10% "Talent Fee" added to ticket prices in 2025

Why can’t they take 10% of what we already pay and give it to the players? Why do we have to cover this extra 10%. It’s BS we should be rioting at Greg schiano levels over this

Because calling 2/3rds of the 15% bump in ticket prices money for the players gets good publicity nationally. It also takes some of the anger out of the fan narrative.

Reactions: tbwhhs
because those are allocated.

Around 15K go to students.\

5 to 10K go to visiting teams depending on contracts.

Football gets 2-3K for recruiting, player families and administrative staff including athletic department staff

Doesn't leave room for season tickets.
That still leaves like 75kish but I get it.

LOL. It's like I said in the other thread. When Danny White says "revenue," he means us. He means our money. A never-ending escalation of expenses and fees. Every interaction an opportunity to charge. A truly corporate and professional sports mindset.

This is spot on. If you think this is a one off, or a rare thing, you are naive to the other degree. UT will not be alone in this, though you may be among the first to designate a specific part of a ticket price to paying players.

I'd have said this is the beginning of the end of college football, but it's more like 80 percent in the grave and this is just another step closer to the dirt.

This is spot on. If you think this is a one off, or a rare thing, you are naive to the other degree. UT will not be alone in this, though you may be among the first to designate a specific part of a ticket price to paying players.

I'd have said this is the beginning of the end of college football, but it's more like 80 percent in the grave and this is just another step closer to the dirt.

What does this mean? What does the end of CFB look like? You mean that it literally won't exist?

80% of the way there? What's the Mayan calendar say?

Reactions: McDad
What does this mean? What does the end of CFB look like? You mean that it literally won't exist?

80% of the way there? What's the Mayan calendar say?

What is college football now? What does it have to do with college other than a team being housed there ? It has no connection to the university now.

How long until someone comes along with 18 to 22 year old, paid well, and says we want in. You have to play us despite no affiliation with any university, or we will sue you, your conference, the networks, and the NCAA into oblivion?

I think the 13K is part of the 71K would be the point. I don't know the validity of TBs claim although he does have a lot of outstanding sources...
Here are the season ticket sales over the past decade as reported by News Sentinel. Are all of these inflated also by Danny White?

• 2015: 67,257 (Jones)

• 2016: 73,116 (Jones)

• 2017: 69,073 (Jones)

• 2018: 65,435 (Pruitt)

• 2019: 62,560 (Pruitt)

• 2020: Limited capacity due to pandemic (Pruitt)

• 2021: 52,236 (Heupel)

• 2022: 61,490 (Heupel)

• 2023: 70,500 (Heupel)

• 2024: 70,500 (Heupel)

If there is conspiracy to sell 13,000 of the season ticket inventory to brokers, then the real number of season tickets sold 57,500. How does that make any sense when compared to the past history of season ticket sales? Or did this also happen under Fulmer, Currie, and Hamilton?

What is college football now? What does it have to do with college other than a team being housed there ? It has no connection to the university now.

How long until someone comes along with 18 to 22 year old, paid well, and says we want in. You have to play us despite no affiliation with any university, or we will sue you, your conference, the networks, and the NCAA into oblivion?
giphy (5).gif

So the death of college football means the end of your perception that there is a connection between the university and the team.

Nothing is stopping that same hypothetical team from suing the NFL or CFB teams (when they were associated with a university in your perception)...what would be the grounds for the suit? I assume you have some legal code you can share that indicates there is a qualitative difference between pro leagues, college leagues, and college leagues that are loosely affiliated with universities? They're treated differently under the law in a way that makes them specifically vulnerable to this type of suit? Please explain.

Reactions: McDad
Here are the season ticket sales over the past decade as reported by News Sentinel. Are all of these inflated also by Danny White?

• 2015: 67,257 (Jones)

• 2016: 73,116 (Jones)

• 2017: 69,073 (Jones)

• 2018: 65,435 (Pruitt)

• 2019: 62,560 (Pruitt)

• 2020: Limited capacity due to pandemic (Pruitt)

• 2021: 52,236 (Heupel)

• 2022: 61,490 (Heupel)

• 2023: 70,500 (Heupel)

• 2024: 70,500 (Heupel)

If there is conspiracy to sell 13,000 of the season ticket inventory to brokers, then the real number of season tickets sold 57,500. How does that make any sense when compared to the past history of season ticket sales? Or did this also happen under Fulmer, Currie, and Hamilton?

IMO, attendance numbers / ticket sales typically are inflated. At one time, UT counted everyone in the stadium as attending, even coaches, players, concessions, etc. I think many schools did and probably still do.

If TB info is correct, the numbers this year are not inflated. Tickets sold as season package.

Last edited:
Reactions: tbwhhs
So the death of college football means the end of your perception that there is a connection between the university and the team.

Nothing is stopping that same hypothetical team from suing the NFL or CFB teams (when they were associated with a university in your perception)...what would be the grounds for the suit? I assume you have some legal code you can share that indicates there is a qualitative difference between pro leagues, college leagues, and college leagues that are loosely affiliated with universities? They're treated differently under the law in a way that makes them specifically vulnerable to this type of suit? Please explain.

I'm not aware of any other than that historically we all recognized a distinction between the two.

A line blurring even more every day.

Ticket master is the problem IMO. Can't get a ticket for face value anymore. Or am I missing something? Ticket master is face value now? All I know is the prices are too high.

What will happen is the courts will declare players are employees of the schools. That's already in the court system and certain to win, especially after the court settlement that schools start revenue sharing with players.

Obviously, the players are becoming employees. At that point, why should they go to classes? Does the school make most employees go to classes? Do the maintenance staff have to attend classes? Why should those employed as athletes have to go to class? Where's the logic that you can employ an athlete to do a job at the school AND force them to attend classes?

Then the university essentially owns several pro franchises. Football, baseball, basketball, etc.

What DOES that have to do with the university?

You think about how prices are out of control already I know a lot of fans work at factories busting their as what how many days of work do they need to pay for a single ticket a single game much less season tickets.

It sucks to pay more.. but I find it funny how much bad press this is getting when every other major school is going to do the same thing whether they say that's what the price hike is for or not

It sucks to pay more.. but I find it funny how much bad press this is getting when every other major school is going to do the same thing whether they say that's what the price hike is for or not

My buddy is season ticket holder/booster at FSU and he said his two seats are going up like $1600/yr and they're also asking for a one time capital investment. He said they're not being specific that it goes to players abd for all he knows, it's just going to renovations....and they gotta eat that for dessert after a main course that's started 0-3 😆

Reactions: Volbrando
So are we going to get betterGames? Since we have to pay more. I think paying $200 a ticket for Kent State is not worth the money.

Related, I heard some radio conversation yesterday of an interview of some sports talk guy in Knoxville yesterday -- could not tell you who - and the discussion was about what the fans would expect in return for the ticket increase. Apparently, this 10% is in addition to another 4 % increase that is already scheduled.

So, what happens if there is a drop off in a given year, or if the NL process says it needs more money to pay the players UT wants next year? The whole thing was focused on how the fans would react, and i think its a fair question because the boosters are used to paying for facilities, or perhaps coaches or what have you, and they cannot realistically be expected to pay the freight, or not all of it anyway, for NIL.

One way or another, the fans will end up paying for it, and the best mechanism the schools have -- really the only one they can realistically count on with some reliability -- is ticket sales, not merchandise or the like.

As I said the other day, everyone will have to do this, you are just first to do so and specify X dollars is going to NIL.

Reactions: Volbrando

VN Store

Back