'14 FL LB Jakob Johnson (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol at I enjoy the commercials guy..... This consumerism really has a hold on you brother

Have you seen the shipped my pants commercial from Kmart? I thought it was funny. Do I find them all funny or entertaining? Hardly, I would say a very small percentage.

I appreciate you taking this up but its a lost cause.

Some posters can't handle conflicting view points that make them have to consider their never changing views might be wrong.

Just like in this thread. 2 months of inactivity for a recruit along with hubbs saying he was staying home in florida but nobody wants to realize its very reasonable to Think those 2months were waiting on Garrett to make a decision. When he decided for Lsu we begin the full speed ahead process with Johnson.

Not one poster has given a explanation for those 2months because they don't have one. So they hide behind their ignore button!

What I can't understand is that this is all speculation. No one knows what has/is going on in the background? You have a theory who knows whether it's right or wrong? Why can't they say they disagree and propose an alternative theory and move on?

Reactions: 4 people
I just assumed you would ignore someone because their post were offensive to you. If not, my bad.

No, not offensive, just delaying/cluttering my access to the information I tend to come here for.

I just don't see how my decision to ignore or not ignore any particular poster impacts anyone else, or makes me a baby. I visit this site for my own enjoyment and, luckily, Wickman has given me the ability to tailor it to my own preferences.

Reactions: 4 people
What I can't understand is that this is all speculation. No one knows what has/is going on in the background? You have a theory who knows whether it's right or wrong? Why can't they say they disagree and propose an alternative theory and move on?

Because Bruin won't do that. He keeps arguing and changing the argument and it never stops and it goes on and on and on and then he argues some more and then he changes it a little and argues some more and then more and I hope you're starting to get the idea. He won't make his point and move on. So people put him on ignore and only have to see a little of it.

Reactions: 6 people
Because Bruin won't do that. He keeps arguing and changing the argument and it never stops and it goes on and on and on and then he argues some more and then he changes it a little and argues some more and then more and I hope you're starting to get the idea. He won't make his point and move on. So people put him on ignore and only have to see a little of it.

Give me your reasoning for 2 months of inactivity for Johnson???

Make sure you include why hubbs said he was staying home where central florida was his only offer.

If you convince me with a reasonable explanation I will admit you very well might be right.

Give me your reasoning for 2 months of inactivity for Johnson???

Make sure you include why hubbs said he was staying home where central florida was his only offer.

If you convince me with a reasonable explanation I will admit you very well might be right.

You're just proving his point man. Everyone knows your stance/beliefs in what happened in JJs recruitment. Some people think you're right and some people do not. It's the never ending arguing over it that he and others get tired of (not trying to speak for him). People have given differing opinions on what they think happened already and you just dismissed them. I know you believe you're right and others are wrong and there's nothing wrong with that. But obviously people have made up their minds one way or the other at this point so I don't see the point in continuing to argue about it. I'm just happy we got him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Lol, that's much more true than the posters casting aspersions about babies. When a person is a constant douche, you don't want to hang around them... That is all

This. I'd wager that everyone knows at least one person that when they start talking you stop listening. It doesn't mean you don't hear anything they say because you have other friends that are sure to tell you. You just don't listen because you know that the majority of what they say will not be worth listening too. (Even if every now and then they make a decent statement.)

Reactions: 1 person
Bruin still gonna Bruin. Apologizes in one thread, and then strikes up another argument that had supposedly ended in another thread.

I wish there was an ignore button in real life so I don't have to watch or listen to cuonzo martin

Slowly but surely that's what's happening for me. I would have given my wife a divorce lawyers number to call if she told me i was going Christmas shopping during a hoops game 5 years ago. Today I am gladly going and don't give a flip about the game. Half season martin has successfully taken my passion away for Vol hoops.

Reactions: 1 person
I appreciate you taking this up but its a lost cause.

Some posters can't handle conflicting view points that make them have to consider their never changing views might be wrong.

