SDS ranks the SEC coaches????

So, "team" and "coach" are interchangeable terms? No, no they're not.

And Saban has coached more national championships than the OBC, which are more meaningful, as they are, by definition, "national" and not limited to a dozen or so teams.

Your argument is absolutely stupid, and I'm pretty sure you know that, but you refuse to admit it.

Your are really reaching, this was a conversation about the best coach in the SEC, Not the best team, you must have about an 80 IQ, if you don't understand that, oh but wait you are a Bama fan!!

So what about 1992? You saw Bama win the SEC championship but not the National Title? Do you realize how ridiculous your excuse is?

It seems to me that in a conservation about the best coach in the SEC one of the main criteria would be SEC hardware in the trophy case, not a mythical NC or BCS Championship.

Reactions: 1 person
Apparently LSU fans should be more proud of 2011 than Alabama fans. Huh, didn't know that.

I'm sure LSU fans are upset about getting beat by Bama in 2011, but they have the SEC hardware in the trophy case Bama does NOT. The first goal of every SEC team each year is to win the SEC Title, the BCS Title is the consolation prize.

It is changing a bit with the new playoff, as we're move toward a real champion in college football, but in the past the NC was just a bit more than a popularity contest.

Makes me throw up in my mouth to say this but... I agree with the bama guy on all this. Reading over his posts he never specifically attributed the 5 titles to Saban. Also agree with his assessment of the playoff scenario.

And now I need a shower.

Last edited:
I'm sure LSU fans are upset about getting beat by Bama in 2011, but they have the SEC hardware in the trophy case Bama does NOT. The first goal of every SEC team each year is to win the SEC Title, the BCS Title is the consolation prize.

It is changing a bit with the new playoff, as we're move toward a real champion in college football, but in the past the NC was just a bit more than a popularity contest.

I would take a Natty over an SECC every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Makes me throw up in my mouth to say this but... I agree with the bama guy on all this. Reading over his posts he never specifically attributed the 5 titles to Saban. Also agree with his assessment of the playoff scenario.

And now I need a shower.

Not if you consider the title of this thread, it's about the best coach in the SEC not the best team or how many titles his Bama has won.

He just can't admit that he can't count the number of titles that Bama has won, but what do you expect, he's a Bammer, they always have trouble counting titles!

Not if you consider the title of this thread, it's about the best coach in the SEC not the best team or how many titles his Bama has won.

He just can't admit that he can't count the number of titles that Bama has won, but what do you expect, he's a Bammer, they always have trouble counting titles!

So you don't think Saban is the best in the SEC??

Bama writer was referencing his own experiences, not attributing titles to Saban. Throughout his fandom he has watched his team win 5 titles.

The title of the thread is irrelevant.

Bama writer was referencing his own experiences, not attributing titles to Saban. Throughout his fandom he has watched his team win 5 titles.

The title of the thread is irrelevant.

Then there are two of y'all on the planet, maybe y'all should get with Forrest Gump and see what he thinks. LMAO!

My wife read his post and she said he was clearly referring to Saban and not Bama as he quoted my statement about Saban.

The title of the thread is relevant, it provides context for my statements.

Then there are two of y'all on the planet, maybe y'all should get with Forrest Gump and see what he thinks. LMAO!

My wife read his post and she said he was clearly referring to Saban and not Bama as he quoted my statement about Saban.

The title of the thread is relevant, it provides context for my statements.

Alright I am done beating this dead horse. Bama writer tried to tell you that you misconstrued what he said and I thought I was doing a public service by helping him explain. I'm not sure if you are being willfully ignorant simply because he is a Bammer or you really do not grasp, within context, what he is trying to say. You and the Mrs. have a nice evening.

Last edited:
Not me, I live in the South and what matters most is a SEC Title, but I'm old school when it comes to SEC Football.

Why does an SEC title mean more than a national championship? If that's the case then why isn't every teams goal to win a division title instead of a national title?

UF went undefeated under Spurrier in 1995, won the SEC title and got destroyed in the NC. So according to your logic, Spurrier reached his goal and the SEC title meant more than beating Nebraska and being the consensus national champion?

