative by price that guarantano is Far and Away the leader in the clubhouse. This despite the fact that the journalists are only allowed to watch seven minutes of practice every day.
“Vehement opinion”?? Lol. You just don’t like what he said because you’re an anybody JG guy. All Price did was give an honest, informed opinion, which is the same thing he’s said for 3 weeks now....JG is, in his opinion, the favorite to start vs WVa, and he doesn’t think the battle is close.

Price saying it pretty much is Hubbs or Simonton saying it....distinction without a difference.
If they were saying it without any further explanation I wouldn't give it any more credence

“Vehement opinion”?? Lol. You just don’t like what he said because you’re an anybody JG guy. All Price did was give an honest, informed opinion, which is the same thing he’s said for 3 weeks now....JG is, in his opinion, the favorite to start vs WVa, and he doesn’t think the battle is close.
Where do you get the idea that I'm a guy who wants anybody but guarantano? I have never made any statement that could be interpreted in that way anyway. I hope he improves to where he is the greatest quarterback in the history of the world and even will turn D4h's opinion away from his hero. I simply want the quarterback who is chosen to lead the Vols back to Glory. One difference is for me the personality or anything else involved with the contestants does not enter into the equation one little bit. Apparently it does with you

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
An analyst, by definition, should always offer some kind of real analysis of the circumstances instead of just offering a vehement opinion that this is the way it should be without giving any background content. It has been a constant narrative by price that guarantano is Far and Away the leader in the clubhouse. This despite the fact that the journalists are only allowed to watch seven minutes of practice every day.
It’s called having sources as a writer that covers the VOLS my goodness.

They're just going off what they see during the 7 min at practice. Lol. I do think it's interesting that you have some media members in the JG camp and some in the KC camp. Makes me wonder what they're looking for
I guess it is kind of incumbent on them to say something if they want people to keep listening... Wouldn't be all that interesting for them to come on each day and say "I don't know today either". Unlike the JJ Peterson saga... they couldn't make a joke out of the QB competition.

The only way anyone survives in sports "journalism" is that they NEVER get held accountable for their predictions. If someone published a "who was right" analysis each year based on preseason predictions... none of them could keep a job.

Reactions: Pepe
These "analysts" just get to see 5-15 minutes of practice a day. Even if Price focused solely on the QBs, ignoring every other unit (unlikely!), what would he see? He would see what we see in the videos... 4 or 5 QBs taking turns throwing against air. Maybe 10-15 throws each?

I personally suspect that JG will win the job, proving Price correct, but it bothers me when these characters speak authoritatively about things that they are not in a position to offer an expert opinion about.

Reactions: livefaith and sjt18
Yes because coaches are always honest with the media.
Not the point. The point is that Price is making a definitive statement as if he knows something. I'd like to know his justification and all the more since Pruitt has held his cards close. So far, he's just spit "just so" statements out without saying how he came to that conclusion.

Not the point. The point is that Price is making a definitive statement as if he knows something. I'd like to know his justification and all the more since Pruitt has held his cards close. So far, he's just spit "just so" statements out without saying how he came to that conclusion.
Reporters don’t reveal their sources.

These "analysts" just get to see 5-15 minutes of practice a day. Even if Price focused solely on the QBs, ignoring every other unit (unlikely!), what would he see? He would see what we see in the videos... 4 or 5 QBs taking turns throwing against air. Maybe 10-15 throws each?

I personally suspect that JG will win the job, proving Price correct, but it bothers me when these characters speak authoritatively about things that they are not in a position to offer an expert opinion about.

Maybe he has inside knowledge to help him form an expert opinion.

Maybe he does know something. He can't give up how he knows or he will lose his source.

Reactions: KBVol
Reporters don’t reveal their sources.
Don't have to. All he has to say is a "source close to the program" or based on what I've seen or something like that. He doesn't have to name names. Pruitt isn't going to spend inordinate energy chasing anonymous sources.

But if you accept that answer... then why don't you give equal credence to some joker on the radio called "Vol Colonel" who claims a source that told him it is KC? Why not even more?

Then enter LWSVol who historically has had close ties to the program and especially when Fulmer was around. He said that he had lunch with someone close to the program who told him JG had not done what he had to do to earn the job. I actually hope he's wrong... but out of all the "sources" that have commented on the QB battle. LWS is the most credible to me.

Maybe he has inside knowledge to help him form an expert opinion.

Maybe he does know something. He can't give up how he knows or he will lose his source.
But that could be true of anyone including those saying KC, right?

VN Store

Back