'13 VA RB Derrick Green (Michigan commit)

UT deserves a break. I feel like every bit of luck we have had for a number of years has been of the bad variety. If Lawson commits--with his friend, Ryan Jenkins, changing from Clemson to UT recently, it looks kind of good--I think he could make the difference with some of these guys we are in the running for like Green and North. If that happened, maybe we could get some traction with some LBs and DTs that are on the periphery now. We just need Lawson, or Green or North, to get this thing going.

If he comes back unofficially (which he said he is planning on doing) that would be huge

My concern is he said before the all star game that he was still considering schools besides UM, and would possibly visit. He said once he commits, he is done. After the game he said he knew where he was going. Unless during the game he had an apifany and decided to switch to UT, I think we will be 2nd once again.

My concern is he said before the all star game that he was still considering schools besides UM, and would possibly visit. He said once he commits, he is done. After the game he said he knew where he was going. Unless during the game he had an apifany and decided to switch to UT, I think we will be 2nd once again.

Agree

He has stated that MI is in the lead mainly because there have been no coaching changes. We're in his top 2. He said he's going to visit here again to get a feel for the new staff. He loves Jay Graham, and so does momma. If he feels good about the rest, which he should, we'll have a good a chance as any. So you can take that zero signs bull'ish and go on somewhere.

If he gets on campus, things could certainly change but as of now, all signs point to Michigan. However, either way, there is no reason for you to get so worked up about it. :hi:

Prob looking too much into it but weird to say Michigan leads in most places and then say I know where I'm going but not telling yet in others. Sounds like a torn individual that could suprise folks and choose tn

Reactions: 1 person
I think we may lose out on Green. No info just a gut feeling. But I think Kamara is looking better with the commit from his friend/acquaintance Jenkins today. I very we'll could be wrong but I could definitely see it going down that way.

Really hope we get him. if it really comes down to whats best for him and his family, I think he picks us being that his family loves and were closer to home. If we dont get him I would love for us to make a STRONG push for Alex collins. I love the way that kid runs for a smaller back. But I do agree that AK would be a perfect fit for our new scheme. Hope the jenkins commit will persuade him to look at us harder.

I would love to get the combo of AC or DG /AK.

I think we may lose out on Green. No info just a gut feeling. But I think Kamara is looking better with the commit from his friend/acquaintance Jenkins today. I very we'll could be wrong but I could definitely see it going down that way.

Not even Tennessee looked THIS bad against Bama. And Michigan lost to ND. He's better off at Tennessee than Michigan.

photo.php

That's some nastynous right der.

Reactions: 1 person
Pretty sure my gut feeling is gas because I just farted :) I'd love for Green to be a Vol, but if he decides other wise, like others have said, I'd love for Kamara to be a Vol along with Kemp. Collins and Kamara would also be great if Green goes elsewhere. I just don't know how much of a chance we have with Collins.

I want Green above all the running backs mentioned but I almost feel like no matter whom we get it will be an upgrade over what we have now.

I want Green above all the running backs mentioned but I almost feel like no matter whom we get it will be an upgrade over what we have now.

Lane looked the best he has since being at UT the last half of the season. Think he is finally trusting his knee and will have a great JR season. Jmo

I remember seeing some where that we were gonna get an UO visit from DG. Is he still taking that? Any news?

i certainly have no clue as i don't follow UT sports as closely as UM obviously but last i remember hearing was that an announcement was going to be "early" this month and the visit was planned for "later" this month. how far apart early and later are remains to be seen but i haven't heard anything of him NOT coming to visit. with that, and i'm just guessing here, IF he is coming to UM, brady hoke has a "rule" that commits don't take visits other places, if you're committed then you're committed and you wouldn't want to take visits elsewhere but at the same time i can't see hoke pulling his offer is he visits somewhere IF he announces UM.

We DEFINITELY have a chance here, until he announces officially. Period. Final. NM.

He said when he commits it's his word and he will keep it.

I could very well be off here, but I think Green is waiting to see what UT does. I get the feeling he WAS told that he could be the only RB taken per the previous staff. Now with the new staff tossing out offers, maybe Green feels his deal is no longer valid. I get the feeling as soon as another RB commits, Green will announce for Michigan. He liked the idea of being the only RB in this class at UT and that alone may have got him. IMO, he likes the idea of playing at Michigan more.

I could very well be off here, but I think Green is waiting to see what UT does. I get the feeling he WAS told that he could be the only RB taken per the previous staff. Now with the new staff tossing out offers, maybe Green feels his deal is no longer valid. I get the feeling as soon as another RB commits, Green will announce for Michigan. He liked the idea of being the only RB in this class at UT and that alone may have got him. IMO, he likes the idea of playing at Michigan more.

Michigan already has a RB commit. Almost identical size as Green too, 5'11" 218lbs.

Deveon Smith - Yahoo! Sports

VN Store

Back