The Power T is everywhere

Read again. The question was about Nike influencing sales.
The statement was about winning 10+ having an even greater effect.

You're right. I read it wrong. Is UT expecting a huge apparel push from switching to Nike? I'll buy it if I like but I'm not buying because of the brand.

Reactions: 1 person
You're right. I read it wrong. Is UT expecting a huge apparel push from switching to Nike? I'll buy it if I like but I'm not buying because of the brand.

All I can say is taken from "the sports source" so take it as you wish. They did say Nikes overall sales - per team- is greater. The initial rush to get "new gear" will have the greatest impact.

All I can say is taken from "the sports source" so take it as you wish. They did say Nikes overall sales - per team- is greater. The initial rush to get "new gear" will have the greatest impact.

That make sense. People (fans) will buy initially because of the hype. The success of the team will help keep the momentum going.

That make sense. People (fans) will buy initially because of the hype. The success of the team will help keep the momentum going.

Yeah, they (Sports source) actually did a small segment last week on ways to increase revenue. They brought up several ideas and if you are into that, worth checking out.

Beer sales etc. pros and cons. Just go to their site if interested. I believe most was in the "overtime segment".

What does Nike have to do with UT winning 10+ games per year? If UT is consistently in the mix they could be sponsored by Pic-N-Pay Cuga's and they'll rank high in merchandise sales.

I don't know what your asking? Im saying with this being the first year in our new Nike contract thousands of Vols will buy new merchandise I don't know one vol that haven't said he's no going to go and get a new nike shirt or hat when it's available. I was also saying another reason for us to jump up in the rankings is if we start winning more games

I don't know what your asking? Im saying with this being the first year in our new Nike contract thousands of Vols will buy new merchandise I don't know one vol that haven't said he's no going to go and get a new nike shirt or hat when it's available. I was also saying another reason for us to jump up in the rankings is if we start winning more games

Never mind I just read the comments above

Last edited:
Speaking of the power T, I wandered into a small sports shop in Huntersville, NC because the woman had the UT flag flying outside her shop. Looked around, bought some UT stuff, and while I was checking out I asked about something I was looking for that she didn't have in UT. The woman answered 'yeah the UT stuff sells out quick here, you've got to come in right after I order it to get what you want.' Yep, Tennessee is back.

Reactions: 3 people
I guess I will hafta break out the Nike hat I traded for from my brother back in the day. And yes it does have the power T. GO VOLS!

Getting ready to leave for vacation in the am and over half of what I am taking is orange. Go Vols!

I don't go any longer than a week without seeing a Power T in somebody's car window here in Fort Collins, Colorado. A couple of weeks ago, I was walking around downtown Indianapolis and saw a stuffed Power T in the window of someone's office. We Volunteers are well represented all across this country. In addition, when I wear Orange as I travel (which I do proudly) I always get positive comments from everyone that remarks about the Vols. The only time I hear anything negative is normally from another SEC rival and that is always in jest and of the friendly rivalry nature. It is GREAT to be a Tennessee Volunteer and a native Tennessean!

We were at Myrtle Beach one year playing golf. Looked across the fairway to another hole
and seen these guys with UT hats. I got closer and it was guys I went to high school with..
LOL You never know who you will run into these days.

wore it in Ireland, got several Go Vols, at one local establishment the bar keeper said something about Texas. I thought I should correct him regarding the color of orange.....Three hours later we were singing Rocky Top as he put me in the cab, but I bet he knows what Big Orange Country is all about.

Reactions: 1 person
Funny thing happened to me in alabamer. As a retired army aviator got to do a couple of tours at FT. Rucker AL. When I graduated flight school my parents and grandmother came to the graduation. This was in November so every red neck alabama deer hunter was out driving around in their pick up truck and orange hat and orange hunting attire. Well my grandmom noted this and commented that she was surprised at all the UT fans here in Alabama. When I went home for Christmas she was telling everyone at the X-mas dinner about all the UT fans in bama! We never told her they were just hunters so she went to her grave thinking about all the UT fans in Alabama.....GO BIG ORANGE!

Funny thing happened to me in alabamer. As a retired army aviator got to do a couple of tours at FT. Rucker AL. When I graduated flight school my parents and grandmother came to the graduation. This was in November so every red neck alabama deer hunter was out driving around in their pick up truck and orange hat and orange hunting attire. Well my grandmom noted this and commented that she was surprised at all the UT fans here in Alabama. When I went home for Christmas she was telling everyone at the X-mas dinner about all the UT fans in bama! We never told her they were just hunters so she went to her grave thinking about all the UT fans in Alabama.....GO BIG ORANGE!

As a Tennessee fan who was in the military, and stationed in Alabama, I did not think you post was funny! On the other hand, it was pretty good!

Went to Panama City Beach a few weeks ago and saw a couple handful, then turned around and went to Vegas for work and saw a few more handfuls.

In the Piedmont Triad area of central North Carolina (Winston-Salen, Greensboro, High Point), I see several Power T's ever day driving back and forth to work. Seriously, it is not unusual to see almost as many as Wake or NC State.

Had to go to Nashville today, while I was there, ate at Martin's BBQ (awesome) and saw the Power F, reminded me of Alabama, almost got sick!

Attachments

• 20150629_124225.jpg
    20150629_124225.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1
Just got back from a much needed vacation in dirty myrtle beach, South Carolina. Although there weren't quite as many Tennessee fans as gamecocks, you would be surprised at the amount of Tennessee fans that approached me in my big orange bucket hat

Not sure if its true or not but my wife said she read somewhere that Tennessee is the only team that has stores dedicated solely to just its merchandise in other states

There were quite a few in Indianapolis when I lived there...currently reside in a little burg just west of Bloomington, IN.

Actually got tix given to me for an IU game last year, went reppin' the T and was surprised at how many GO VOLS I got...see a few in Bloomington.

VN Store

Back