'13 VA RB Derrick Green (Michigan commit)

well, it does not sounds good, I hope our coaches are getting ready for plan B.

Al the recent offers says they arent putting their egvs in the Green basket. But Farrell is terrible and everything thing else has been pretty positive, especially him Mom favoring UT. Feel good about our chances. If Michigan had been the clear cut leader he could have already committed and enrolled like he had originally planned.

There are very few teams who have many 2 back plays. The te position has grown far more popular.

What does he prefer? CBJ runs a physical, pro style with some spread type mixed in. The perfect offense for Green.

After watching Cincinnati the other night and watching them against us last season it is obvious that CBJ's offense will be run from the shotgun 80%-90% of the time...that's more of a spread offense than "pro-style"...again, I have no problem with it...eager to see it in action...but he is saying "pro-style" because that appeals to recruits...his mentors (RichRod, Brian Kelly) are offensive gurus for sure...but they run variations of the spread.

I want Green as much as the next guy but I'm not interested in blindly believing a guy is going to sign with us in the name of "being positive"...the truth is that the above quote from rivals does not sound good for us...does that mean he's not coming to UT...no...but my guess is that as far as offensive philosophy goes, Hoke's lines up more with that quote...that is if you take off the orange tinted glasses.

Have you seen Michogan's offense? I wouldnt put much stock in that article. Green fits CBJ offense much better than that horrid offense Michogan runs.

we may have a power run game but it will be a out of a spread set...not the traditional I-formation

If you watched Cinci's bowl game they ran several sets out of the I. Didn't run it all game, but they mixed several formations in.

Al the recent offers says they arent putting their egvs in the Green basket. But Farrell is terrible and everything thing else has been pretty positive, especially him Mom favoring UT. Feel good about our chances. If Michigan had been the clear cut leader he could have already committed and enrolled like he had originally planned.

I agree it seems we are making contingency plans...my hopes hang on Graham, Green's mom and the SEC...but other than that, some important variables point to Michigan...that's just being realistic...maybe some think I'm too cynical...I've just come to the conclusion that being naively optimistic only brings disappointment...and the more one pumps that unbridled optimism on these boards the more it excites others...only setting them up for a fall and creating unreal expectations for the staff...

Where does the fb line up in the pistol?

pretty common formation...

FB lines up to the left or right of the QB with the TB behind the QB...have you not been watching football the last 2-3 years???

and while I agree the TE has replaced the fullback in a lot of settings, watch LSU play...Copeland as a FB plays a lot of snaps.

Reactions: 1 person
Have you seen Michogan's offense? I wouldnt put much stock in that article. Green fits CBJ offense much better than that horrid offense Michogan runs.

I certainly hope so...I think a back can thrive in the spread...Lattimore ran out of the spread a lot at USCe...and did it very physically...hahaha...a lot of times it is about perception

If you watched Cinci's bowl game they ran several sets out of the I. Didn't run it all game, but they mixed several formations in.

that's why I said in a previous post that we will be out of the shotgun 80%-90% of the time...I do appreciate that CBJ sees the need to be able to line up in the "I" some especially for short yardage...but Tebw and UF proved that short yardage is about attitude as much as anything

So Green will go to a school where he has known a recruit for maybe a year (tops), and says in the open that he has had a relationship with CJG for 2 1/2 years?

Wow. I hope Green is not as misdirected as that quote implies.

Graham will be at UT for the next 3 years. Not sure how that doesn't boast well for UT and Green. Plenty of time to get him ready for the NFL.

as I said, I think Graham is the #1 thing we have going for us...hope Jay can get him to sign...sell him on being the next Lattimore (minus the injuries of course)

as I said, I think Graham is the #1 thing we have going for us...hope Jay can get him to sign...sell him on being the next Lattimore (minus the injuries of course)

That quote was telling, but I still think CJG gets him. If not Jalen Hurd come on up.

I agree it seems we are making contingency plans...my hopes hang on Graham, Green's mom and the SEC...but other than that, some important variables point to Michigan...that's just being realistic...maybe some think I'm too cynical...I've just come to the conclusion that being naively optimistic only brings disappointment...and the more one pumps that unbridled optimism on these boards the more it excites others...only setting them up for a fall and creating unreal expectations for the staff...

I agree, and that quote about style of offense makes me think we've lost him. Hike has made it clear that as soon as DR is gone he will be moving to more pro style, and DG pretty much said he doesn't want the spread.

You can have a good relationship with one coach, but still like another school/staff better. These are tough decisions, and recruits always form good relationships with coaches of the schools they don't choose.

true...many a player has talked about loving a position coach only to choose another school...I just think that is the best thing we have going for us regarding Green...that and the supposed desire his mom has for him to stay closer to home.

I think he comes to Tennessee. He obviously has a good relationship with CJG and I think Tiny made a good impression on him at the Florida game. I know if i was a top notch recruit I wouldn't want to play in the big ten in cold as* weather. I would much rather play in the SEC in the best confrence in America. Green has what it takes to put us back on top. Most people do not realize that all we need is a high caliber running back. Look at Alabama. They have 2 great running backs that control the game. Meaning they control the clock with the ground game and rest their defense.

And that is a huge factor when it comes to an 18-yr. old making a decision on where to attend college. Elite athletes constitute somewhat of an exception to the norm but, when push comes to shove, proximity to home is more often than not a deciding factor. Grad school is a definite matter, in part because prospective students have already gone through the maturation process associated with early adulthood.

According to 247 sports Green is not expected to announce this weekend. That could be a good sign for the VOLS. Me personally I think if he does he is going to Michigan. The closer this gets to NSD the better it is for TN.

According to 247 sports Green is not expected to announce this weekend. That could be a good sign for the VOLS. Me personally I think if he does he is going to Michigan. The closer this gets to NSD the better it is for TN.

idk about that mamma has to sign the LOI and she wants him close.

VN Store

Back