So you don't think Saban is the best in the SEC??

I think Spurrier is the best. He won at Duke, put Florida on the national stage and made a putrid South Carolina program a national power. If Spurrier isn't #1 then Saban is 1a and Spurrier is 1b. No doubt they are the class of the conference and nation.

Why does an SEC title mean more than a national championship? If that's the case then why isn't every teams goal to win a division title instead of a national title?

UF went undefeated under Spurrier in 1995, won the SEC title and got destroyed in the NC. So according to your logic, Spurrier reached his goal and the SEC title meant more than beating Nebraska and being the consensus national champion?

Reason and logic have no place here sir.

1. Saban - easy choice.
2. Malzahn - had to argue w/ results.
3. Richt - consistently a good coach.
4. Miles
5. Spurrier - washed up, old man.
6. Pinkel
7. Sumlin
8. Mullen - decent HC at an awful place.
9. Bielema - toss up w/ CBJ. Both unproven in SEC.
10. Jones - great recruiter, but must prove he can win in SEC.
11. Freeze - 9-11 are interchangeable IMO.
12. Muschamp - awful person and HC.
13. Stoops - unproven. Better pedigree so gets slight nod over Mason.
14. Mason - unproven.

Your are really reaching, this was a conversation about the best coach in the SEC, Not the best team, you must have about an 80 IQ, if you don't understand that, oh but wait you are a Bama fan!!

So what about 1992? You saw Bama win the SEC championship but not the National Title? Do you realize how ridiculous your excuse is?

It seems to me that in a conservation about the best coach in the SEC one of the main criteria would be SEC hardware in the trophy case, not a mythical NC or BCS Championship.

SEC: 1989, '92, '99, 2009, '12

National: 1992, 2009, '11, '12

How is this so hard for you?

Because the National Championship is a myth, qualifying for the game means the teams that get there won a popularity contest.

The SEC championship is won on the field, the SEC is easily the best conference in the country. Therefore, it's the best title in the land. The NC is a myth at best in college football.

SEC: 1989, '92, '99, 2009, '12

National: 1992, 2009, '11, '12

How is this so hard for you?

It's not for me, your the one with the problem, you said you watched him (Saban) win five SEC titles. I guess you finally did your homework. Good for you!

Alright I am done beating this dead horse. Bama writer tried to tell you that you misconstrued what he said and I thought I was doing a public service by helping him explain. I'm not sure if you are being willfully ignorant simply because he is a Bammer or you really do not grasp, within context, what he is trying to say. You and the Mrs. have a nice evening.

I did NOT misunderstand his comments, it's oblivious to most if not all that read it that he was referring to Saban and not Bama as he was quoting my statement about Saban. Bama was never mentioned in my statement.

As far as the beating the dead horse is concerned, I am throwing my pearls of wisdom to Bama swine. It's just part of being a Vol!

It's not for me, your the one with the problem, you said you watched him (Saban) win five SEC titles. I guess you finally did your homework. Good for you!

Again, quote the post where I said that. It shouldn't be difficult.

I did NOT misunderstand his comments, it's oblivious to most if not all that read it that he was referring to Saban and not Bama as he was quoting my statement about Saban. Bama was never mentioned in my statement.

As far as the beating the dead horse is concerned, I am throwing my pearls of wisdom to Bama swine. It's just part of being a Vol!

I was arguing with your take on the value of the SEC title, not the number of titles won by any particular coach. My statement was in plain English, and needed no contextual interpretation to understand its meaning.

I was arguing with your take on the value of the SEC title, not the number of titles won by any particular coach. My statement was in plain English, and needed no contextual interpretation to understand its meaning.

You quoted my statement about Saban. Saying your were referring to watching Bama win 5 SEC Championships in a discussion about the best coach is NOT logical, and it would add nothing to support the claim about Saban being the best coach in the SEC, or discrediting my claim that Spurrier is the beast coach because he has the SEC hardware that Saban does not have.

But, I guess expecting logic from a Bama troll is asking too much, isn't it?

VN Store

Back