Just like in this thread. 2 months of inactivity for a recruit along with hubbs saying he was staying home in florida but nobody wants to realize its very reasonable to Think those 2months were waiting on Garrett to make a decision. When he decided for Lsu we begin the full speed ahead process with Johnson.

Not one poster has given a explanation for those 2months because they don't have one. So they hide behind their ignore button!

What happened awhile back ago is insignificant considering Johnson as ours. I wouldn't compare Bruin to a commercial. He's more like this forum's Jim Rome. It's not spam, or a call at dinner time, but he's a persistent ass who uses his brain.

You're just proving his point man. Everyone knows your stance/beliefs in what happened in JJs recruitment. Some people think you're right and some people do not. It's the never ending arguing over it that he and others get tired of (not trying to speak for him). People have given differing opinions on what they think happened already and you just dismissed them. I know you believe you're right and others are wrong and there's nothing wrong with that. But obviously people have made up their minds one way or the other at this point so I don't see the point in continuing to argue about it. I'm just happy we got him.

He's pretty much right Bruin. You seem to argue for winning and losing rather than discussion. It gets annoying because it always ends up in a circle. Anybody can do that.

Reactions: 2 people
What happened awhile back ago is insignificant considering Johnson as ours. I wouldn't compare Bruin to a commercial. He's more like this forum's Jim Rome. It's not spam, or a call at dinner time, but he's a persistent ass who uses his brain.

Would've made for great TV if Jim Everett had punched Rome in the face that day. Not to sidetrack... please, carry on.

The main reason I believe we waited on Johnson was numbers.

Once the coaches figured out we could take more and use blueshirts or whatever we saw a pickup in recruiting.

All of the sudden we saw Thomas come on a OV and commit quickly. We saw Mixon come and commit, and we saw Johnson come and commit.

All 3 of these recruits are guys we had a very good chance with but we were seemingly slow playing early on.

I believe this all has to do with numbers.

Again, maybe we dont if Garrett gives us a great impression on his OV, but I think anytime your in a dogfight, you cant assume. I doubt we would have just held off.

The main reason I believe we waited on Johnson was numbers.

Once the coaches figured out we could take more and use blueshirts or whatever we saw a pickup in recruiting.

All of the sudden we saw Thomas come on a OV and commit quickly. We saw Mixon come and commit, and we saw Johnson come and commit.

All 3 of these recruits are guys we had a very good chance with but we were seemingly slow playing early on.

I believe this all has to do with numbers.

Again, maybe we dont if Garrett gives us a great impression on his OV, but I think anytime your in a dogfight, you cant assume. I doubt we would have just held off.
I can certainly buy the 2 month inactivity had more to do with checking on blue shirt possibilities than Garrett. That's a very reasonable alternative to my opinion. Great job buff!

Somebody used their brain instead of the ignore button

Last edited:
What happened awhile back ago is insignificant considering Johnson as ours.

Agreed but that wasn't the context of my post where I said IMO he was taken when Garett said no.

Posters were discussing who would get culled when Garrett committed. That's the only reason I stated my opinion. That was the context

Agreed but that wasn't the context of my post where I said IMO he was taken when Garett said no.

Posters were discussing who would get culled when Garrett committed. That's the only reason I stated my opinion. That was the context

It's not bad context either. Argument is a road that has its own twist and turns, but we should be able to see the logical path. Has Garrett said no yet?

I think he has but its all guessing.

Guesswork is acceptable in officating nowadays, why not have it acceptable anywhere else in life. We can guess if a bridge would collapse. For all we know, we could have an insane problem at linebacker where it requires turnover.

Guesswork is acceptable in officating nowadays, why not have it acceptable anywhere else in life. We can guess if a bridge would collapse. For all we know, we could have an insane problem at linebacker where it requires turnover.

It will be interesting to hear if our staff goes out to see Garrett next week. If they don't the answer is obvious

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back