• 3. Not Sure Yet

Votes: 260 33.8%
  • 4. Displeased

Votes: 38 4.9%
  • 5. Very Displeased

Votes: 28 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It goes without saying that Summitt would not be as dominant today as she was back in the day. She coached when the sport was embryonic--and took advantage of that. There were fewer teams, FAR less competition, far fewer good players. Indeed, she was less dominant her last 10 years. Wasn't Geno 4-0 against her/us in NCAA titles games? Sad to say, I think he was--and she struggled with the offensive side of the game. Her success was much like Anson Dorrance's success in soccer at UNC--won a ton of titles in the early days of collegiate soccer--and while his teams are still very good, it's been a while since the Heels won a national title, though they've been close a lot. Wooden at UCLA coached at time when collegiate basketball was still pretty young and far different from the game we see now. UCLA hasn't been the same since he retired long ago, though they've had a handful of good teams and have won at least one post-Wooden national title. We'd still be strong if Summitt were still around--but surely not dominant. Look at Geno and UConn: still very good but no longer dominant.
Exactly. Pretty sure you're right about Geno against Pat, and I remember thinking at the time that Geno's teams were significantly better offensively than Pat's.

Exactly. Pretty sure you're right about Geno against Pat, and I remember thinking at the time that Geno's teams were significantly better offensively than Pat's.
The second of the 3 in a row titles in the 90's was Pat's biggest win vs. Geno that I remember. The LVs had a lousy regular season and played an undefeated UConn team in the Elite Eight, and beat them.

I am not sure at this time but believe in giving Kim a chance. I want to see how she puts her staff together, how she recruits both the portal and high school, and if her offense and defense will work against top level D1 talent. Immediately, I would like to see how she uses the portal to supplement and improve the present group of players we have.

I believe we should support her and quit being negative until we get a reasonable sample size of what Kim can do. Her history, though lower than D1 power 5, has been undeniably outstanding.

With all due respect, your posting pattern is that of a "tedious, toxic, twat" (thank you brainyquote.com!!!)

My boredom tolerance has been reached and I will not be seeing any more of your "contributions" to the board. Feel free to reciprocate.
I give you credit for lasting this long, it was a valiant effort. God speed! Give Lucy my best in the blocking room.
1712707776091.gif

Reactions: butchna
Will be interesting to see the non conference schedule next season. Are we locked in to any home/away series? Maybe she can schedule the same teams as Mulkey for non conference.
Oh my. I hadn't even thought about scheduling! 😲 In about 6 months Kim may have to schedule a re-introductory presser so that she can be reintroduced to her husband. She is going to be extremely busy for a while. Hope our training staff keeps a close eye on her to make sure she's eating right, resting enough, etc.

True. I could be wrong but maybe MTSU? With having Oklahoma and Texas joining, we’ll have plenty to have a strong SOS.
Yeah the SEC goes crazy… so we know how the games will work next year? No home and homes? Or only your main rival?

Bc sheeeeesh. That honestly how Ole Miss finished ahead of us no LSU Us or SC twice. LAME

MTSU was a one off… I think. Memphis was a home and home so we travel

I feel like Stanford owes us a game too. Idk, Brian Rice was tweeting with us about this at one point. Will report back if I find it.
Fr I change my mind I don’t care what the roster looks like I want ALL THE SMOKE. Stop hiding Tara 😠

True. I could be wrong but maybe MTSU? With having Oklahoma and Texas joining, we’ll have plenty to have a strong SOS.
I was wrong! Colorado, not Stanford, owes us a game, and we were (are?) planning to resume our home and home with UConn per Maria and Brian Rice on twitter about a month ago.

I was wrong! Colorado, not Stanford, owes us a game, and we were (are?) planning to resume our home and home with UConn per Maria and Brian Rice on twitter about a month ago.
So non con commitments

Florida State
Iowa
Memphis
OSU
ND
ACC/SEC CHALLENGE
Thanksgiving Tournament (possibly out of country?)

Stanford*
Uconn*
MTSU*
Colorado*

*paused/possible

Well I think Colorado lost half their team lol If we picked up UConn that would be playing the top 4 in the way too early rankings. 5 of the top 7 with LSU. 8 in total.

Reactions: brittannica
Well I think Colorado lost half their team lol If we picked up UConn that would be playing the top 4 in the way too early rankings. 5 of the top 7 with LSU. 8 in total.
Yeah, lol, my partner said well guess we’re missing the tournament.

Reactions: vols90

VN Store

Back