'13 VA RB Derrick Green (Michigan commit)

I could very well be off here, but I think Green is waiting to see what UT does. I get the feeling he WAS told that he could be the only RB taken per the previous staff. Now with the new staff tossing out offers, maybe Green feels his deal is no longer valid. I get the feeling as soon as another RB commits, Green will announce for Michigan. He liked the idea of being the only RB in this class at UT and that alone may have got him. IMO, he likes the idea of playing at Michigan more.

I doubt Green cares about being the only back taken considering Michigan has a running back committed already and he says they are number 1 right now

Michigan already has a RB commit. Almost identical size as Green too, 5'11" 218lbs.

Deveon Smith - Yahoo! Sports

I know. That is what leads me to think Green likes the idea of playing at Michigan more. Having another RB committed does not matter there. I think it does at UT if the rumors were true that he was told he would be the only back taken IF he chose Tennessee. As I said, I could be wrong. Him waiting, makes me think he is waiting to see if UT takes another RB. He said he would not change his mind once he commits. If he picked UT now and then CBJ takes another RB it could put Green in a bad spot.

When did Green say he was told he would be the only RB taken at UT? I don't recall him saying that.

It was posted on here months ago that both Green and Henry were told that. The previous staff was trying to get 1 of them and if either wanted to be "the guy", the offer was on the table.

The only person I remember being told that they would be the one and only take at RB was Keyante Green about 3 years ago. We all know how that turned out...

If true that he was told that. Why would he be okay being in a class at Michigan with multiple backs but not at UT?

That is why I said I think he prefers Michigan. The other back committed does not matter to him there. I think UT used it as a selling point and he liked the idea. If it's a close decision and he is leaning toward UM, being "the guy" at Tennessee can push you one way or the other IMO.

That is why I said I think he prefers Michigan. The other back committed does not matter to him there. I think UT used it as a selling point and he liked the idea. If it's a close decision and he is leaning toward UM, being "the guy" at Tennessee can push you one way or the other IMO.

Oh, I see. I don't think that's the case, IMO.

Pretty sure my gut feeling is gas because I just farted :) I'd love for Green to be a Vol, but if he decides other wise, like others have said, I'd love for Kamara to be a Vol along with Kemp. Collins and Kamara would also be great if Green goes elsewhere. I just don't know how much of a chance we have with Collins.

we have zero chance with collins. He's all Miami or FSU with a slight chance at Arkansas.

It's Green or bust for us!! I'm all in for him just gonna be an uphill battle. just need to get him on campus and let Butch sell him on this program rising

It's Green or bust for us!! I'm all in for him just gonna be an uphill battle. just need to get him on campus and let Butch sell him on this program rising

Can I get an explanation on why the negative vibe with DG? Basically things were good up until that picture at AA game. And I heard a few folks say something like UM has the slight lead but wth does that really mean?

Can I get an explanation on why the negative vibe with DG? Basically things were good up until that picture at AA game. And I heard a few folks say something like UM has the slight lead but wth does that really mean?

It means that the chances of him going to Michigan are greater than us? And why am I reading it is Green or bust for us? Don't we have a good shot with Kamara? :loco:

15 minutes before the all star game Green said UM was his leader. 30 minutes after the game he said he knew where he was going. Maybe he was "being all smoke screeny and what not", but I think our chances are slim.

Reactions: 1 person
15 minutes before the all star game Green said UM was his leader. 30 minutes after the game he said he knew where he was going. Maybe he was "being all smoke screeny and what not", but I think our chances are slim.

Love the fact you used "all smoke screeny and what not"! :clapping:

Agreed. He said slight lead and eveeryone ran with it. QUick at tosu in the lead leading up to his announcement and committed to Louis. Both staffs talked to Green and Fortenberry said UT is very much in it with Green so that definitely doesnt sound all Michigan. We have legit shots at Green and Kamara. We could get 1, get both or get neither.

Agreed. He said slight lead and eveeryone ran with it. QUick at tosu in the lead leading up to his announcement and committed to Louis. Both staffs talked to Green and Fortenberry said UT is very much in it with Green so that definitely doesnt sound all Michigan. We have legit shots at Green and Kamara. We could get 1, get both or get neither.

Let's get both and call it a day. What a 1-2 punch that would be.

like pretty much every recurit in this class, the longer he is not committed, the better. if it goes till NSD i like our chances more. he said that he was supposed to be committing early in January and visits after. if he doesnt commit and he takes a visit here u like our chances a lot more. he loves our campus and facilities and of yea that coach named Jay Graham.

VN Store

Back