'12 TN RB Jovon Robinson

If it was me id get Cross to look elsewhere. But I'm not really sure what our staff would do, seeing that RB won't be the biggest of needs in this class, especially if we already have 2 (Robinson and Kimbrow)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I agree we are in pretty good shape as it is with rb's not that we couldn't use some in this class but we do have greater needs elsewhere like DL, LB, OL.....

take all 3. we want better depth there and Cross is a very good LB so he could always move if it doesn't work out at RB.

having said that, i don't think we would get all 3. i do think Cross would look elsewhere, but it wouldn't be because we turned him away.

Thanks LV always enjoy your insight.:good!:

Stone in '10
Richardson, Clear, and Tino in '11
Kimbrow, Redmond, Jelks, Robinson in '12

gradually locking down the western half of the state :good!:

Believe this kid is really good friends with Clear. Might be wrong though.

I dont know how close they are but I do know that Tino & Clear both know Redmond, Kimbrow, & Robinson & have talked to them before on a few occasions.

Believe this kid is really good friends with Clear. Might be wrong though.

i don't know how good of friends they are, but they definitely know each other well at the very least.

i dunno if you remember this, but last spring Tennessee put together a 7on7 team and took them to at least 2 of those BadgerSports 7on7 camps. these camps are where Cam Clear started to blow up and where Jaiari Dunaway's name first appeared.

anyways, on that team was Clear, Dunaway, Robinson, Kimbrow, and Nathan Cole Jr. i'm not sure who the other guys on it were, but i know those 5 were on it for sure.

here is a link from one of those events: http://tennessee.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1078640

Cross had an offer months before Robinson, that should tell you all you need to know about whether or not the staff will tell him to look elsewhere iyam jmho tho.

Cross was considered a top recruit for the entire class before his injury. Kind of a Marlin Lane situation.

Thats why I have a hard time believing that CDD would ask him to look elsewhere if we happen to be able to get kimbro and Robinson. He seem like we got a good one n Cross.

Cross was considered a top recruit for the entire class before his injury. Kind of a Marlin Lane situation.

Kind of like Marlin Lane but Lane his junior year was the best back in Florida and a top 5 back in the country. How Cross does his senior season will determine his fate.

Thats why I have a hard time believing that CDD would ask him to look elsewhere if we happen to be able to get kimbro and Robinson. He seem like we got a good one n Cross.

They just don't accept commitments lightly. The only reason that we didn't really take Juda Parker, is because he didn't really follow the Dooley plan of recruiting.

I can't see Cross being asked to look elsewhere. He was offered early and the staff accepted his commitment. I thought the staff would take 2 backs in this class as we have a pretty good stable right now. With them offering the Juco kid Robinson, I think they will take 3 backs. Cross, Kimbrow and the 1st one to commit out of R.J., Jovon, and Mathers. If Kimbrow looks elsewhere, a class of Cross, Robinson, and Robinson would be fine with me.

No one is going to tell Cross to look elsewhere. He's a good back on his own.

I would think it's more likely for Cross to look around on his own than for TN to ask him too.

As I look at his list, I like TN chances. FSU took quite a few RB's last year IIRC and already have a 4* on the hook. Arkansas' current offense may be appealing, but the Razorbacks never seem to be a major factor in the Memphis area in recruiting. Georgia has a few kids from Memphis lately, although they have really done little to date. The one they took from here last year will probably never see the field. Auburn is probably the school to worry about, IMO. Trooper likes to try and get kids out of the Memphis area when he can. There is one local coach though that tries to derail TT every chance possible, which is good for TN. IMO, CCB being the point guy in Memphis is going to pay dividends.

The best case scenario for TN is that Robinson stays at his current HS and does not transfer like whispers suggest.

JMO but I think we win with any combo we get from out of these three RB's. The thing is Cross would have to back out of his commitment because from what I have seen once CDD gives a scholly he don't take it back.

Please, let's not reopen the discussion, but I think that statement is not true and would be laughed at in Hawaii.

mlsoft

Does anyone know if Cross has actually spent time at LB, and if he has, how did he do??

Either way, I suspect that if he knew we wanted to try him at LB, he would not come here.

yes and he is a very good LB. in just 6 games last year, he finished with 77 tackles.

some schools actually recruited him as a LB. his Georgia Tech offer was for him to play LB.

VN Store

Back