'13 VA RB Derrick Green (Michigan commit)

Do we honestly have a chance with Derrick now? He seemed pretty contempt with all the Michigan commits in that picture
A_nv3SrCIAIXM6b.jpg:large

Smokescreen?

from the rivals chat he was asked if that picture was "just for fun or is it something more than that" to which he replied "both". what that means i have no idea but the pessimist in me wants to think the "just for fun" part may just be wanting a picture with some friends he's made and means nothing as far as his choice.

At this point, I believe that the only things one can categorically say about Derrick is that he is being very deliberate, he is taking the process seriously, he is not turning his recruitment into a media circus like so many attention-seeking elite prospects, and he is not flipflopping his commitment. I don’t think that one could ask any more of a recruit.

I wonder why green didn't take a pic with some Tennessee commits at the game???....WAIT!Thats right, there weren't any! So take it easy, don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy. :hi:

It was actually a joke. Folks use the term smokescreen on here when they feel something isn't gonna go their way. On VN the term smokescreen=denial. That's what I was getting at. A tip of the hat back atcha there killer........

From Rivals -

This award is given to the best-looking prospect on the hoof, the guy who looks like he could play in college or even the NFL right now.

Honorable Mention: Derrick Green from Richmond (Va.) Hermitage could easily be mistaken for an NFL running back right now with his size...

This award is for the guy who likes to visit the analysts, editors, videographers and team site publishers in the War Room during the week and hits it off with everyone.

Honorable Mention: Green came in to break down his practice film after yet another nightly workout despite a full day of practice. He never stops working.

Reactions: 1 person
From Rivals -

This award is given to the best-looking prospect on the hoof, the guy who looks like he could play in college or even the NFL right now.

Honorable Mention: Derrick Green from Richmond (Va.) Hermitage could easily be mistaken for an NFL running back right now with his size...

This award is for the guy who likes to visit the analysts, editors, videographers and team site publishers in the War Room during the week and hits it off with everyone.

Honorable Mention: Green came in to break down his practice film after yet another nightly workout despite a full day of practice. He never stops working.

"But, but he's out of shape". "He looks slow". "I did not see what I wanted to see from him and all of his 6 carries". :loco:

Would love to have this kid carrying the ball at Tennssee.

Reactions: 4 people
Somebody please educate me. I've only watched his youtube highlights from the last couple of seasons, but I see little ability to make people miss or to outrun defenders. He hits the hole nicely and packs some punch at the point of contact, but his highlights do not wow me. Whereas I was somewhat wowed by Kamara and Turman.

Recruitniks - what am I missing with this guy?

Last edited:
Somebody please educate me. I've only watched his youtube highlights from the last couple of seasons, but I see little ability to make people miss or to outrun defenders. He hits the whole nicely and packs some punch at the point of contact, but his highlights do not wow me. Whereas I was somewhat wowed by Kamara and Turman.

I'm not saying he is as good as Lattimore at all but thats exactly what people said about his HS highlights.

I'm not saying he is as good as Lattimore at all but thats exactly what people said about his HS highlights.

I agree with you on this. Just because he's so highly rated doesn't make him Adrian Peterson or Reggie Bush cutting up people in his video. Much like Lattimore, I could see him being the type that is just a rock in your backfield. Just pounds you all game and when you check the stat sheet he has like 30 carries for 170 yards and 2 td's, converts short yardage and just impacts a game, but isn't flashy. I'll take that all damn day.

I agree with you on this. Just because he's so highly rated doesn't make him Adrian Peterson or Reggie Bush cutting up people in his video. Much like Lattimore, I could see him being the type that is just a rock in your backfield. Just pounds you all game and when you check the stat sheet he has like 30 carries for 170 yards and 2 td's, converts short yardage and just impacts a game, but isn't flashy. I'll take that all damn day.

This. He'll impact the game one down at a time. He'll be a grinder IMO. Wearing down the defenses. He isn't flashy, but with his skill set he doesn't need to be.

Somebody please educate me. I've only watched his youtube highlights from the last couple of seasons, but I see little ability to make people miss or to outrun defenders. He hits the hole nicely and packs some punch at the point of contact, but his highlights do not wow me. Whereas I was somewhat wowed by Kamara and Turman.

Keep in mind they're highlight films.

Keep in mind they're highlight films.

I am. This is precisely why I've reached out for opinions based on better perspectives than my own.

But, since you bring up the term highlight, shouldn't it be more impressive? I mean, they are developed to only include the best runs and showcase strengths.

Anyway, as a general rule I tend to believe opinions that are widely shared. I acknowledge that others have greater expertise and have spent much more time evaluating Green than I.

Last edited:
think we are gonna get Green! also read were someone from richmond football heard hes leaning more our way! time will tell!

Please enlighten me. I've seen zero signs that point to UT.

He has stated that MI is in the lead mainly because there have been no coaching changes. We're in his top 2. He said he's going to visit here again to get a feel for the new staff. He loves Jay Graham, and so does momma. If he feels good about the rest, which he should, we'll have a good a chance as any. So you can take that zero signs bull'ish and go on somewhere.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back