'14 FL LB Jakob Johnson (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kid is easily the part athletically. Going to be exciting to watch our coverage units. Won't be any more of that Auburn BS. Once this kid learns how to take on blocks and defeat them(hell he may already know lol) it's really on. I like all but maybe one LB in this class and even he's solid.

I don't always agree with Bruin, but I believe he has a valid point/opinion on this. Not saying we wouldn't take Johnson otherwise, but I do believe it makes it less likely that we are getting Garrett. Hope I'm wrong though.

Also. If Johnson had taken off sooner, would we have been recruiting him over one of the other LB's? My opinion.......possibly. Just not sure which one and since I don't get paid to be sure, it doesn't matter.

All in all. Glad to have the young man. Hope he balls out for us.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't always agree with Bruin, but I believe he has a valid point/opinion on this. Not saying we wouldn't take Johnson otherwise, but I do believe it makes it less likely that we are getting Garrett. Hope I'm wrong though.

Also. If Johnson had taken off sooner, would we have been recruiting him over one of the other LB's? My opinion.......possibly. Just not sure which one and since I don't get paid to be sure, it doesn't matter.

All in all. Glad to have the young man. Hope he balls out for us.

the way this staff is recruiting id say were a player for garrett and johnsons a baller.

That's going from lesser talent(no disrespect to those guys) to elite talent really quick. Major upgrade. And we will add Cherry in the next recruiting class. WOW!:rock:

Exactly. And people are wondering why we can't win with the guys we already have. Truthfully they're just not SEC talent.

Reactions: 2 people
Kid is easily the part athletically. Going to be exciting to watch our coverage units. Won't be any more of that Auburn BS. Once this kid learns how to take on blocks and defeat them(hell he may already know lol) it's really on. I like all but maybe one LB in this class and even he's solid.
Maybe he knows how to take on and shed blocks but not that those are the plays that are supposed to go on the highlight tape :)

I get that. And I was obviously wrong and jumped the gun. It happens.

I'm sure we could go back through Bruin's posts and find everything he's been wrong about, but what's the point?

I'm one of the more negative posters on this board at times, but Bruin just fakes this attitude to get the attention he needs. That's all it is. I firmly think he believes nothing he posts, because you can tell he just sees what the popular opinion is then goes against it.

It's getting old. And we've ignored it far too long.

Not enough ignore it, IMO.

I agree no need to get fired up over someone's opinion I don't mind bruin

I don't mind a differing opinion, it is the incessant arguing about anything with anyone who will argue. Make your point and move on. He can't or won't do that.

Reactions: 2 people
The school that stands to possibly benefit from Johnson’s next visit is UCF, and Johnson said late Tuesday night that he has decided to take an unofficial visit to the Orlando campus for Friday night’s matchup with USF. If he likes it, he will come back in December to take an official visit.

“I wouldn’t come to waste everybody’s time,” Johnson said. “It just might be a good thing to see another university, get another experience in.” So what UCF fans and coaches want to know is: Does UCF really have a shot at landing the services of the 6-foot-3, 246-pound linebacker.

“I think the coaches are great and those are the coaches I’ve talked to the second most,” Johnson said of the UCF staff, right behind Tennessee.

He was very impressed during his visit to Tennessee. “I had a really great time up there,” he said. “They have a really great program and great fans and they have a lot of history at Tennessee.”

German Jakob Johnson taking UCF visit despite Tennessee commitment - Orlando Sentinel

I thought I read somewhere that Butch had a NO OV to other schools rule with commitments?

Yeah those are bigtime comparisons. It's staring to make sense that Jakob might actually be the #1 LB on the coaches board. Huge get and an EE? What a steal.

Goes to show the coaches don't go by Recruiting Services opinions on the recruits. Thig knows talent, and if he said he feels Jakob is the best, then that's good enough for me. He's a steal and a great find.

Reactions: 1 person
I thought I read somewhere that Butch had a NO OV to other schools rule with commitments?

He seems to, but like every rule there have been exceptions. I could see one here since he has only been in the states for 4 months. I also wouldnt be surprised to see the visits cancelled like other recruits did.

He seems to, but like every rule there have been exceptions. I could see one here since he has only been in the states for 4 months. I also wouldnt be surprised to see the visits cancelled like other recruits did.

Thomas and Johnson both had visits already scheduled at the time of their commitments the next week. Perhaps the staff said since the visit was already set in motion go forward with it and then shut things down.

Thomas and Johnson both had visits already scheduled at the time of their commitments the next week. Perhaps the staff said since the visit was already set in motion go forward with it and then shut things down.

I sure hope so. Also, I hope that Thig is right about this one.

Because....? Because you simply trust the staff? I'm sure that's what you said when Dooley was still the HC. "They know more than we do," right? Right?

And yet, those same players are the ones you keep claiming are too slow and untalented...on our current roster. So, which is it? Trust, but verify....or just trust, until the current coach is no longer the coach here, and then it's open season on him and the players he recruited. Sounds pretty hypocritical, imho.

Not bashing the kid....but I'm tired of blindly trusting whoever happens to be the current staff members. It gives me a little more peace of mind, knowing that more than our own staff believes a player has SEC level talent.

No because I watched his film and his size. Reads, and ability look crisp. I liked his film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back