SDS ranks the SEC coaches????

Spurrier probably isn't as good as he used to be. I think he really helped us in that win over them last year with all those timeouts he kept taking on that one possession. He looked like he had a huge Senior moment not really knowing what he wanted to do.

You quoted my statement about Saban. Saying your were referring to watching Bama win 5 SEC Championships in a discussion about the best coach is NOT logical, and it would add nothing to support the claim about Saban being the best coach in the SEC, or discrediting my claim that Spurrier is the beast coach because he has the SEC hardware that Saban does not have.

But, I guess expecting logic from a Bama troll is asking too much, isn't it?

Your opinion on Spurrier vs. Saban is fine. Spurrier's awesome.

Your reasoning is ridiculous. When you start arguing that winning the SEC is harder than the NC, and you are using Spurrier as an example of that, you aren't even bothering with logic.

Your opinion on Spurrier vs. Saban is fine. Spurrier's awesome.

Your reasoning is ridiculous. When you start arguing that winning the SEC is harder than the NC, and you are using Spurrier as an example of that, you aren't even bothering with logic.

Winning the national title takes less luck than it did in previous years because of the playoff. But the tide won two titles by backing in, especially the year they weren't good enough to play for the sec title. Can't you see that?:crazy:

Reactions: 1 person
Spurrier probably isn't as good as he used to be. I think he really helped us in that win over them last year with all those timeouts he kept taking on that one possession. He looked like he had a huge Senior moment not really knowing what he wanted to do.

Spurrier may not be what he once was, but he is still the best coach in the SEC. Senior moments excluded, he can still out coach everyone in the SEC including Saban. Spurrier is 3-1 against Saban in head to head match ups, and in his three wins against Saban, Spurrier's teams spanked Saban's teams.

Winning the national title takes less luck than it did in previous years because of the playoff. But the tide won two titles by backing in, especially the year they weren't good enough to play for the sec title. Can't you see that?:crazy:

Are you arguing with me, or trying to prove my point?

Don't try to educate him with logic, it won't work, I know, I have tried.

Don't try to educate him with logic, it won't work, I know, I have tried.

By the same token, tommy Tuberville was unbeaten in 2004 and didn't get a shot because SoCal and ou started out one and two and never lost. Mark Richt didn't go in 2002 with a great, one loss team because Miami and osu were unbeaten. Saban has been very,very,very lucky with two one loss teams, but no tide fan will admit it.:eek:lol:

My rankings fwiw:

1. Saban - perhaps the best college coach ever
2. Spurrier- anyone who can win at Duke is a miracle worker
3. Miles - consistently a good coach.
4. Malzahan - last year was not a fluke
5. Sumlin - once he finds the right guy on D can win a Natty
6. Richt - the vanilla ice cream coach. deserves some credit for being good but personifies the term "meh"
7. Mullen - decent coach stuck at the armpit of SEC jobs
8. Freeze - one good recruiting class. WIP. 7-12 all kinda sameish.
9. Bielema - Unproven in SEC.
10. Pinkel - seems very richtlike. not a compliment.
11. Jones - will rocket up this list over next 2 years
12. Muschamp - Dooley without the educational pressers. /sarc off
13. Stoops - praised for improved recruiting. still not SEC quality
14. Mason - hope he is better on the field than he is at the presser... for his sake

By the same token, tommy Tuberville was unbeaten in 2004 and didn't get a shot because SoCal and ou started out one and two and never lost. Mark Richt didn't go in 2002 with a great, one loss team because Miami and osu were unbeaten. Saban has been very,very,very lucky with two one loss teams, but no tide fan will admit it.:eek:lol:

Yes, and a team could bench their starters for five games every year and lose all five 70-0, and that team would need no "luck" to win the SEC. Yet an unbeaten team might still need "luck" to win the national title. That is exactly what I said earlier in the thread.

Last edited:

I agree, and Bama fans won't admit it either, but they are scared to death of facing a Spurrier coached team. Excluding 2009, Spurrier teams have dominated Saban coached teams in head to head match ups.

Very few times has a team won a Natty with out some luck. Clint Stoerner anyone? The luck arguement is weak.

Because the National Championship is a myth, qualifying for the game means the teams that get there won a popularity contest.

The SEC championship is won on the field, the SEC is easily the best conference in the country. Therefore, it's the best title in the land. The NC is a myth at best in college football.

its a myth.......to you. Recognized by every single entity as the crowning achievement of college football. Doesn't matter the process its that every school chooses that method to crown their champion. Every sport is different - different number of teams, different formats. In the end that sport determines its own way to crown their champ. Sorry your feelings are hurt over the way cfb determines their NC but there's no myth to it.

its a myth.......to you. Recognized by every single entity as the crowning achievement of college football. Doesn't matter the process its that every school chooses that method to crown their champion. Every sport is different - different number of teams, different formats. In the end that sport determines its own way to crown their champ. Sorry your feelings are hurt over the way cfb determines their NC but there's no myth to it.

He went with a dumb argument to make a case that he could have rationally made in several other ways. He simply doesn't want to cop to it. He knows full well that winning the SEC isn't harder or more significant than winning the NC.

When compared to a true playoff like the NFL or a tourney, such as in NCAA Basketball, it's a myth. Sneaking into a BCS title game after losing the SEC Championship in the regular season should never be allowed.

If you want a true National Champion crowned on the field then start with at least an 8 team playoff, automatic bids go to the big five conference champs, and three at large bids for the most deserving teams regardless of the conference. This is fair to every conference in college football. It won't be a perfect system, but it will be the closest that college football has ever seen.

When compared to a true playoff like the NFL or a tourney, such as in NCAA Basketball, it's a myth. Sneaking into a BCS title game after losing the SEC Championship in the regular season should never be allowed.

If you want a true National Champion crowned on the field then start with at least an 8 team playoff, automatic bids go to the big five conference champs, and three at large bids for the most deserving teams regardless of the conference. This is fair to every conference in college football. It won't be a perfect system, but it will be the closest that college football has ever seen.

I would also like to see a better system.

But a flawed system does not justify your position on the SEC vs the NC. Your position is still painfully absurd.

I would also like to see a better system.

But a flawed system does not justify your position on the SEC vs the NC. Your position is still painfully absurd.

Ok Forrest if you say so. Have you considered that your not intelligent enough to understand my argument? You have proven over and over again in this discussion that you are easily confused with logic.

Ok Forrest if you say so. Have you considered that your not intelligent enough to understand my argument? You have proven over and over again in this discussion that you are easily confused with logic.

Try presenting logic and we'll see what happens. I was educated in TN, so I should have at least a puncher's chance.

Let's start with your theory on it being harder to win the SEC.

His position is not painfully absurd. The merit to his position is that the SEC champion won the NC 7 years in a row. The only team that could break that streak might as well be a SEC team beacause that is what they emulated. That alone validates his position.

All this being said, I want the NC just like LSU did in 2011 but they got robbed when there first game was invalidated.

What is painfully absurd is some Bama fan camped out on a Tennessee board.

His position is not painfully absurd. The merit to his position is that the SEC champion won the NC 7 years in a row. The only team that could break that streak might as well be a SEC team beacause that is what they emulated. That alone validates his position.

All this being said, I want the NC just like LSU did in 2011 but they got robbed when there first game was invalidated.

What is painfully absurd is some Bama fan camped out on a Tennessee board.

The SEC champ did not win the title 7 years in a row.

Resorting to an ad hominem type of attack is generally the most sure sign that you're losing an arguement on merit.

VN Store

Back