'13 VA RB Derrick Green (Michigan commit)

I'm ready for the dead period to be over with now.
Ready for signing day.
Ready for Derrick Green to announce.
Ready for next season
GBO!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Any athlete who says he is looking at schools for academics, and then picks based solely on higher ranking is wrongheaded.

What difference does the presence of a particle accelerator make on any business student? What does a highly distinguished logistics professor offer to anybody not studying business management? If the GPA of the 25th percentile for your incoming class is a 3.7, what does that even matter to the athlete who had a 3.1?

If you're an athlete interested in academics you're (or should be) looking at how the school will help you succeed in the classroom so you will be prepared for a life outside of sports. That is not affected by the median ACT score of incoming freshmen or any of the other junk that goes into those rankings.

Ask Mzterry, I've seen her posts about what UT offered for Jason to satisfy her academic demands and what she was looking for. I would think the Thornton Center would be appealing to any athlete who emphasizes academics.

UT's academics ought to be solid for athletes. Michigan's might still be better, but I wouldn't base that solely on reputation.

Reactions: 2 people
Witten,_Jason_(TD_vs_Michigan).jpg

A TE outran their whole damn secondary :eek:lol:

:eek:lol:

Reactions: 1 person
Mike Farrell was asked on twitter where he thinks Derrick Green would sign if NSD was tomorrow and he said "if its tomorrow, it's Michigan, but it's not tomorrow"... Could be a good sign

Any athlete who says he is looking at schools for academics, and then picks based solely on higher ranking is wrongheaded.

What difference does the presence of a particle accelerator make on any business student? What does a highly distinguished logistics professor offer to anybody not studying business management? If the GPA of the 25th percentile for your incoming class is a 3.7, what does that even matter to the athlete who had a 3.1?

If you're an athlete interested in academics you're (or should be) looking at how the school will help you succeed in the classroom so you will be prepared for a life outside of sports. That is not affected by the median ACT score of incoming freshmen or any of the other junk that goes into those rankings.

Ask Mzterry, I've seen her posts about what UT offered for Jason to satisfy her academic demands and what she was looking for. I would think the Thornton Center would be appealing to any athlete who emphasizes academics.

UT's academics ought to be solid for athletes. Michigan's might still be better, but I wouldn't base that solely on reputation.

Great post, except for all them big words... :)

I asked him his gut feeling on Green, Michigan or UT? This was his response from the Army All-star game:

"He just said Michigan still leader, doesn't know No. 2. Video coming soon."

From a poster on VQ. tIFwiw.

From my vantage point, this recruitment has a Gruden type feel to it. Lots of folks here are confident, but I just haven't heard a direct quote from the media saying its as close as people here say. I'm listening. Would love to think we land this guy, but I'm a doubter at this point.

From a poster on VQ. tIFwiw.

From my vantage point, this recruitment has a Gruden type feel to it. Lots of folks here are confident, but I just haven't heard a direct quote from the media saying its as close as people here say. I'm listening. Would love to think we land this guy, but I'm a doubter at this point.

Same sentiment could be said about CP's recruitment. I know there isn't a direct quote from Green, and Gruden's situation isn't as applicable, but I see why we are so hesitant. Green is a player of need, but I just can't see how he turns down Jay Graham being his position coach.

Same sentiment could be said about CP's recruitment. I know there isn't a direct quote from Green, and Gruden's situation isn't as applicable, but I see why we are so hesitant. Green is a player of need, but I just can't see how he turns down Jay Graham being his position coach.

I hear you and I hope you are right. A few weeks ago, I felt great about Green. All this stuff from Farrell in recent days has me worried. Michigan is a very good program with more recent success, I can see the attraction. This one may go to signing day...

im not gonna believe anything until he signs on NSD. he said we were the leaders before the coaching change, and a lot would depend on what happened to CJG and we kept him. so i will not believe anything i hear until he signs with someone

We really want and truly need a RB of this caliber but if he goes to UM who is next RB?

Barber, Ford, Kemp, Blanchard, Turner, Kamara and Smallwood are among the guys we are recruiting. Not sure we have a legit shot at each of these guys, but there is still some talent there.

I think Graham is a good enough coach that even if we get some less heralded players, he can develop them. There are plenty of high quality three star backs this cycle.

I'd love Green, but I also am not certain he is critical to the class.

I hear you and I hope you are right. A few weeks ago, I felt great about Green. All this stuff from Farrell in recent days has me worried. Michigan is a very good program with more recent success, I can see the attraction. This one may go to signing day...

Well I like where we are. If we can pull CP with Hinshaw, Graham can pull Green. CP loved his visit to Ole Miss, and to UGA. We all starting doubting. Then when he committed, he talked about his mother telling him how he could never get Tennessee off his mind.

It was Hibshaw then, and it's Graham now. Seem like very similar situations to me

VN Store

Back