'13 VA RB Derrick Green (Michigan commit)

From Rivals at U.S. Army Game practice -

Green is a bowling ball of a runner who is very strong North-South but has quick feet and good balance. Once he decides to hit a hole, and he is a decisive runner, he is a load to handle. It would have been nice to see some full contact because you could tell he would have shrugged off linebackers. Green ran hard and with excellent straight-line speed.

That's exactly what we need.

Reactions: 1 person
@rivalsmike: #usc (again) and #arkansas new schools being mentioned for RB Derrick Green yesterday. #Michigan leads, #Vols second I hear.

Reactions: 3 people
Thanks guys, long time follower of VN and a UT Grad. Figured I would get involved now that Dooley is gone and I see light at the end of the tunnel.
Hopefully the Gamecocks show Green why he needs to be playing in the SEC today against real competition

Reactions: 1 person
I really doubt any freshman will contribute at RB in 2013.

With a new coaching staff and a position where experience does not always dictate success, I think the RB position will go to best performer in the spring and fall practices.

Could be a Brown and Hardesty situation where Neal or Lane start and Green comes in and takes a larger and larger role. Maybe Riggs and Foster would be a more apropo example.

If Lloyd Carr was still at michigan I see d green there he fits the perfect mold of several great backs there under Carr. I just don't see him reaching his full potential under hoke. I think we pull this one out.

VN Store

Back