Tony B says Butch "got blown up over DeBord"

If Tony B says it, it cannot be true. Trying to be a player in UT Athletics but just makes stuff up.

I won't comment on your post because Freak will kick me off again!

I am like P. Williams, solid orange!!!

Go Vols!!!

The "Big Money Donors" are not just your normal fan. They actually have almost as much pull as the AD himself. People like Jim Thorton and Charlie Ergen have quite a bit of influence. They essentially are the driving parts behind the money for improvements and other things.

No they don't. We are donors. On a much smaller scale, but we are donors.

They really don't have the "pull" you all think. lol.

Maybe, maybe, maybe when it comes to the head coaching search....maybe....but that's only if some half ass AD listens to their opinion and makes a decision based on it.........

When it comes to assistant coaches, absolutely NO way. NONE what so ever. NO WAY!!!!!!

Last edited:
"Dictated" is exactly what his over dramatized post implied.

This whole OC search is fan soap opera BS.
No it isn't. Everyone here would be happy with anyone of of about a dozen or more prospects. DeBord isn't one of those. He's only ever coached a Pro style offense...that is strike one. He's not been a coordinator for 7 long yrs, and was never really a hot commodity when he was.

Reactions: 3 people
You need to read my post better, I simply said some on here are the sameones who were defending dooley by saying sunseri was forced on him by hart. They are now saying no way Hart could block Jones from hiring anyone he wanted. I never said it was true:hi:

Ah, my apologies then.

I just think that if Hart was meddling like some believe, we would see a situation like Wisconsin. That is a meddling AD, you see none of those signals nor signs here. Jones could've and would've been out the door if Hart were trying to control staff decisions.

No they don't. We are donars. On a much smaller scale, but we are donars.

Maybe, maybe, maybe when it comes to the head coaching search....maybe....but that's only if some half ass AD listens to their opinion and makes a decision based on it.........

When it comes to assistant coaches, absolutely NO way. NONE what so ever. NO WAY!!!!!!

Okay. Whatever you say man. If you think the AD does not listen to their input you are mistaken. Between the 2 that I mentioned donate or have donated more to this University then alot of others have. Ever heard of the Thornton center. I believe we all have. I am done with this convo

Yeah, the same boosters who signed off on the Dooley hire are going to actually get upset by this hire.

Really?

I don't agree with you often but you're dead right on this one. If boosters had a big say, someone would've probably kicked Hamilton's door down when rumors about Dooley circulated.

Reactions: 1 person
No they don't. We are donars. On a much smaller scale, but we are donars.

*donors.. Couldn't resist..

No it isn't. Everyone here would be happy with anyone of of about a dozen or more prospects. DeBord isn't one of those. He's only ever coached a Pro style offense...that is strike one. He's not been a coordinator for 7 long yrs, and was never really a hot commodity when he was.

FWIW, Butch created his offense when he was OC at Central Michigan under Debord. So Debord is quite familiar with the offense and understands it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Ah, my apologies then.

I just think that if Hart was meddling like some believe, we would see a situation like Wisconsin. That is a meddling AD, you see none of those signals nor signs here. Jones could've and would've been out the door if Hart were trying to control staff decisions.

Im not saying it is true, but then again it makes me wonder just a little because harts a$$ is on the line too here. He's got CDT who he hired being looked into by the NCAA which may or may not end well. Then you got CBJ who Hart also hired making the most important decision he's made since he's been at UT. Also Hart is catching a little heat over the Lady Vols deal, I'm not saying he's on the chopping block just yet but he's damn near close. That would be the only reason I would believe he would want to have involvement.

FWIW, Butch created his offense when he was OC at Central Michigan under Debord. So Debord is quite familiar with the offense and understands it.
Butch's current offensive system was largely developed under Rich Rodriguez, while at WVU. Try again.

Listen in, starting the 1st segment, starting about the 44 min mark:

The Tony Basilio Show

He says when word was going around that DeBord was the OC, that the Big Money donors "blew him up over the weekend." Could be them just letting him know the fan reaction and how abysmal it would have been.

Really? We get it, dude.

I'm guessing you think that your anti Debord campaign on a message board is the "fan reaction" you're talking about? Sorry, dude but you're just not that important.

Delusional

Alright, let's end the "DeBord made Butch's offense" narrative right now. He was on Rich Rodriguez's staff at WVU in 2005/2006, tweaked his own offense in accordance with RR, and what he runs now is a RR spread. That's why every darned Arizona offensive coach is rumored for the OC position - because it's the same offense.

If Butch's offense was made by DeBord, we'd be running I-form every play.

Butch's current offensive system was largely developed under Rich Rodriguez, while at WVU. Try again.

Largely? Can you define that?

I honestly didn't watch any Central Michigan football from 2002-2004, but my comment was from a discussion Hubbs had on the radio this morning. He claims Butch first created his offense at CMU when he was OC under Debord. Butch was WR coach at WVU after that in 2005-06.

So you're saying Butch's offense at CMU from 02-04 when he was OC had no impact on his offense today and that his system was solely derived afterward when he was WR coach at WVU? What offense did he run from 02-04?

The high-powered DeBord offense never averaged more than 23 PPG at CMU, by the way.

There are some wrinkles left over - the zone blocking schemes, the pointless runs up the middle with an inexperienced line. But what I'm seeing is much more RR than DeBord.

I am guessing you did not watch the film of Michigan v Florida in the bowl game. Debord installed an offense that looks VERY similar to what we run and did so in just 1 month leading up to the bowl game. Acting like Debord would be some lost puppy running around with no idea how our offense works is complete ignorance.

Alright, let's end the "DeBord made Butch's offense" narrative right now. He was on Rich Rodriguez's staff at WVU in 2005/2006, tweaked his own offense in accordance with RR, and what he runs now is a RR spread. That's why every darned Arizona offensive coach is rumored for the OC position - because it's the same offense.

If Butch's offense was made by DeBord, we'd be running I-form every play.

Just for clarification, Hubbs' comment was something along the lines of Butch first created his offense with Debord under Debord at CMU. He didn't say it was made by Debord.

Like I said, I honestly have no idea what offense CMU ran from 02-04.

I would love for it to be Tee Martin just so I can sit back and watch a bunch of Tee - hating jack wagons try to reverse course and give him a hero's welcome

Tee Martin would be a good hire HOWEVER what would Hurd say when he is hired? Remember when Hurd signed with us, Martin was heard saying that USC didn't want Hurd anyway because he was SOFT.

I don't agree with you often but you're dead right on this one. If boosters had a big say, someone would've probably kicked Hamilton's door down when rumors about Dooley circulated.

We were in a pretty desperate place when Dooley was hired...We got turned down by Troy Calhoun!....the Air Force HC and popular character on the Simpsons! Our boosters are rich and have power over people's lives, but they are normal fans and probably weren't feeling too emboldened. :pinch:

Really? We get it, dude.

I'm guessing you think that your anti Debord campaign on a message board is the "fan reaction" you're talking about? Sorry, dude but you're just not that important.

Delusional
LOL....you funny, mane.

tumblr_nfpoxvm4lw1smmsbuo2_400.gif

It isn't just me that thinks it's a bad idea. Check the threads here and the other forums too.

VN Store

Back