'13 VA RB Derrick Green (Michigan commit)

I think you are FOS. :hi:

His play to this point is what got him his 5 star ranking. If he had ran for 155 yards as a HS running back he would not be rated this high. His play on the field has made him #1 on Rivals and #2 on Scout. Of course most anyone would trust their evaluation to yours. He has an offer from just about every big time program in the country. Point. Blank. Period.

TY. Didn't remember asking you what you thought of me but thanks for sharing.

Reactions: 1 person
Is he better than Neal or Lane and do we have a real shot at getting him? That's what matters.

Better really depends on how he does in the transition from HS to CFB. He definitely has as much or more potential going in, and would see a lot of playing time in his first year. Yes, we have a definite shot at landing him, but we just have to convince him of all the pros with choosing us over Meeshegan.

Serious question, if Green is this can't miss #1 back in the country than why did Ohio State pull his offer. Ohio State was his dream school because of Eddie George and was way out in front when they pulled it.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Serious question, if Green is this can't miss #1 back in the country than why did Ohio State pull his offer. Ohio State was his dream school because of Eddie George and was way out in front when they pulled it.

Uh oh... now you've done it.

His profile shows an OSU offer. Just because he did not decide to go there, does not mean they pulled the offer. They do have another RB committed. Maybe they wanted an answer and he was not ready to commit. Could be any number of reasons why he won't play there. I would also think a kid could like a certain RB, and that does not mean it is his dream school to play there. Alot of RB's love Bo Jackson and would not give AU a 2nd look.

Have you seen the type RB's Urban likes? He loves smaller, scat backs. Green is definitely not his type RB.

Said this the other day. He would have been a commit there a long time ago.

His top 3 favorite RB's are Bo, Eddie George, and Hershel Walker. Does that mean Georgia pulled his offer, because they had one of his favorite RB's and they were never in it. No.

Why isn't Bama all over him? They are RBU right now.

That's Saban and Urbie........ :whistling:

Serious answer... Urban has never had a big bruiser back in his offense. He is all over Hurd yes but is not a big bruiser. Hurd actually fits spread offense a lot more with his sleek build and speed. I think Hurd would ball out in tn new offense.

His profile shows an OSU offer. Just because he did not decide to go there, does not mean they pulled the offer. They do have another RB committed. Maybe they wanted an answer and he was not ready to commit. Could be any number of reasons why he won't play there. I would also think a kid could like a certain RB, and that does not mean it is his dream school to play there. Alot of RB's love Bo Jackson and would not give AU a 2nd look.

Lol at you calling someone else FOS earlier, and then making a post on a subject that you know nothing about. He had mentioned multiple times in interviews that he grew up with Ohio State being his dream school, and then months ago Green himself admitted that Ohio State was no longer interested in him. Also, to your bolded statement if Green really was on the pedestal that some of you put him on, then coaches would wait on him. Coaches tend to wait on a player that truly is at the top of his position/

Have you seen the type RB's Urban likes? He loves smaller, scat backs. Green is definitely not his type RB.

Bull, Urban likes good football players. Just because he has mainly gotten smaller scat backs does not mean that he would take one of them over an elite bigger back. If that was the case then why did he waste so much time and an official visit on Trent Richardson?

What's the real difference between AJ Turman and Green???? I'll just want to know from the Green is the best RB in the country crowd.

Green is smoother athlete. Turman has more human bowling ball to him. Turman liked Georgia more. Both are good running backs so who cares

One of the gurus hating on green now was comparing him to lattimore mths ago and was calling bell overrated early in yr. ill stop and listen

Bull, Urban likes good football players. Just because he has mainly gotten smaller scat backs does not mean that he would take one of them over an elite bigger back. If that was the case then why did he waste so much time and an official visit on Trent Richardson?

I see both sides. Urban does prefer the "speed" guys, Richardson would be considered a hard runner, but he had pretty good speed too. Green has good speed, but I def would not classify him as a Meyer RB, even though I'm pretty sure he recruited Gillislee.

VN Store

Back