The OFFICAL eat crow thread

Not eating crow...posted numerous times this would be blowout....we had 9 out of 11 on both sides of ball better players.

where are all the negavols who predicted upset or thought this would be a battle???

I actually looked at film of Chuckie and still don't know why anyone thought he was going to cause problems.

Suck it..bY8*^ches!!!

A dime + 50 at -4.5 = A dime in the bank....Thank you USU fans for keeping the line so close....

Reactions: 1 person
i am trying to engage those USU fans on SEC rivals(FB) that said Keeton would have his way and that Neyland wasn't intimidating. Hats off to those that made it there and made it loud!

I would really like to find the USU fan that boasted that we would only be the 4th or 5th hardest game on their schedule. I suspect he will be hard to find!!!

If you can't see major problems with our offensive line, like he is referring to, you are either dumber than a rock or absolutely blind.

Hmmm..or...why didn't we run Lane more or throw it to North more???

The line held up against exotic blitzes. these guys scheme really well.

I think biggest learning is when in doubt throw it to north.

I don't have major concerns about OLINE after this game. This was great test scheme wise for them.

The offensive line is easily the weakest unit on the team. I'm eager to see if they will improve in the coming weeks and how they will hold up against our toughest opponents.

I am personally very surprised at how well our defensive line played. This will be one of the best units in the country given a few years.

I believe I predicted a 34-21 win. Defense came out on fire! I had faith the offense was going to put up points.

I predicted 38-17 with Worley chunkin for 297. Gave USU O too much credit and Worleybird came up a little short at 279.

I ain't gonna lie. I never expected the defense to show up the way they did tonight. I am really glad they did! I did not expect Worley to play like he did either! I want my crow with mashed taters!

Didn't think I'd see a double reverse pass in the first game. This score could've been a lot worse. Defense looked good. The fans played a HUGE role. I don't think Butch is going to show his hand before the Oklahoma game

None of the USU fans have showed their faces yet... I doubt they will.

Why would we care? It is a bit tasteless to rub it in. They were scheduled as our home opener to take an ass whippin' and get a check.

Reactions: 4 people
OK, I wasn't expecting the defense to play the way they did. Tackling has improved and wrapping up. Finally, good to see that. It's been missing for the better part of a decade. Even special teams has greatly improved! Nice to see.

The offense as a whole put up some good numbers but there's still work to be done. Primarily, the running game (run blocking for the most part) and Worley connecting on mid-range to long passes down field. Consistently overthrowing his receivers.

I was hoping for a win and they delivered. Good to see them opening the season in a positive way against a quality opponent. However, as the season progresses, the schedule becomes more difficult. It will be interesting to see what they put together for ASU next Saturday morning.

VN Store

Back