'13 VA RB Derrick Green (Michigan commit)

I don't ignore, there is nothing any poster can say to me that will make me, that wouldn't get them banned first. I find it amusing. Something tells me that you two have a bunch of blank posts on users screens though...

I wish D Green the best of luck wherever he chooses to attend.

Lol. You're probably right. Most of those that chose this route are those that could dish it out but not are obviously able to take it. Not a big deal to me though one way or another. Pretty sad when people have to resort to this tactic when someone has a dissenting opinion and they get mad when the person responds back after being put on blast for that opinion.

I don't ignore, there is nothing any poster can say to me that will make me, that wouldn't get them banned first. I find it amusing. Something tells me that you two have a bunch of blank posts on other user's screens though...

I wish D Green the best of luck wherever he chooses to attend.

I second this. There are a few posters who annoy me, but I would still prefer to see what they say, rather than a blank post or whatever pops up. It'd just make me curious.

Green knows exactly where he is going to play football right now. He is just playing out his ego with everybody and we might as well just wait and see what he does. I do not think Tennessee is , or ever has been in play. Sure hope I am wrong.

Too many posters on here get themselves worked up by reading more into these articles than are really there.

Because there is more to the article. He said that Michigan is his leader. I believe him. At this point I believe that we are trailing and without the parents we might not even be in it.

He has had numerous opportunities to commit to UT, especially after the visit by Graham and Jones. He keeps adding teams to his list which says he is still looking for something that other than UT.

Because there is more to the article. He said that Michigan is his leader. I believe him. At this point I believe that we are trailing and without the parents we might not even be in it.

He has had numerous opportunities to commit to UT, especially after the visit by Graham and Jones. He keeps adding teams to his list which says he is still looking for something that other than UT.

Think what you will. I'm guessing the adding of teams has to do with him being the #1 rated RB and having a lot of options. I would even go as to say us having a new coaching staff gave UM the edge. Doesn't mean that he is not interested or 'stringing UT along'. CJG is a proven commodity and has played a major role in Green having us in the mix. I'd say it's not as simplistic as his parents liking UT and that's it.

Reactions: 1 person
Won't hurt my feelings if we don't get him. We need people that want to be at tennessee and will give their all for Tennessee today and everyday. We have been burned by Prima Donna's over the last 5 years and that is why we are in the situation we are in.

Now I don't know this guy he may the next Jamal Lewis or David Oku. I just hope we don't waste scholarships on people that don't truely want to be here ( Brice brown ).

Won't hurt my feelings if we don't get him. We need people that want to be at tennessee and will give their all for Tennessee today and everyday. We have been burned by Prima Donna's over the last 5 years and that is why we are in the situation we are in.

Now I don't know this guy he may the next Jamal Lewis or David Oku. I just hope we don't waste scholarships on people that don't truely want to be here ( Brice brown ).

Green does not seem to be anything like Bryce Brown. He seems like a good kid who is taking his time in recruiting and weighing his options. This is a good thing for him to do because this is a big decision. I hope that he decides that UT is where he really wants to be (and, if he does, UT will be where he really wants to be because he could go nearly anywhere he wants) but I think it is a disservice to him to suggest that he is like Brown when he has done nothing to suggest that he is.

Sounds like this board is either too pessimistic or too optimistic regarding Green. Really we have no idea and this thing could go either way.

Just watched the video interview with Derrick Green. And for anyone who wants to 'read tea leaves', when Farrell asked Green about the various teams, Green was having a hard time holding back a smile when discussing the Vols. While I believe Michigan may have the lead, I think this one is far from over.

And this kid is nothing like Bryce Brown. For one, he doesn't have a handler. And he seems to be a quiet well spoken young man.

Reactions: 2 people
I would love to have DG as part of this class. I think he brings alot of toughness to the RB position and we have been missing that. I would be careful about expecting him to come in and start right away or see a ton of carries. It could happen, but we shall see. I went back and watched Alden Hill's highlight tapes in HS and his are every bit as impressive as DGs if not more so. Hill is 6'2 and 220. Green is 6' and 220. People feel Hill will be moved to FB, but I am not so sure. The competition on their tapes may be different. Hill is running away from defenders alot more than Green is. Look forward to seeing how it all plays out come spring if we get Green or not.

