'13 VA RB Derrick Green (Michigan commit)

you can run power out of the spread. I hope Butch has a pistol package I don't want only scat backs either.

Michigan....lol Good luck in
the generic league

i dont really get this logic. im sure just as many NFL scouts watch Michigan games as they do Vols games. good luck to Green. he has given the staf the opportunity to re-recruit him. can only respect the kid for that. maybe things will change by NSD. Knoxville sure is close to home.

Don't see why you guys are conceding to Michigan on this. While they may have a slight edge, this one is far from over. CJG, do work son!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Green "should" dominate the Big 10. I go back to 2007 after Florida blasted the favorite Ohio St. for the BCS NC. After the game Reggie Nelson was asked about Ted Ginn (who was an early first round pick of the Dolphins). Reggie Nelson simply said, "If he is so good and fast, why didn't he come to play in the SEC?" Enough said. Maurice Clarrett and Mike Hart dominated the Big 10. Back up backs in the SEC were way better than those two. Again, if Green is sold that he will put up monster stats in the Big 10, he probably will. If Green proves his medal in the SEC, he will be much more desired by an NFL club. If he is going for an education, both universities are top notch. :angdev:

Did Hart not run all over Florida in 2007?

I want DG just as much as the next guy, but we are in play with quite a few good RB's. It won't be the end of the world if he chooses MI. He'll regret it after a year in that weather IMO.

We don't get Green we'll be fine. There are other backs that'll make an impact Day 1 behind this OL. We just need two legit backs if possible. They'll have fun behind this OL no doubt. Kemp and another RB would be fine with me this year.

Reactions: 1 person
Screw Michigan it's the dang powderpuff league. Being a great back in the SEC will get you places and you will be a lifelong hero to UT. Go play in the Canadian league. Plus the state of Michigan sucks!

Green "should" dominate the Big 10. I go back to 2007 after Florida blasted the favorite Ohio St. for the BCS NC. After the game Reggie Nelson was asked about Ted Ginn (who was an early first round pick of the Dolphins). Reggie Nelson simply said, "If he is so good and fast, why didn't he come to play in the SEC?" Enough said. Maurice Clarrett and Mike Hart dominated the Big 10. Back up backs in the SEC were way better than those two. Again, if Green is sold that he will put up monster stats in the Big 10, he probably will. If Green proves his medal in the SEC, he will be much more desired by an NFL club. If he is going for an education, both universities are top notch. :angdev:

Reggie Nelson was just talking noise when he was talking about Ted Ginn. Also Clarett didn't play so bad versus that loaded Miami team. Talent with those players was not the issue. Ted Ginn was one of the most explosive playmakers I've seen his Freshman and Sophomore years at OSU. Hart would've been productive in the SEC too. Guys like Mark Ingram produced down here. If Green picks Michigan good luck to him. We'll be fine with or without him. Our OL will make any runner happy.

Let's see if anything ever really gets serious with Collins. Him saying he has interest and wanting to visit is very different than him actually visiting.

I think if you Tennessee and Green still says publicly that Michigan leads then you gotta press forward with other running backs even though Green might be telling you something different himself.

-Hubbs

Sounds like Hubbs is saying Green is telling UT something different than what he's saying publicly. Hmmm

Maybe Jay is right, Gabe Wright 2.0. Or he's lying to Michigan.

VN Store

Back