10% "Talent Fee" added to ticket prices in 2025

So over the 7 game home schedule, that's about 1860 tickets per game. Or 1.8% of the capacity of Neyland.

I’m pretty sure that they’re talking about 13,000 season tickets. While Danny White is claiming that there’s a waiting list of 15,000 to artificially stir up the demand.

In reality, the athletic department operates with a huge surplus. But technically, they’ve already figured out how it will be spent or allocated, so on paper it will be around break even every year.

There is no standard with the accounting. Each school with a surplus will find somewhere to stash it. Reporting huge surpluses is a bad look when squeezing every last dollar that they can out of their customers.
I own a business. I get it. It’s always better to spend other departments money than your own. It’s always better to spend money on you and code it other places on the PL. however, when they sat down in what I imagine was October or November to forecast for the next year, I highly doubt the profit box in excel started with a 0.

I’m pretty sure that they’re talking about 13,000 season tickets. While Danny White is claiming that there’s a waiting list of 15,000 to artificially stir up the demand.
Yes, I think it's 13,000 season tickets. That is accurate, making people fear to give up their tickets
Think car salesmen.

fTElfj.gif

That math doesn't work. With 71,000 season tickets already sold, 11,500 for students, 8,000 for SEC visitor allotment, a couple hundred for players' families, about 500 for the POTS, and all the other tickets that go to recruits, UTAD staff, coaches' families and the allotment the Chancellor, President, alumni office & UT Foundation also get for fundraising/PR, that accounts for probably something in the mid 90s.

There aren't enough seats in Neyland for another 13,0000 season tickets to be sold to brokers.

I get the feeling that TN’s fans are the guinea pig for the rest of college football. Among the largest revenue programs, we have the most starved fans in wanting to see our team win. We’ll put up with more than just about anyone else with lower expectations than a school like OSU or LSU.

Reactions: dalton_vol
That math doesn't work. With 71,000 season tickets already sold, 11,500 for students, 8,000 for SEC visitor allotment, a couple hundred for players' families, about 500 for the POTS, and all the other tickets that go to recruits, UTAD staff, coaches' families and the allotment the Chancellor, President, alumni office & UT Foundation also get for fundraising/PR, that accounts for probably something in the mid 90s.

There aren't enough seats in Neyland for another 13,0000 season tickets to be sold to brokers.
Unless the 13K is included in the 71K

Reactions: Thunder Good-Oil
So are we going to get betterGames? Since we have to pay more. I think paying $200 a ticket for Kent State is not worth the money.
It's a good question.
If you could hypothetically schedule teams ranked 1-7 for 7 home games, would you?

What if UT went 3-4 and cost themselves an opportunity for playoffs? Would you still want home games worth the money?

It's a good question.
If you could hypothetically schedule teams ranked 1-7 for 7 home games, would you?

What if UT went 3-4 and cost themselves an opportunity for playoffs? Would you still want home games worth the money?

It's a good question.

If we went three-four with the money we are paying, head should roll. I'm not saying we need toSchedule top 10 teams for non-conference gamesBut kent States and New Mexico States need to go

The math works perfectly when the 13,000 sold to ticket brokers are included in the 71,000.

Reactions: tbwhhs and DC_Vol
The math works perfectly when the 13,000 sold to ticket brokers are included in the 71,000.
You've convinced me. Danny White is obviously a Bama plant just like Pruitt was and he should be immediately fired. His tenure here has been nothing but a complete disaster. He is the devil incarnate.

Reactions: Old Man Orange
I always wondered why they don't just sell more season tickets... but I know there's a problem with people buying tickets to resell to make money

because those are allocated.

Around 15K go to students.\

5 to 10K go to visiting teams depending on contracts.

Football gets 2-3K for recruiting, player families and administrative staff including athletic department staff

Doesn't leave room for season tickets.

Reactions: CPA

I think the 13K is part of the 71K would be the point. I don't know the validity of TBs claim although he does have a lot of outstanding sources...

You've convinced me. Danny White is obviously a Bama plant just like Pruitt was and he should be immediately fired. His tenure here has been nothing but a complete disaster. He is the devil incarnate.

Quite a reach by you because my posts aren’t indicating that I’m falling for the UTAD BS. Actually you sound a lot like a Danny White plant.

I think the 13K is part of the 71K would be the point. I don't know the validity of TBs claim although he does have a lot of outstanding sources...

TB has that local ticket broker that advertises with him. Clark at Select Ticket Service maybe? Plus a couple of B or C list donors as his sources.

Basilio said if the local brokers don’t use the 2 bigger brokers that have partnered with UT, they can invalidate the tickets that they resell on their own.

VN Store

Back