'12 TN RB Jovon Robinson

I know I said I didn't like him earlier in this thread but I have had a change of heart! I want this guy to sign with UT. Talk about a "Thunder" and "Lightning" type combo, him and Kimbrow would be unreal!

A convert, way to join the good side. He's the real deal
Posted via VolNation Mobile

"I would say Auburn is sticking out to me because that's really the only school I have really visited," said Robinson. "I didn't get to see much of the other schools because I was at camp and playing. I would also say Arkansas, Mississippi State, Alabama, Ole Miss and Notre Dame are in there, too."
-Rivals

No mention of Tennessee anywhere in his interests.

I think the staff prefers Mathers over Robinson. The problem is, it doesn't look like Mathers is all that into UT.

I don't think we will sign any of the in-state backs this year. The truth be known, we do not have enough scholarships to pursue them aggressively. Yes, I know we have to say we want them badly just from a PR standpoint, but we have Cross on board and have a few others we are looking at more strongly than Robinson, Kimbrow and Mathers, including a couple of JUCO backs. Due to the limited number of scholarships available, I would be surprised if we sign any of the three and look for us to sign no more than two or three running backs this year.

If we do take one of them, my choice would be Robinson.

mlsoft

I don't think we will sign any of the in-state backs this year. The truth be known, we do not have enough scholarships to pursue them aggressively. Yes, I know we have to say we want them badly just from a PR standpoint, but we have Cross on board and have a few others we are looking at more strongly than Robinson, Kimbrow and Mathers, including a couple of JUCO backs. Due to the limited number of scholarships available, I would be surprised if we sign any of the three and look for us to sign no more than two or three running backs this year.

If we do take one of them, my choice would be Robinson.

mlsoft

This is wrong.

This is wrong.

I would think Kimbrow is a take unless a couple more backs jump on board before he does. I could see the staff not so concerned with Mathers and Robinson. If one of them picked the Vols sooner rather than later, they may have a spot. If we only landed 2 backs in this class...it would be fine.(Cross being 1)

I would think Kimbrow is a take unless a couple more backs jump on board before he does. I could see the staff not so concerned with Mathers and Robinson. If one of them picked the Vols sooner rather than later, they may have a spot. If we only landed 2 backs in this class...it would be fine.(Cross being 1)

Yep. Two are enough and I want Kimbrow. His speed is ridiculous.

It would be in everyone's best interest to accept the fact we won't get any of the 3 from TN. BK vandy or mia, JR aub or juco, IM Aub or somewhere but not vandy or UT. We all just need to move on.

It would be in everyone's best interest to accept the fact we won't get any of the 3 from TN. BK vandy or mia, JR aub or juco, IM Aub or somewhere but not vandy or UT. We all just need to move on.

Lol.

:)

I agree to that. IMO just too much hope and expectation of us signing any of the 3 without facts to back it up by UT fans.

The thing you have to understand, and a lot of others, kids naming top schools at this point, means really nothing by December. Things change, and other players commit that scare off those prospects that put those schools in their top rung of schools. Patience though is something that a lot of people who follow recruiting have very little of. :)

VN Store

Back