Other SEC coaches fearing the rise of our proud program

Not arguing his success or coaching prowess. Legendary in that regard, but he is such a @sshole. Probably how I felt when I had to defend Kiffen's idiotic comments bc he was my team's coach. I did it, but I felt dirty afterwards.

So, as you put it, a legendary coach is fearing a coach who's not even proven to be mediocre at this level?

Not arguing his success or coaching prowess. Legendary in that regard, but he is such a @sshole. Probably how I felt when I had to defend Kiffen's idiotic comments bc he was my team's coach. I did it, but I felt dirty afterwards.

Is Butch Jones getting paid to be nice, or is he paid to win football games?

If it's the former, I'm glad that Alabama doesn't have that policy.

Are you trying to tell me Phil and Butch are spending quality time together?

What I believe he is saying is , When Alabama starts to not live up to expectations (such as finishing their season with two losses) or begin to be out recruited . They have in the past been found guilty of cheating soon after these trends,Lane Kiffen is a proven man of this type behavior. Im sure he and Saban are spending some quality time together.:)

Reactions: 2 people
Totall off-topic, but it is amazing to me how many posters don't know how to spell the last name of a guy who was the head coach at UT. It's been messed up twice in the past 10 posts.

Totall off-topic, but it is amazing to me how many posters don't know how to spell the last name of a guy who was the head coach at UT. It's been messed up twice in the past 10 posts.

It's done on purpose..............a practice normally followed by the childish or ignorant

So, as you put it, a legendary coach is fearing a coach who's not even proven to be mediocre at this level?

Fear? No. But I do believe they've noticed he has come into the SEC and made some noise well before expected. In reaction to that observation, they're making their own unique adjustments to account for the new kid on the block who has game.

To be fair, he didn't allow us much time to learn it. However, I see your point.

What I believe he is saying is , When Alabama starts to not live up to expectations (such as finishing their season with two losses) or begin to be out recruited . They have in the past been found guilty of cheating soon after these trends,Lane Kiffen is a proven man of this type behavior. Im sure he and Saban are spending some quality time together.:)

Check in to rivals now and again. Bama is not being out recruited, even a little. Plenty of SEC teams getting their fair share of top talent. The only thing that has happened to tennessee is that you guys started to recruit better.

Now you need to put a better product on the field. Soon playing time will not be one of those drawing cards. But either way, the price has not been at our expense.

Check in to rivals now and again. Bama is not being out recruited, even a little. Plenty of SEC teams getting their fair share of top talent. The only thing that has happened to tennessee is that you guys started to recruit better.

Now you need to put a better product on the field. Soon playing time will not be one of those drawing cards. But either way, the price has not been at our expense.

...yet.

I can't wait. Karma is a butch.

Reactions: 1 person

I don't think any reasonable person would argue against this. Bama has had top tier talent coming in since Saban arrived. There is enough national top talent year in and year out to be roughly equivalent for the top 5-7 teams, depending on the year. Step one is consistently recruiting to that level, so you have people at every position beyond your 2 deep who can come on the field and stand toe to toe with the best the other guys have. This is where Tennessee has been lacking the last few years, and is why people are excited now. Obviously the next step is developing that talent, something which Saban has shown he can do (as has Butch at a lower level of play).
It's stupid to say Bama is hurt by our recruiting; they will be fine as long as Saban is there in that regard. The difference is now we are starting have the tools to stay in the game, and if you can stay in the game, you can win.
I think that this is a good thing not only for Tennessee, but for the SEC in general. I'm of course biased, but I would imagine that Fall is more exciting for Bama fans when the Third Saturday is one of the big ones circled on the calendar.

Reactions: 4 people
Over the last 7 years Alabama has played the 9th toughest schedule in the FBS. And we've had to do it without any assistance from you guys.

Bout time y'all tighten up.

Good luck with that kiffen sickness...it's gonna take you down hard. Trust us, we've been there.

I really like elephants ... when they have GOP logos!

I don't think any reasonable person would argue against this. Bama has had top tier talent coming in since Saban arrived. There is enough national top talent year in and year out to be roughly equivalent for the top 5-7 teams, depending on the year. Step one is consistently recruiting to that level, so you have people at every position beyond your 2 deep who can come on the field and stand toe to toe with the best the other guys have. This is where Tennessee has been lacking the last few years, and is why people are excited now. Obviously the next step is developing that talent, something which Saban has shown he can do (as has Butch at a lower level of play).
It's stupid to say Bama is hurt by our recruiting; they will be fine as long as Saban is there in that regard. The difference is now we are starting have the tools to stay in the game, and if you can stay in the game, you can win.
I think that this is a good thing not only for Tennessee, but for the SEC in general. I'm of course biased, but I would imagine that Fall is more exciting for Bama fans when the Third Saturday is one of the big ones circled on the calendar.

The most honest answer anyone can give. Alabama was called irrelevant when a sportswriter commented on the potential of the Nick Saban hire. No historically good team will ever fill such a definition. What you just said is exactly what many Bama fans have been saying to LSU fans about cross-rivalries in the SEC. The give and take in the meantime, is just part of what Bama/Tenn is.

VN Store

Back