'12 TN RB Jovon Robinson

I don't know why we are acting as if we have depth at RB. We've seen nothing significant out of Lane, Smith, Neal, or T.Williams in SEC ball. Cross, Robinson, and Kimbrow all are needed. We don't have a RB for the future right now. We've got some new toys but let's see what they do before we say we've got depth. Even though I do think Lane and Smith will be a great tandem when it's all said and done.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Sorry, but i am more impressed with Mathers, Robinson, and Kimbrow than Cross tape.

Cross is a bug bruising back that can carry the ball 25-30 times a game. We have missed that over the years, we need a back that late in the game can pick up 2-3 yards a carry by lowering his shoulder. I dont think Cross is a cant miss talent at RB but I would like to add him to our stable of RB's along w/ Kimbrow & Robinson.

Cross is a bug bruising back that can carry the ball 25-30 times a game. We have missed that over the years, we need a back that late in the game can pick up 2-3 yards a carry by lowering his shoulder. I dont think Cross is a cant miss talent at RB but I would like to add him to our stable of RB's along w/ Kimbrow & Robinson.
I get u but, my personal opinion Robinson fit that bill and is faster and better feet, with Mathers and i am no fan of Mathers, but he is a slasher Kimbrow is the speed Robinson is a combination of them all that I have seen of the tape on youtube.I just think this year we have the best back or one of the best trio's in the nation let's take them! Instead of looking around like we usually do because we have to.

Last edited:
the thing about robinson and kimbrow is are they solid on UT.cause they sure are playing the recruiting game.its not like the state is a talent rich recruiting area.if they are intetested then they should committ.but i saw a list of schools robinson was interested and bama,auburn and several other schools were on list.but the vols were not on the list.

Hubbs said Robinson likes Tennessee.

And this Tennessee fan likes Robinson more than any of the other RB's we have on our board. I would take Kimbrow next. Although I do not think we have enough scholarships to waste one on a package deal with Kimbrow, I have decided that Redmond is for real, and can stand on his own, so I would take him as a receiver or a DB.

Robinson, Kimbrow, and Cross are plenty -- no need to add another one unless the staff still thinks we need an experienced back for 2012 and wants to add a JUCO RB -- we are looking at several of them.

mlsoft

That makes no sense, are you saying we could take Kimbrow to secure Redmond? Is it opposite day? lol. Otherwise how would we be wasting a scholarship on a package deal?

If both are good enough, then why does it matter? We can afford to spend one extra scholarship to get a guy like Kimbrow. He's a difference maker on your team.

We will not pursue a JuCo back if we get Robinson and Kimbrow.

That makes no sense, are you saying we could take Kimbrow to secure Redmond? Is it opposite day? lol. Otherwise how would we be wasting a scholarship on a package deal?

If both are good enough, then why does it matter? We can afford to spend one extra scholarship to get a guy like Kimbrow. He's a difference maker on your team.

We will not pursue a JuCo back if we get Robinson and Kimbrow.

Naw Sab, you're just misreading it. It's worded a bit funny. He is just using Kimbrow's name to talk about that "package" but he's decided that Redmond is good enough to not need a package, (TNWSS)

Robinson, Kimbrow and Cross would be a very good haul. That would give us 6 really talented backs going into the 2012 season.

ChadSimmons_ Chad Simmons
Jovon Robinson ran a 4.41 in the 40 on my clock. He weighed in at 216 today. Kimbrow and Robinson are my top two prospects in Tennessee.

He has good vision and cuts back a lot. Although his line wasn't very good so he had to do everything himself

I know cross may end up being a very good prospect for Tennessee this year, but Tennessee is stacked with in state talent at rb. There is 4 rbs in the state that I wouldn't mind committing to Tennessee this year.

VN Store

Back