Other SEC coaches fearing the rise of our proud program

Over the last 7 years Alabama has played the 9th toughest schedule in the FBS. And we've had to do it without any assistance from you guys.

Bout time y'all tighten up.

Very True! I now know how you guys felt during the Fulmer years. Saban won't be around forever and I doubt the next guy will be the recruiter Saban has proven to be. We will be back and Bama will eventually slip. It always happens in CFB. In the late 90s, Bama, Auburn and LSU were not nearly the programs they are now. We had a streak of 8 also and I believe 9 out of 10 that ended in 2004. At that time I was as confident as you but things can change quickly. Enjoy it while it lasts.

P.S. Don't get caught cheating after you do fall off a bit. Seems to be the normal occurrence for Alabama over the last 30 years or so. Good, Bad, Cheat, Caught, Probation, Repeat.

Reactions: 5 people
P.S. Don't get caught cheating after you do fall off a bit. Seems to be the normal occurrence for Alabama over the last 30 years or so. Good, Bad, Cheat, Caught, Probation, Repeat.

Are you trying to tell me Phil and Butch are spending quality time together?

I don't think Saban has to change anything as long as he's pulling down #1 recruiting classes year after year.

That's exactly what I mean. Saban was "working" the media in a more positive manner bc he realizes Butch is stealing quality recruits with such tactics.

Gavin Bryant. Just off the top of my head

*in b4 u try to discount any player whose name I mention here, lol.

Reinventing the wheel must be working. Bama's 19 recruits are leading the nation for 2015 and by a very large margin.

Reinventing the wheel must be working. Bama's 19 recruits are leading the nation for 2015 and by a very large margin.

I agree with all your points and you guys have arguable dominated the college football world for the better part of the last 5-7 years.

Which begs the question..........why are you here?

If UT somehow goes on a type of run you guys have had, the absolute last place you will find me bragging about my team's dominance is another team's message board. I just don't understand the mentality of someone who celebrates victory not with his own fan base, but that of another.

Reactions: 10 people
I'd rather our coaches worry about the Vols, and let the other coaches worry about their own team. No coach is losing sleep about how they're going to beat UT..yet.

Feels good man.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-07-24 at 1.58.55 PM.png
    Screen shot 2014-07-24 at 1.58.55 PM.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: 1 person
Not to say that he never did before, but it has certainly increased this year. Butch's positivity is working and others are following suit.

Record wise, Saban is the greatest recruiter in the history of the universe. Even Spurrier admitted it. To say that Saban is following Butch's or anyone else's lead is crazy - you really have to be drinking some serious butch-aide to believe this.

Reactions: 3 people
I didn't argue against the "cheerful" claim. I argued against the fact that he is acting differently than he has in the past.

Maybe you're agitated bc you realize I could be onto something. Just reflect on it and be truly honest with yourself. It's alright to be upset. I would be too if I had to cheer for Saban.

Last edited:
Maybe you're agitated bc you realize I could be onto something. Just reflect on it and be truly honest with yourself. It's alright to be upset. I would be to if I had to cheer for Saban.

Yup, I would hate to cheer for a coach who has already won 4 National Titles and 4 SEC Championships.........................

Record wise, Saban is the greatest recruiter in the history of the universe. Even Spurrier admitted it. To say that Saban is following Butch's or anyone else's lead is crazy - you really have to be drinking some serious butch-aide to believe this.

I keep a keg of Butchade on ice. I realize my assertion was largely speculative.

Yup, I would hate to cheer for a coach who has already won 4 National Titles and 4 SEC Championships.........................

Not arguing his success or coaching prowess. Legendary in that regard, but he is such a @sshole. Probably how I felt when I had to defend Kiffen's idiotic comments bc he was my team's coach. I did it, but I felt dirty afterwards.

Maybe you're agitated bc you realize I could be onto something. Just reflect on it and be truly honest with yourself. It's alright to be upset. I would be to if I had to cheer for Saban.

It's been really difficult to cheer for 3 national titles in 5 years. But, such is my plight.

Enjoy it while you can, Alabama fans. Saban isn't getting any younger and Butch Jones is building a team that will have you crying crimson tears year after year.

What goes around, truly does come back around.

I was like you once...

I distinctly remember logging on to Alabama forums and running my mouth (or fingers in this case) I thought Alabama would never beat us again. How could they? They got lucky and beat us once in a 10 year span and even that one didn't count due to NCAA penalties. In '06 I thought we started another 10 year streak.

Uh oh...

Fulmer was suddenly old. He suddenly lost control of his program. We suddenly weren't getting the type of players we once did, and when we did pull those guys in they robbed, assaulted, and flunked their way out of the program.

It happens literally over night.

Enjoy it while you can because your time is coming again.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people

VN Store

Back