'14 FL LB Jakob Johnson (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was 2nd team All-SEC last year.

Because of tackle numbers due to our defense being on the field so much. I don't believe he's an all sec lb, not by a long shot. All sec lb's make plays at or behind the line of scrimmage, not 5-12 yards downfield... Bless his heart. Way too slow and not good at coverage. Many coaches just look to see who led the league in tackles when voting anyway. See steve spurrier, who lets assistants do it for him.

Reactions: 3 people
Agreed. Plus, he is spending his OV this weekend with Hurd and family. They're sure to give him a lot of attention too. There are two other guys taken their OV with them too. I know that one guy is Bookser (OT) from PA, but I am not sure who the other guy is. He's a DT, but I don't remember the name.

That's a big deal that he is spending it w/ Hurd and his family too.

I would be greatly disappointed if we don't land him.

I think this could be our 'under-the-radar Cam Sutton award' winner of the 2014 class.

Wow not Mosley? Maybe Bruin has some merit about him being down our board.

Maybe it does say so something about Mosley but I think it says more about Reed and lamin. If williams is a huge priority that's means the staff doesn't feel good about reed and/or lamin IMO

It looks like, unless something crazy happens, this kid is all Vol.

It's amazing that such a hidden gem can go this long without being discovered. The fact that he is an EE is even better.

Is it possible that AJ gets recruited over and drops to a 2nd stringer/run-downs LB next year?

He's very raw so I wouldn't expect him to be starting next year. The guy is a complete athletic freak though and is maybe the most explosive LB prospect in the entire class. In a couple of year he could be something special.

SIAP, but could this guy possibly be being recruited as a DE? He'd be explosive off the block, and we already have a solid set of LBs coming in.

SIAP, but could this guy possibly be being recruited as a DE? He'd be explosive off the block, and we already have a solid set of LBs coming in.

There's some good DE's coming in as well. We've been missing explosive athletic LBs, I'd like to have this guy line up as a LB

and we have a solid set of DEs coming in. Coaches think hes the best LB in the class, so i would guess theyd keep him at LB

Yeah, I actually thought about all the stud DEs we have coming in after I posted... I guess LB would be most fitting, but this guy has the size and speed to be very versatile. LB, DE, maybe even TE if he has hands.

He's very raw so I wouldn't expect him to be starting next year. The guy is a complete athletic freak though and is maybe the most explosive LB prospect in the entire class. In a couple of year he could be something special.

So you agree with Thigpen on the analysis of Jakob? He said he was the best overall LB in the class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back