⚽️ Lady Vols Soccer

What players did Pensky grab on his way out? To include incoming recruits? I beg yer pardon to whoever answers… I just got home from a Christmas celebration… 🍾 🤣
If I remember correctly, it was very sudden and didn’t really give much time for players to make a move because the portal was just about to close.
The only players that transferred from the 2021 SEC Tournament Championship Team were.
Isabella Cook Junior-Marquette
Cariel Ellis Junior-Lamar
Emmy Schleifer Freshman-FAU
But I’m pretty sure all 3 had announced it before Pensky left.

After the 2022 season, two left for FSU
Huff and Rain both sophomores
Additionally Layla Shell a freshman left for Brown and Tierney Bailey also a freshman left for Utah Valley.
Ainsley Loyd, Freshman stayed at Tennessee but left the team.

Edit.. Ava Weimer also a Freshman stayed at UT but left the team.

Last edited:
I listened to interview with Dorrance after what I think was their first NCAA win a couple of weeks ago. He's still quite sharp for a guy who's coached as long as he has. For all the comments about him and the program, UNC has been to the College Cup three of the last five years--and has been in the championship game twice. He (and everybody) else have been chasing FSU the last few years, so that's a change for him and his program, but they are still elite, obviously. In fact, he's had so many good players on his roster that roster management--and team continuity--has been a bit of a challenge. He has talented freshman come in, start, play well, make the ACC All Freshman team--and the next year they're playing reduced minutes and coming off the bench because another talented freshmen came in and took her starting spot. In any case, I suspect he'll continue to coach for at least another year or two. There's no doubt that he'd like to go out with another national title.

They had a 5th year in the portal who plays the 6, and plays it very well, whom it would have been great to land---but she's opted for Wake Forest.
I can't intelligently argue against your points or UNC's record; that's for sure. I'm glad to see that many programs have significantly improved since UNC/Darrance's birth and thus, broadened opportunity for these athletes and forced programs to think outside the box related to recruiting. Well- until the NCAA added the 5th year nonsense 😀🙄😬!

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD
Not all successful assistant coaches have what it takes to become successful head coaches. Our soccer program is an example of what can happen when you make an “easy” promotion rather than an exacting search. I think this team will be an SEC also ran for the foreseeable future without a change.

I’m curious if any of y’all have any women’s pro teams that you follow?
Yes! I follow the NWSL broadly, but the NC Courage are my team. I also follow the Oakland Soul, a USL team, who our own Nayelia Diaz played for. I would love to get into the WSL, but i’m my brightest in the morning so that’s chores/work time typically. Curious to see who and what others follow.

Reactions: MAD
Yes! I follow the NWSL broadly, but the NC Courage are my team. I also follow the Oakland Soul, a USL team, who our own Nayelia Diaz played for. I would love to get into the WSL, but i’m my brightest in the morning so that’s chores/work time typically. Curious to see who and what others follow.

I did not understand why Diaz did not play more for us this year. It was another of the Kirt decisions that seemed to make little sense. Kirt was inexplicably fond of senior Nelson at right wing--just as he was inexplicably fond of her at wingback the year before--despite the fact that she didn't have enough speed or dynamism to be effective as a wide forward--and she wasn't effective. Diaz was/is faster than Nelson, might have offered more, actually scored a goal in SEC play, which Nelson didn't do, but he never gave her the minutes to really show out. In the two SEC games where she played the most, she was bright. She might have been upgrade if he'd started her or at least let her play a half, and there was no risk involved--only potential gain, as far as I could see. He didn't do it--didn't try it. It's decisions like this (and there have been more than a few)--and the performance/results falloff that has accompanied them--that has me and others asking questions.

As for what teams I follow, I'm a huge fan of the Dutch women's national team and the Dutch players on it, so I tend to follow those teams that have good Dutch players. For a time that was Arsenal, and it still is to an extent--but I'm po'd that the coach moved Meidema--proflic goal-scoring center-forward--from that position to attacking mid, and then she blew a knee and is only now starting to play again. Arsenal has another Dutch player, Pelova, who is quite good.

I've lately been paying more attention to ManCity---some excellent players including our own Bunny Shaw and another talented Dutch player, Jill Roord. I also follow Lyon a bit (Van de Donk--Dutch!) and PSG (two very good Dutch players--Groenen and Martins). So I'm all over the map!

There was a time when I followed the NWSL somewhat closely but the game aren't readily available for viewing and so I mainly watch highlights once in while. Some good teams in the NWSL.

Reactions: brittannica and MAD
I really enjoy watching the women’s World Cup and the Euros and Olympics.
I’ve not gotten into the NWSL although I root for former Vols. Same goes for the USL and WPSL, I like to see how our current Vols are playing. There is a new pro league that will be starting in 2024 called the USL Super League that is supposed to compete directly with the NWSL. I’m looking forward to it since Tampa Bay(Where I live) is gonna get a team.
IMG_5179.jpegIMG_5180.jpeg

I support Arsenal in the WSL, they are a great team at the moment and just beat a really good Chelsea team 4-1 in front of a sold out Emirates Stadium.

I read that Arsenal are probably gonna get the England goalkeeper Mary Earps from Manchester United.

Reactions: brittannica

VN Store

Back