'14 FL LB Jakob Johnson (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garret is out. That's why I posted what I did.

I agree with you that Garrett is probably out as this point (unless one of our current commits flip), just have different reasoning. But I have no info so you may very well be right and I may be wrong. But after Thig's comment I truly believe that they got the guy that they wanted the most. Why even make the comment if he didn't believe it?

And I also believe that they will stick with the guys who bought in, jumped on board early, remained loyal throughout the process, and did everything that was asked of them (no visits). It's not like any of our LB commits are "diamond in the rough"/"project players" (unless you think JJ falls into that category). Everyone of them are great looking prospects whom were/are highly rated and sought after. This is just an amazing LB haul, and I'm very excited to see what that group looks like in a couple of years.

Reactions: 2 people
This recruitment picked up when we found out bad news wth Garrett. There was a gap in between offering Johnson and actually pushing him to get to campus and get the deal done. Johnson wouldn't be a vol if we were still in it for Garrett IMO

You're so wrong.

I agree with you that Garrett is probably out as this point (unless one of our current commits flip), just have different reasoning. But I have no info so you may very well be right and I may be wrong. But after Thig's comment I truly believe that they got the guy that they wanted the most. Why even make the comment if he didn't believe it?

And I also believe that they will stick with the guys who bought in, jumped on board early, remained loyal throughout the process, and did everything that was asked of them (no visits). It's not like any of our LB commits are "diamond in the rough"/"project players" (unless you think JJ falls into that category). Everyone of them are great looking prospects whom were/are highly rated and sought after. This is just an amazing LB haul, and I'm very excited to see what that group looks like in a couple of years.

Good post.

My only reasoning is this recruitment went very quiet for 2months. Now if they we trying to hide him that would be different but his name surfaced immediately.

As for thigs comments,I Have said it sounds like an in jest statement to me if its even true at all. Regardless I am darn happy we have the kid but I am also conceeding Garrett as well.

Someone try to answer me this:

Jakob and Daub are pretty much the exact same size, yet Daub gets a "10" on his size rating on 247, while Jakob gets a "7." WHY?

Been trying to tell yall for years now, the rankings are crap. They pick their narrative and stick to it bc they would be exposed.

More than 80% of the guys who cover & write (uninformed) critiques about these kids couldn't differentiate contrasting levels of talent on The same field. And yes I've seen it with my own eyes

Reactions: 1 person
Like:

Save this post!

This kid will be all SEC wrong???

All-SEC by when?

I think this guy will be a really good player for us. He's *physically* more advanced than any other LB we have coming in this cycle. If he can learn the system quickly, I have no doubts that he can start in Sapp's spot next year.

Starting as a freshman certainly leads one to believe that All-SEC is possible in his 2nd, 3rd or 4th year.

But that's not even the point. The point is you said the only reason Johnson is a commit is because we missed on Garrett. That's simply wrong, and you know it's wrong. You just saw most posters saying they love the pickup, and you naturally went against it because you needed some attention today, for what ever reason.

Kingston, Bruin's mocking you. You said Woody would be all SEC and Bruin's really enjoying the fact Woody hasn't done anything at UT. Don't bother arguing with him or even responding, put him on ignore.

All-SEC by when?

I think this guy will be a really good player for us. He's *physically* more advanced than any other LB we have coming in this cycle. If he can learn the system quickly, I have no doubts that he can start in Sapp's spot next year.

Starting as a freshman certainly leads one to believe that All-SEC is possible in his 2nd, 3rd or 4th year.

But that's not even the point. The point is you said the only reason Johnson is a commit is because we missed on Garrett. That's simply wrong, and you know it's wrong. You just saw most posters saying they love the pickup, and you naturally went against it because you needed some attention today, for what ever reason.

Sizzled.

All-SEC by when?

Just reminding you of a certain All SEC prediction you posted and even said save this post.

Go to the woody Quinn thread and tell me how that one turned out

Been trying to tell yall for years now, the rankings are crap. They pick their narrative and stick to it bc they would be exposed.

More than 80% of the guys who cover & write (uninformed) critiques about these kids couldn't differentiate contrasting levels of talent on The same field. And yes I've seen it with my own eyes

Their "ranking system" is bogus.

They just throw numbers out there. It's a decent concept, but they need to do away with it.

Kingston, Bruin's mocking you. You said Woody would be all SEC and Bruin's really enjoying the fact Woody hasn't done anything at UT. Don't bother arguing with him or even responding, put him on ignore.

When a poster ask for "a post to be saved" then they are asking for it to brought back up.

I get that. And I was obviously wrong and jumped the gun. It happens.

I'm sure we could go back through Bruin's posts and find everything he's been wrong about, but what's the point?

I'm one of the more negative posters on this board at times, but Bruin just fakes this attitude to get the attention he needs. That's all it is. I firmly think he believes nothing he posts, because you can tell he just sees what the popular opinion is then goes against it.

It's getting old. And we've ignored it far too long.

Just reminding you of a certain All SEC prediction you posted and even said save this post.

Go to the woody Quinn thread and tell me how that one turned out

If you make enough calls, you're bound to be very right, very wrong, or somewhere between on them all. I don't see the point in discussing old posts with the benefit of new information.

I'm sure we could go back through Bruin's posts and find everything he's been wrong about, but what's the point?

I'm one of the more negative posters on this board at times, but Bruin just fakes this attitude to get the attention he needs. That's all it is. I firmly think he believes nothing he posts, because you can tell he just sees what the popular opinion is then goes against it.

I and many others have called him out many times. He won't go away and the mods won't ban him although he's clearly a troll just like you say. The best thing we can do is for ALL OF US to put him on ignore and that way no one will have to see his posts and he'll just argue with himself.

Kingston

I firmly believe Johnson wouldn't be a Vol now if we were in it for Garrett.

There were 2 months of inactivity with this recruitment. Hubbs even said he was going to stay in florida where central florida was his only offer also never mentioning a potential visit here until November. I am sorry but IMO there is no other explanation for those 2 months of inactivity than we were waiting on Garrett

I brought this up because the subject was who is getting culled if Garrett is a vol.

Last edited:
I and many others have called him out many times. He won't go away and the mods won't ban him although he's clearly a troll just like you say. The best thing we can do is for ALL OF US to put him on ignore and that way no one will have to see his posts and he'll just argue with himself.

Done. :hi:

Post of the year.I asked over a year ago what makes these guys such end all talent scouts.I agree most of them never played or coached.Id trust our coaches over the writers for Rivals, 24/7,Scout, or Espn every day and twice on Sunday.
But I still enjoy reading the info they bring.;)))

Last edited:
Bruin is not a troll. He is just the antithesis of Swanson. That isn't everyone's cup of tea. Sometimes I enjoy discussions with him, other times it makes me wanna drink rubbing alcohol.

Bruin is not a troll. He is just the antithesis of Swanson. That isn't everyone's cup of tea. Sometimes I enjoy discussions with him, other times it makes me wanna drink rubbing alcohol.

Thanks I think! Lol.

The funny part here is posters were discussing which commit would be cut if Garrett gets on board.

I gave what I consider to be very reasonable evidence why I see it that Garrett has been conceded.

All the Kingston can do is post "you are wrong"

I usually try to back up my opinions with reasons especially when I say someone is wrong but I only get the you are wrong responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back