'13 VA RB Derrick Green (Michigan commit)

AU Rivals just confirmed Green's plans to visit Auburn this weekend on an unofficial. It will be unofficial because he already officially visited Auburn for the Georgia game.

AU Rivals just confirmed Green's plans to visit Auburn this weekend on an unofficial. It will be unofficial because he already officially visited Auburn for the Georgia game.

May be good news for us in that he is going through with these unofficials. Hope he schedules one with us next weekend.

May be good news for us in that he is going through with these unofficials. Hope he schedules one with us next weekend.

could be. as a UM fan this worries me a lot. mainly the fact that he's doing this on his own dime rather than using up his free trips, especially if he truly does know where he's going to go

Reactions: 1 person
could be. as a UM fan this worries me a lot. mainly the fact that he's doing this on his own dime rather than using up his free trips, especially if he truly does know where he's going to go

Yeah, I dont like this one damn bit. But in all fairness, I don't like him going anywhere but Tennessee.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
hopefully, i guess for both our sakes, he's just following through on what he said about meeting the new staff rather than an increased interest in auburn

it would so amuse me if they did that and green turned them down and reported them because of it. kid seems like a good morals kind of guy

As a Michigan fan I'm not sure how familiar you are with the Cadillac Williams deal, or who that is. But it seemed as if he was all Vol then Auburn swoops in last minute and gets him. And then Cadillac was nice enough to run all over us when we played them. Not that it has anything to do with Green's recruitment. Just that I hold grudges and that wound forever scarred me. Plus it's been known that Auburn will blatantly cheat and not really give a damn who knows.

Sorry SCTiger, you cool as heck. Nothing personal here, just business. BIG BUSINESS.

There's 2 schools I hate to see a recruit visit close to signing day. Clemson and Auburn. It never seems to fail...

As a Michigan fan I'm not sure how familiar you are with the Cadillac Williams deal, or who that is. But it seemed as if he was all Vol then Auburn swoops in last minute and gets him. And then Cadillac was nice enough to run all over us when we played them. Not that it has anything to do with Green's recruitment. Just that I hold grudges and that wound forever scarred me. Plus it's been known that Auburn will blatantly cheat and not really give a damn who knows.

Sorry SCTiger, you cool as heck. Nothing personal here, just business. BIG BUSINESS.

Iirc, they "hot sauced" him by coming up with the nickname "cadillac Williams" and giving him something (I can not remember what the item was mug or something) with that name on it.

i don't know how much this matters but UM best O-lineman just announced he's returning for his final year. he was projected #2 tackle this year i believe. had he left UM would not be near as good this coming season as they will be with him

Farrell says he is not going. They are tired want to rest as family.

Just sharing what was reported by AU Rivals late afternoon. It would be an OV on his family's dime so that is a factor. Also, 18 year-olds can change their minds quickly. Guess we'll see.

i don't know how much this matters but UM best O-lineman just announced he's returning for his final year. he was projected #2 tackle this year i believe. had he left UM would not be near as good this coming season as they will be with him

Is that the guy that got Clowneyed?

Reactions: 5 people

No worries. I understand Auburn's rep.

Rivals national guy just said on AU board that word is that Green is scheduled for an unofficial visit this weekend and the staff is hoping he will make the trip.

However, he just talked with Derrick's mother and she said they would not visit Auburn this weekend. She said they were taking a break after Army Bowl and would decide shortly which schools to visit on final two weekends.

Too bad we wasted his OV to us with Dooley. I imagine if we still had an OV to offer him that CBJ would win him and his family over and we would be getting him. But then again he has already OVd UM.
I'm not clear on the rules with OVs I know kids can only take 5 but are schools only allowed 1 OV per player or since he still has 2 OVs left can we offer him another OV?

He'll be #2 tackle next year at best as well. Tiny>>lewan.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 4 people
He'll be #2 tackle next year at best as well. Tiny>>lewan.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

quite possibly but for now lewan is rated #2 while, i keep hearing tiny but i don't know his real name so i'm going with the first UT tackle on the list, is #14 for the 2014 draft. even clowney said lewan was the best tackle he's played against.

“It’s one of those things where he and I earned respect for each other,” Lewan said. “I said, ‘You’re the best defensive end I’ve ever played against.’ He looked right back in my eyes and said, ‘You’re the best tackle I’ve ever played against.’ ”

VN Store

Back