I would love to have DG as part of this class. I think he brings alot of toughness to the RB position and we have been missing that. I would be careful about expecting him to come in and start right away or see a ton of carries. It could happen, but we shall see. I went back and watched Alden Hill's highlight tapes in HS and his are every bit as impressive as DGs if not more so. Hill is 6'2 and 220. Green is 6' and 220. People feel Hill will be moved to FB, but I am not so sure. The competition on their tapes may be different. Hill is running away from defenders alot more than Green is. Look forward to seeing how it all plays out come spring if we get Green or not.

It's a little hard to compare Green and Hill without the same offensive line. Green's highlights show allot of extra yards after he is hit, but not many opportunities to use his speed in the open field. Hill's highlights show him hitting some pretty good holes his offensive line gave him followed by some very crafty open field running with a bunch of TDs at the end of them.

I'm pretty sure Bryce Brown *wanted* to be in Tennessee (thanks to his girlfriend) and in fact spent a LOT of time in K-town after leaving the team. It seems that all of Bryce Brown's team-related problems were external - namely his overbearing father who was being given bad advice by that POS handler dude.

Bryce Brown was a very well spoken individual himself. I wish he could have finished his collegiate career in orange. We definitely could have used him.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm pretty sure Bryce Brown *wanted* to be in Tennessee (thanks to his girlfriend) and in fact spent a LOT of time in K-town after leaving the team. It seems that all of Bryce Brown's team-related problems were external - namely his overbearing father who was being given bad advice by that POS handler dude.

Bryce Brown was a very well spoken individual himself. I wish he could have finished his collegiate career in orange. We definitely could have used him.

+1

Bryce Brown was a very good RB and would have had a hell of a career here by the time he left. Those around him destroyed his college years trying to make his decisions for him. BB seemed to have issues with telling people no and alot of kids do. He felt they were looking out for him and they were only worried about themselves. He landed on his feet and is doing very well.

like i said before, im not gonna believe anything until he signs with someone on NSD. there is just too many rumors going around for me to really believe anything.

According to 247 sports Derrick Green told one of the reporters at the Army All American game that He would have the hardest time telling Tennessee no. We are very much in it.

Reactions: 5 people
According to 247 sports Derrick Green told one of the reporters at the Army All American game that He would have the hardest time telling Tennessee no. We are very much in it.

I hope we get him. I would also think it would be alot easier to tell UT no when only 1 coach recruiting him remains here. Maybe it should read he would have the hardest time telling CJG no. He would be a huge part of this class. I just don't feel like he lands here.

We don't get Green we'll be fine. There are other backs that'll make an impact Day 1 behind this OL. We just need two legit backs if possible. They'll have fun behind this OL no doubt. Kemp and another RB would be fine with me this year.

I really doubt any freshman will contribute at RB in 2013.

We had a sophomore LB as our goal line back. I think any freshman RB with size could contribute.

We also had a head coach who thought a fake punt inside our own 30 was a good idea. I don't think using AJ was necessary. Our RBs had very few negative carries.

If we get a guy who goes off as a Freshman that'll be great, but I think guys currently on the roster will see 90% or more of the carries this season.

We also had a head coach who thought a fake punt inside our own 30 was a good idea. I don't think using AJ was necessary. Our RBs had very few negative carries.

If we get a guy who goes off as a Freshman that'll be great, but I think guys currently on the roster will see 90% or more of the carries this season.

I think DG would see 20% or so of snaps, all the short yardage ones.

From Rivals at U.S. Army Game practice -

Green is a bowling ball of a runner who is very strong North-South but has quick feet and good balance. Once he decides to hit a hole, and he is a decisive runner, he is a load to handle. It would have been nice to see some full contact because you could tell he would have shrugged off linebackers. Green ran hard and with excellent straight-line speed.

VN Store

Back